Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Romo Will Come To Denver

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Damn. Was hoping to have good quarterback play next year.
    We have to hope that TS either becomes a system QB or Lynch takes the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    We have to hope that TS either becomes a system QB or Lynch takes the job.
    I 1st & foremost when Lynch to take the job because that's why we drafted him. However, TS becoming an effective system QB is an acceptable Plan B.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default John Elway on Tony Romo speculation: “The plan is to stay the course” with Broncos’ two QBs

PHOENIX — The Broncos have a plan, and it may not match what so many have believed or have speculated about for months.

Tony Romo’s future continues to hang in the balance, and the topic of where he plays next has hovered over the NFL meetings this week. But the odds of the 36-year-old quarterback taking the reins in Denver appear increasingly short.

Broncos general manager John Elway said Monday the Broncos haven’t had any discussions at the meetings about Romo and that their focus remains on developing their young quarterbacks.

“Nope. Same old thing. He’s still under contract with the Cowboys,” Elway said of Romo. “Like we’ve said, we really feel good about the two young ones that we have. Trevor (Siemian) did a good job for us last year and Paxton (Lynch) was young. The plan is to stay the course there and see what’s available in the (April 27-29) draft. We’ll go from there.”
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/27...-with-two-qbs/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Damn. Was hoping to have good quarterback play next year.
    Mo, will you do me a favor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Mo, will you do me a favor?
    Probably not, but you could ask.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I hope he's playing it smooth so we can pick up Romo.

Because Lynch having another bench season is fine by me.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

“Like we’ve said, we really feel good about the two young ones that we have. Trevor (Siemian) did a good job for us last year and Paxton (Lynch) was young. The plan is to stay the course there and see what’s available in the (April 27-29) draft. We’ll go from there.”
    Um, you have Siemian and Lynch in the fold and the big knock on both is their lack of experience. I hope when he says "see what's available in the draft", he's not talking about quarterbacks. IMO, none of the QBs in this draft are ready-now upgrades from what he already has.

If he's thinking of a veteran, Colin Kaepernick says he'd play for $9 mil if he can be the starter. That's a fair price, actually more than fair for a player with Super Bowl experience. Personally, I'm staying with what we already have.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Is Romo better than 3rd year Veteran Trevor Siemian? Not talking about the Romo of the past, I am talking about an ageing 37 year old injury prone QB who has choked in big games and has only went to the playoffs a handfull of times. If that is ALL Romo has to give us wouldn't it be better to go with the QB that cost way less but who potentially could have way more upside than a 37 year old Romo?

I have made the case for Romo but I also have to make a case against him.

I would rather trade for Joe Thomas, draft Christian McCaffrey and add in another playmaker like Victor Cruz or Anquan Boldin as a 3rd WR option. Someone cheap but could produce. Trevor with a real OL and weapons with this defense you would have to think that would be a winning formula.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

10. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Why is there this assumption that we can trade for Joe Thomas? Or that C-Mac will be there? Neither of those scenarios seems likely to me.

The assumption is based on recent reports of Joe Thomas agent saying Joe likes Denver. I think he is trying to see if there is mutual interest with the Broncos. Also, Joes agent lives in Denver AND Elway looked into trading for him before. It is our single most area of need on this team and why not go get one of the best LTs in the game?

Now for McCaffery, his stock is soaring. He is a fan favorite and his dad was a legend. I want him to be a Bronco. He may be gone before 20 but wouldn't be suprised to see Elway move up and get him either.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

13. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    The assumption is based on recent reports of Joe Thomas agent saying Joe likes Denver. I think he is trying to see if there is mutual interest with the Broncos. Also, Joes agent lives in Denver AND Elway looked into trading for him before. It is our single most area of need on this team and why not go get one of the best LTs in the game?

Now for McCaffery, his stock is soaring. He is a fan favorite and his dad was a legend. I want him to be a Bronco. He may be gone before 20 but wouldn't be suprised to see Elway move up and get him either.
    Romo liked Denver. Campbell liked Denver. A lot of people like Denver - it means nothing, unfortunately.

We tried to trade for him and Cleveland opted not to make the deal.

I hope we don't trade up for a running back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Probably not, but you could ask.
    Fine, be that way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Why is there this assumption that we can trade for Joe Thomas? Or that C-Mac will be there? Neither of those scenarios seems likely to me.
    No more unlikey than Romo playing in Denver.

If Romo is ever actually released, he'll be a FA with a limited market. I still don't see it happening, but it's more likely Romo comes here than we somehow trade for a top two or three LT in the game when the Browns are investing heavily into their o-line.

At one point, a more recent point, he was linked to us and we were linked to him. He also will be released at some point, so I think he's more 'available' than Joe Thomas.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information