Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1179

Thread: Why Romo Will Come To Denver

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Romo to retire.

Looks like nobody is getting him. Time to move on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-set-to-retire
    https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...23849229070336

Yep. Jones is a raging douche though... Had he cut him, Tony would have ended up with a team, now he's done.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Romo to retire.

Looks like nobody is getting him. Time to move on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-set-to-retire
    Good for Romo. That seemed to be the only decision he could control with how Jerry was treating him. It's a shame he didn't really get to explore other opportunities. I think he'll be a good TV guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Thank goodness! Hopefully there will be no more Romo talk and the team will move forward with the two young QB's. The focus should now become surrounding them with the protection and offensive weapons needed for them to succeed.

My hope is that Lynch has progressed enough for the team to be comfortable enough to roll with him as the QBOTF. With all the supposedly behind the scenes chatter that Lynch needs more time to learn the game, my take is he is the type of QB that must get game experience. Only then will they know if he indeed the QB to lead this team into the future or if they will need to dip into the QB pool again in future drafts. The team should use this season and deal with his "growing pains" as most teams do.

Give Lynch some playmakers at RB (McCaffrey or Mixon), TE (Njoku or Engram) and WR ( Z. Jones or Kupp). After the draft is complete, trade whatever future drafts picks for an established young LT. I would like for them to see if TEN is interested in trading Taylor Lewan or if AZ would be listen to offers for Veldheer.

4. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Thank goodness! Hopefully there will be no more Romo talk and the team will move forward with the two young QB's. The focus should now become surrounding them with the protection and offensive weapons needed for them to succeed.

My hope is that Lynch has progressed enough for the team to be comfortable enough to roll with him as the QBOTF. With all the supposedly behind the scenes chatter that Lynch needs more time to learn the game, my take is he is the type of QB that must get game experience. Only then will they know if he indeed the QB to lead this team into the future or if they will need to dip into the QB pool again in future drafts. The team should use this season and deal with his "growing pains" as most teams do.

Give Lynch some playmakers at RB (McCaffrey or Mixon), TE (Njoku or Engram) and WR ( Z. Jones or Kupp). After the draft is complete, trade whatever future drafts picks for an established young LT. I would like for them to see if TEN is interested in trading Taylor Lewan or if AZ would be listen to offers for Veldheer.
    If you're looking to trade for a tackle, your best bet is to look at guys like Thomas or Staley, who are entering the twilight of their careers on teams that may not be relevant again until they are past their prime. Tennessee is a potential playoff team this year, so I doubt they are willing to give up their young starting LT...and Arizona is in win now mode and just recently moved Veldheer to RT.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If you're looking to trade for a tackle, your best bet is to look at guys like Thomas or Staley, who are entering the twilight of their careers on teams that may not be relevant again until they are past their prime. Tennessee is a potential playoff team this year, so I doubt they are willing to give up their young starting LT...and Arizona is in win now mode and just recently moved Veldheer to RT.
    I looked at Veldheer as a possibility just for that reason. He and Humphries battled it out for LT last year. Veldheer lost the competition and was moved to RT.

Can't remember where I saw it , but there were rumblings that TEN was growing tired of the fighting and oddities of Lewan. Hell all they can say is no, and Elway will have to move on.

As for Thomas and Staley, Den has nothing to offer CLE since they are loaded with picks for the next two years. Staley might be a possibility, especially with Lynch as GM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: Tony Romo heading into broadcasting

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is leaving football and going into broadcasting, even with Dallas planning to release him Tuesday, league sources tell ESPN.

Romo has received interest from CBS, Fox and NBC, and can choose to be a color commentator where he wants. That move could come as early as Tuesday, sources said.

But the decision to leave football already has been made. His run as the Cowboys' quarterback -- and an NFL player -- officially ends Tuesday.

Dallas is expected to designate Romo as a post-June 1 release, softening the blow against the Cowboys' cap this season. Instead of counting $24.7 million in 2017, Romo would count $10.7 million this year and $8.9 million in 2018. The Cowboys would gain $14 million in cap space, but it would not become available until June 2. But after Tuesday, Romo will no longer be with the Cowboys.

Romo's decision came down to his health, sources close to the situation told ESPN. Romo, who turns 37 on April 21, believes his family and his health are paramount at this time in his life. He was limited to playing in just parts of five games over the past two seasons because of collarbone and back injuries, and he suffered a compression fracture in his back last August that led to him ultimately giving way to Dak Prescott.

He now will get to spend more time with his family while still retaining a strong connection to the game he loves. Romo spent the past several weeks working through the decision, sources told ESPN.

Romo already has informed Cowboys owner Jerry Jones of his decision to step away from the game for now, sources said. The networks courting him also are aware.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...oadcast-career

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

It looks like it was not Jones holding things up, but rather Romo, deciding if he still wanted to play, or if he wanted to retire and go into broadcasting.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I looked at Veldheer as a possibility just for that reason. He and Humphries battled it out for LT last year. Veldheer lost the competition and was moved to RT.

Can't remember where I saw it , but there were rumblings that TEN was growing tired of the fighting and oddities of Lewan. Hell all they can say is no, and Elway will have to move on.

As for Thomas and Staley, Den has nothing to offer CLE since they are loaded with picks for the next two years. Staley might be a possibility, especially with Lynch as GM.
    To be more specific...Veldheer won the competition last year, but went on IR in October, along with Mathis. That's when the wheels started to fall off for AZ and with the lesser line...Palmer looked bad. Bottom line...I just dont see AZ parting with anything they currently have because they know what the end result will be.

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    To be more specific...Veldheer won the competition last year, but went on IR in October, along with Mathis. That's when the wheels started to fall off for AZ and with the lesser line...Palmer looked bad. Bottom line...I just dont see AZ parting with anything they currently have because they know what the end result will be.
    I stand corrected! I remember reading last year they were in competition for the spot and assumed Humphries won out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Reports say Romo is going to CBS and replacing Simms. What a glorious, glorious day!

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Hold me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    It looks like it was not Jones holding things up, but rather Romo, deciding if he still wanted to play, or if he wanted to retire and go into broadcasting.
    I thought this was kinda obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Reports say Romo is going to CBS and replacing Simms. What a glorious, glorious day!
    I was just going to post this - sounds like it's really happening. So Nantz and Romo in the lead CBS booth next year? That'll take some getting used to.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago

Tony Romo now will be in line to work with Jim Nantz as the color commentator for Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta, Georgia.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago

Tony Romo also could wind up working on CBS' golf coverage down the line, but Romo - a scratch golfer - first wants to focus on football.

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 3m3 minutes ago

Mike Garafolo Retweeted John Ourand

It's CBS's year to do the Cowboys' Thanksgiving game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Hold me.
    slim is your man for that kind of action. . .

20. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information