Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1179

Thread: Why Romo Will Come To Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Slim isn't intelligent enough to understand anything from 538.
    I understand they are wrong as often as they are right.

Do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I understand they are wrong as often as they are right.

Do you?
    And I understand that they are right more often than other predictors of events. Do you?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I think Collinsworth is the best out there right now
    #1 because his intelligent analysis and candor mix is the best, even if he's a bit grating, but who is #2? I think the quiet, solid guys like Tirico don't get enough props. Whuddaya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Lynch has to have a chance. TS already had one
    Here I thought I was conversing with a fellow traveler on these message boards.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    #1 because his intelligent analysis and candor mix is the best, even if he's a bit grating, but who is #2? I think the quiet, solid guys like Tirico don't get enough props. Whuddaya think?
    I love Collinsworth. Torico is great, but he doesn't do football does he?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    NBC promised Tirico the Thursday Night slot, along with bringing him on to anchor their British Open and Olympics coverage, but had either already signed the contract or forgot to write it in to the contract with the NFL and the NFL told them no for some reason. I'd rather him than Al Michaels, personally.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I can't recall. Part of my comment is that I like guys in the style of Tirico--low-key, professional, reserved--and the other part is that I like the faceless, nameless dudes that don't actively get in the way of the sport as it unfolds. Guys like Fouts somehow get in the way of the flow of the game, from time to time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I can't recall. Part of my comment is that I like guys in the style of Tirico--low-key, professional, reserved--and the other part is that I like the faceless, nameless dudes that don't actively get in the way of the sport as it unfolds. Guys like Fouts somehow get in the way of the flow of the game, from time to time.
    But Trico is a play by play guy while Fouts is a color guy. Those are two totally different jobs. It's Fouts' job to give his insights after each play. Trico's job is simply to describe the play as it's happening then give way to the color guy for the analysis.

And I understand that they are right more often than other predictors of events. Do you?
    Yeah - Nate Silver is unprecedented at calling a lot of events, and their data analysis is heralded and almost beyond approach. They usually catch their technical mistakes before anyone else.

Slim is passively an anti-intellectual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

But Trico is a play by play guy while Fouts is a color guy. Those are two totally different jobs. It's Fouts' job to give his insights after each play. Trico's job is simply to describe the play as it's happening then give way to the color guy for the analysis.
    Fouts does both.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

FWIW I think Fouts is pretty awful too.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I get that. The reserved guy is the commentator, not the color guy. But they are a team, and the give and take and flow defines the team and the commentators. Good play by play guys are like other-worldly color guys but super taciturn, and vice versa. Just pigeon-holing doesn't do justice to the original critique.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

FWIW I think Fouts is pretty awful too.
    aite.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Back to Romo, I really hope he's good. Jim Nantz is the absolute gold standard for play-by-play guys, and it would be nice to hear someone halfway competent/entertaining as his counterpart.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lynch has to have a chance. TS already had one
    Not necessarily. Just because you think you can box doesnt mean you belong in the ring. If Lynch cant beat out TS and show the coaches he is capable of being the starter it doesnt mean he needs to just be handed the team. If that were the case than ANY backup QB would be thrown in as the starter just to see what they have. They have to do the other things to prove they deserve the job, if he cant do that than there is no reason to throw him in there just because. Lets also remember that the team is 8-6 under TS in his first year as a starter, thats hardly horrible.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information