Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Romo Will Come To Denver

I just want to know that our starting QB has talent and ability. I'm bracing myself for the fact that Lynch won't win the job -and that will make me sad because beating TS for a starting job is something almost every starting QB in the league could do- and we will be stuck with a high floor low ceiling player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Why do you disagree?

For example, had they not wanted change, they could have not lost 5 of their last 8 games.
    Everyone is a professional. Using that word to try and prop up professional athletes as being superior doesn't do it for me. They are people. Most of them are younger than most other professions. It's ridiculous to assume their workplace wouldn't have many of the same issues. They aren't some mentally superior breed of people.

OH yeah, Simpson should be banned if the Broncos sign Romo.
    Why? I'd hit it.

4. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I just want to know that our starting QB has talent and ability. I'm bracing myself for the fact that Lynch won't win the job -and that will make me sad because beating TS for a starting job is something almost every starting QB in the league could do- and we will be stuck with a high floor low ceiling player.
    That's what you get with QB's shitty college offenses. It cracks me up that people are already worried that Lynch and Goff are busts, what they're being asked to do is incredibly hard. It's almost like going from a high school offense to the NFL, and in Lynch's case it sounds like it's exactly like going from a high school offense to an NFL offense.

Dak Prescott is the outlier.

I'd rather Lynch sit until he's got the huddle/verbiage down than end up like Blain Gabbert or 100 other QB's alike.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Everyone is a professional. Using that word to try and prop up professional athletes as being superior doesn't do it for me. They are people. Most of them are younger than most other professions. It's ridiculous to assume their workplace wouldn't have many of the same issues. They aren't some mentally superior breed of people.
    True, they are not a mentally superior breed of people. But this isn't a corporate job. When you lose 5 of your last 8 games and miss the playoffs, naturally I think people should expect change. Since we're trying to compare this to a corporate 9-5 job, if your company had negative revenues in the last half of the year, I think it would be natural to expect some changes in the coming year. A new CEO or CFO would be a natural starting spot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Why? I'd hit it.
    Oh I'd smack it up, flip it, rub it down.

Ask Cugel.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Why is Siemian's 'ceiling' low? Doesn't the concept of 'ceiling' require significant NFL experience to measure? What do you measure that predicts a low ceiling with such confidence that you are putting it out there like fact?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    True, they are not a mentally superior breed of people. But this isn't a corporate job. When you lose 5 of your last 8 games and miss the playoffs, naturally I think people should expect change. Since we're trying to compare this to a corporate 9-5 job, if your company had negative revenues in the last half of the year, I think it would be natural to expect some changes in the coming year. A new CEO or CFO would be a natural starting spot.
    I really don't care about the nitpicking specifics of your reasons. I don't care who you want as quarterback. Im saying that players can perceive certain messages from what the FO does. If an organization is going with younger talent and a brighter future rather than a win now approach, what message does that send to a 35 year old player? Should he stick around or should he hope to get traded to a contender? Maybe I misread your message. I don't know.

Oh I'd smack it up, flip it, rub it down.

Ask Cugel.
    I'm afraid he might show up if I ask him anything.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Why is Siemian's 'ceiling' low? Doesn't the concept of 'ceiling' require significant NFL experience to measure? What do you measure that predicts a low ceiling with such confidence that you are putting it out there like fact?
    I say nothing any more confidently than anyone else. But if you want an explanation, I'm going off of the various scouting reports I've read, plus what I've seen of him as a player -including games and tape breakdown- and my general opinion. If that is something that frustrates you, or you take issue with, I'm sorry. It's your ability to do things on the field. Kubiak was a QB and a very smart one. He ended his career with more INTs than TD's thrown. Harbaugh, the one from Stanford, is a brilliant HC. He was a lousy QB. There aren't too many guys out there who turned into a great QB with low physical ability. There are also guys with plenty of physical ability who busted as a player. Even the ones who tried hard. Joey Harrington was a pretty good talent, a smart guy, and he was a shitty QB.

Chad Pennington was a bad talent, a smart guy, and he turned out into a slightly above average QB. Almost every HoF QB was a big talent. Most pro bowl QB's are big talents. All-Pros are almost always big talents. I don't want a limited QB playing quarterback in Denver. Ergo, I don't really want TS. If he wins the job, so be it.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I really don't care about the nitpicking specifics of your reasons. I don't care who you want as quarterback. Im saying that players can perceive certain messages from what the FO does. If an organization is going with younger talent and a brighter future rather than a win now approach, what message does that send to a 35 year old player? Should he stick around or should he hope to get traded to a contender? Maybe I misread your message. I don't know.
    I guess I don't understand what you're trying to get at. My point was that whatever organizational direction John Elway wants to take the Broncos is the direction he decides to take the Broncos and he shouldn't not go that direction because he feels like it might hurt someone's feelers.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

There aren't too many guys out there who turned into a great QB with low physical ability.
    How do you measure this? I was just watching some TS high school ball, and his accuracy was surprisingly impressive. As a first year HS football player.

I'm not frustrated or anything by the way. At all. No axe to grind, bone to pick, etc. This is outside of my control and I have no reason to be hugely invested. But I do enjoy seeking reason. Explain how you measure low physical talent.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    How do you measure this? I was just watching some TS high school ball, and his accuracy was surprisingly impressive. As a first year HS football player.

I'm not frustrated or anything by the way. At all. No axe to grind, bone to pick, etc. This is outside of my control and I have no reason to be hugely invested. But I do enjoy seeking reason. Explain how you measure low physical talent.
    I read as many different scouting reports as I can and watch the guy play in the NFL. I wish it was a science.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I read as many different scouting reports as I can and watch the guy play in the NFL. I wish it was a science.
    I don't see proof one way or the other, as much as I wish I did. This is why I have no problem with your dismissal or whatever you want to call it of him, but still allow a possibility that he could improve and continue on the statistical trajectory he has established to now that seems at least capable of more.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Joey Harrington, there's another talented QB that came from a shit college scheme, iirc.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information