Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Romo Will Come To Denver

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    If we sign Romo, and the contract isn't awful, I might smile.
    I'm not anti-romo if it's a team friendly deal. I have no expectations of him surviving 4 games even if we do sign him to a team friendly deal, but I'm sure he'll play well for 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well if that's true he'll be in Denver. If he's released I think we automatically end up as the landing spot just about.
    Depends how serious Romo was about wanting to be a Bronco. Everyone (clearly including him) makes the Manning comparison, but Manning had a great injury history before the SINGLE injury that cost him a whole season and nearly ended his career. Far more importantly, Manning also had a DECADE of playoff seasons with a .500 SB record; Romo's rarely reached and NEVER exceeded the divisional round. And, of course, he's two years older than Manning was when we signed him.

He'd be great insurance if we want to test Lynchs readiness, but Siemian is too for a third as much even if Romo takes the vet minimum. Likewise, Romo'd be great insurance if we want to see if Siemians year of starting raises his game, but so is Lynch for less, and he'll be around much longer. This has "team-friendly deal" written all over it; if Romo's invested well enough he's not worried about retirement but is DEEPLY worried about retiring with a ring, fine.

However, if he wants $15M+/yr, he can and thus probably will get it, but I need to believe Elway's too smart to be the one paying it.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m

#Broncos will remain connected to Romo until situation resolved. But #Texans could be better fit. @DenverChannel

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 13m

#Broncos will remain connected to Romo until situation resolved. But #Texans could be better fit. @DenverChannel

Lol

Poor Brock

If Cutler gets cut (as NFL.com suggests) i think I would be less pissed with signing him than Romo. But I'm not really sure why. Maybe just the injury factor, but still.

6. The Following User High Fived LawDog For This Post:

I want to be your friend, but our past is murky. I cannot smile now. Good job!
    I'm merely suggesting a photo king, not your right ring finger.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    If Cutler gets cut (as NFL.com suggests) i think I would be less pissed with signing him than Romo. But I'm not really sure why. Maybe just the injury factor, but still.
    On one hand he's still a huge talented guy with mobility and toughness.

On the other hand he gets hurt a lot and is a frown cannon.

Man...I don't think I'd be mad if we signed him though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lol

Poor Brock
    He really is the worst QB ever.

TS >Brent Ozintwheilheimerdingerupperdownzorz.

**** that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

13. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2h

Source says Tony Romo expecting release, not trade, and believes he can start as #NFL QB 2-3 more seasons despite turning 37, injury history
    No one is going to take on his contract. Even coming via free agency I wouldn't be in favor of bringing in Romo.

15. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

On the other hand he . . . is a frown cannon.
    Great language!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Putting aside the obvious disdain for Cutler, I would be apprehensive about both of them for the same reasons as I don't think either of them had great work ethics during the prime of their careers... Romo will be 37 to start the season - he's injury prone and has always come up small in the biggest situations. Why on earth would he be the answer?

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Putting aside the obvious disdain for Cutler, I would be apprehensive about both of them for the same reasons as I don't think either of them had great work ethics during the prime of their careers... Romo will be 37 to start the season - he's injury prone and has always come up small in the biggest situations. Why on earth would he be the answer?
    I said in a previous post I would love if Cutler signed a team friendly contract and competed with Siemian and Lynch in training camp. I don't think it's a given he would beat out Siemian for starting position either, but would be fun none the less to see them compete.

Would regardless if we sign Cutler or Romo, I think we bring in a 3rd QB either in the draft or free agency just to compete with the other two QB's on our roster.

I don't know if McCoy/Musgrave can develop a blank QB slate into a franchise guy, but would MUCH rather let them try then pay $10-15M/yr for a BADLY FLAWED finished (in all senses) product who'll leave us right back here in 2-3 years no matter what. There's a very short list of QBs who still sucked at 28 but didn't go right on sucking til 38. It's not so much "a list" as "Jim Plunkett."

If Romo or Cutler wants to be cheap insurance policy, fine, but I doubt even Romo would go for that and KNOW Cutler wouldn't.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I don't know if McCoy/Musgrave can develop a blank QB slate into a franchise guy, but would MUCH rather let them try then pay $10-15M/yr for a BADLY FLAWED finished (in all senses) product who'll leave us right back here in 2-3 years no matter what. There's a very short list of QBs who still sucked at 28 but didn't go right on sucking til 38. It's not so much "a list" as "Jim Plunkett."

If Romo or Cutler wants to be cheap insurance policy, fine, but I doubt even Romo would go for that and KNOW Cutler wouldn't.
    So that's it...one thing left to do.

Sign them both.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information