Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Romo Will Come To Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Report: CBS wants Tony Romo as potential Phil Simms replacement

We knew that Tony Romo was getting some lucrative offers from the broadcasting world, but one report indicates that CBS is looking to him as a possible No. 1 color commentator.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, CBS Sports is interested in the Dallas Cowboys quarterback as a potential replacement for Phil Simms, who has served as the lead commentator for the NFL on CBS since the network reacquired the broadcast rights in 1998.
    rest - http://larrybrownsports.com/football...acement/359903

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Getting Phil Simms off the air would be bonus!
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

3. The Following 6 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Jerry Jones on Romo resolution: 'Before training camp'

The Tony Romo saga could play out for the entire offseason.

Speaking Tuesday at the Annual League Meeting in Phoenix, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones indicated his only timetable for a resolution on Romo's future is "before training camp," according to USA Today's Tom Pelissero.

Jones stressed to local reporters there is no "imminent" deadline that would push a decision.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-training-camp

jerruh has realized that he can probably force romo into retirement by squatting on his rights past the point when anyone will want him. . .

typical rich guy "if i can't have my favorite toy, no one gets to play with it" attitude. . . that guy is such a supreme douche. . . i ain't even butthurt about it for the broncos, it was never more than a wing and a prayer anyways. . . it's a truly shitty thing to do to tony, though, after what he's given them as a UDFA. . .
    well sad.

JSteve...hold me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I was thinkin about this some more today...If we wanted to do the retread thing one more time. Why not roll with TS and Lynch this year and see if Brees hits FA next year (it's very likely that he will) Brees feels like he's got a lot of gas in the tank, his level of play seems to agree. Why not try and bring him in here for a Peytonesque final run an then draft someone after.

That strategy would give us one more year of grooming Lynch/TS to see if either of them are capable of being the future, if in that year it turns out that they are in fact capable, then we don't need to pursue Brees and can roll with what we've got.

Well, because maybe a SB run this year would be neat?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Well, because maybe a SB run this year would be neat?
    If you think Romo brings that, I've got some great waterfront property in Florida you might be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If you think Romo brings that, I've got some great waterfront property in Florida you might be interested in.
    You don't think a mobile playmaking QB who has produced on far worse teams can take this team with an elite defense and make it a SB contender? That's weird.

If he doesn't do that, TS doesn't do that. And we knew that TS wouldn't do that last year, too. So then what is the point of having TS on the team? By that logic, you might as well give it over to PL and see if he can develop ASAP so we can be contenders again - if he can't then you'd just move on from him, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You don't think a mobile playmaking QB who has produced on far worse teams can take this team with an elite defense and make it a SB contender? That's weird.

If he doesn't do that, TS doesn't do that. And we knew that TS wouldn't do that last year, too. So then what is the point of having TS on the team? By that logic, you might as well give it over to PL and see if he can develop ASAP so we can be contenders again - if he can't then you'd just move on from him, too.
    Romo has had plenty of talent around him and really hasn't even truly come close in Dallas. This isn't Peyton Manning we're talking about here... His best season in recent history was 2014 when he had a fantastic running game to take the pressure off him. We do not have that here... Sure the defense will take some pressure off, but the defense isn't going to keep him from adding to his already rather length injury list that has kept him from playing very many meaningful games the last two seasons.

You think I oversell TS? Maybe I do, but Tony Romo is one of the most overrated QB's of all freaking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Romo has had plenty of talent around him and really hasn't even truly come close in Dallas. This isn't Peyton Manning we're talking about here... His best season in recent history was 2014 when he had a fantastic running game to take the pressure off him. We do not have that here... Sure the defense will take some pressure off, but the defense isn't going to keep him from adding to his already rather length injury list that has kept him from playing very many meaningful games the last two seasons.

You think I oversell TS? Maybe I do, but Tony Romo is one of the most overrated QB's of all freaking time.
    You mean when he played multiple years with horrible lines -while still producing- and horrible defenses? Or when he had an MVP caliber season and carried his team to the playoffs? Or when he consistently put up Pro Bowl Numbers for...oh I don't know...almost half of TS' life span? You don't think that guy can elevate the offense?

Because if he can, the defense all of a sudden can start to play against teams who don't get to just run on us all day. Which, ironically, was one of the reasons why the pass rush heavy colts teams of years past were 'competitive'. Romo was a top ten QB for a long time. I'll take a gamble on a top ten QB with this defense.

Again, your logic is that TR doesn't make us a SB contender, and you're not saying that TS does, either. So what exactly is the point of trotting him out there? We're playing for a WC spot?

My family is from Texas, all lifelong Cowboy fans, many were tired of Romo a few season ago and never expected him to get them to the SB. My friends at work feel the same. Great guy....just wasn't ever going to get it done for them.

Regardless of what anyone may think, Romo doesn't instantly make Denver SB contenders. Heck, even if Denver got Romo, I would still say KC and Oakland have a better chance of winning the division and a WC....and that's just to get in the playoffs. Denver has substantial problems on o and d line and at ILB. While not as substantial, they still have no threat at TE, no slot WR, and injury prone RB core.

We would all be better served to expect this as a transition season vs playoff aspirations.

13. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

he makes Denver a contender until week 3 when he breaks his back and has to be ambulanced off the field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

He breaks a bone every time he get hit.

Also, we need to see what we have in Lynch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He breaks a bone every time he get hit.

Also, we need to see what we have in Lynch.
    Take this with a grain of salt, I listen to the local sports radio talk guys (mostly on Altitude) and most seem to feel that Lynch is going to need another season before being ready. They aren't saying that he is a bust, just that he needs more time, based off of their discussion with players/coaches/etc.

It would be nice if he came in and surprised some people when camp starts though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt, I listen to the local sports radio talk guys (mostly on Altitude) and most seem to feel that Lynch is going to need another season before being ready. They aren't saying that he is a bust, just that he needs more time, based off of their discussion with players/coaches/etc.

It would be nice if he came in and surprised some people when camp starts though.
    Yeah, I have heard the same things.

He has to get experience somehow and if we are not willing to live with his mistakes while he learns on the job, then we shouldn't have drafted him in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information