Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Romo Will Come To Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck Retweeted
    Clarence Hill Jr‏Verified account @clarencehilljr 34m

@HelmanDC and again, it was the Cowboys who told Romo it was going to happen today. That was not made up news. Also why he did video

Clarence Hill Jr‏Verified account @clarencehilljr 42m

If it's about the do-right rule, there comes a point to do right by Romo and not let this thing linger. When is that point?

Clarence Hill Jr‏Verified account @clarencehilljr 43m

It appears the Cowboys are playing a game of chicken with Houston and Denver. Who is going to blink first. How long does he make Romo wait

Clarence Hill Jr‏Verified account @clarencehilljr 2h

Tony Romo has said his good byes. So this wait is on the Cowboys. They are trying to get blood out of a turnip as the old folks used to say

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    NFLN reporting that the Broncos are still saying they are comfortable with their QB's and are not worried about Romo. Take that for what its worth.
    Probably just a tactic to get Dallas to cut him. They don't want to get in a bidding war with Houston that involves trading something.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Romo wont even make it out of preseason with current tackles. Sambraillo Stephenson and Schofield.

The 3 S's. Shitty, Stupid, and Sucks.

6. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Romo wont even make it out of preseason with current tackles. Sambraillo Stephenson and Schofield.

The 3 S's. Shitty, Stupid, and Sucks.
    Ok this made me chuckle.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I don't want to see Romo as a Bronco. I guess that makes me a Romophobe.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Well, doesn't look like Romo is coming here. With the Texans shipping Osweiler to Cleveland when Jerry Jones finally gives up on trying to extort draft picks from the Texans and Broncos, and releases Romo, the F****** Texans owner, the Syphilitic cripple Bob McNair will go all out to land Romo.

Just look at how badly the Texans are screwed now if they don't land Romo. In order to unload Osweiler's $16 M guaranteed contract, they sent the Browns a 6th round pick in 2017 + a SECOND round pick in 2018. What do the Browns give up? Nothing. They just agree to take Osweiler off the Texans hands and take on his contract. So, he's back to being a FA.

Why would the Texans do this insanity? A 6th and a second round pick just to unload a guy's contract?

The ONLY reason they did this was to have the cap space ($16) so the F****** can do to the Broncos exactly what they did in out-bidding them for Brock Osweiler - just keep raising the price they will pay Romo until the Broncos can't match it. Remember that Denver wants to offer Romo $12M or so, with some of the same kind of incentives they gave Manning (Manning got $20 M due to making his SB incentives, etc.).

So, if Denver is offering $12M + incentives, and Houston guarantees two years at $16M + incentives that will take him up to $20M per year on a two year guaranteed contract? Where do you think Romo is going to land? It's Houston in a landslide.

They are ALL IN to the extent they gave up draft picks to free up cap space to make a monster offer. I can't believe they did that - it's insane mortgaging their future like that, a second round pick is A LOT to give up.

But, there's ZERO doubt about their intent. They mean to get Romo by hook or crook. Their syphilitic owner is all salty because, having smugly beaten out the Broncos to land Osweiler to that $37 M guaranteed contract, saw it all explode in his face. Osweiler sucked and feuded with Bill O'Brien, so they were desperate to ship him out.

Now he's trying to double down by stealing Romo away from the Broncos, and in the process get back at the Broncos over the Osweiler fiasco (which was his own fault of course).

Broncos should just be done with it and trade a late draft pick for Romo then they would own his rights. Jerry doesn't want Romo to go to Houston and win there. That would be a colossal embarrassment.

Then, Denver can look at other trades to get a LT/RT. I think Elway is going to trade for one ONLY if we get Romo. If we just roll with Trevor and Lynch then I don't think we will be as aggressive.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

13. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

The thing I can't believe is that Jerry Jones is going to let Tony Romo go to the Texans.

They are rivals. Jerry Jones views Texas as his domain. The first time the Texans beat the Cowboys Jerry cried in public. The Texans winning a SB with your long-time QB? Insufferable. It would be like letting John Elway go in his final season only to see him land with the Raiders - who then win the SB with Elway. How much would we have HATED that? Not as much Pat Bowlen. (Yes I know that Romo is no Elway, but he's their long-term QB)

That's how Jerry Jones feels about Romo going to the Texans and possibly taking them to the promised land, after he failed to do that with Dallas all these years. It's like dumping your long-term girlfriend the day before she wins the $100M lotto!

I think if I were Jerry, I wouldn't let Romo go at all now that it's obvious he's going to wind up in Houston. He could use the extra money, and you don't really want the locker room division of having Romo around, but if it means keeping Romo out of Houston? He already has budgeted Romo's salary under the cap. He could do it financially. They can afford to say "screw it - while I want to do right by Tony, I just can't give him up now." Romo would be peeved, but so what?
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-09-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Broncos should just be done with it and trade a late draft pick for Romo then they would own his rights. Jerry doesn't want Romo to go to Houston and win there. That would be a colossal embarrassment.

Then, Denver can look at other trades to get a LT/RT. I think Elway is going to trade for one ONLY if we get Romo. If we just roll with Trevor and Lynch then I don't think we will be as aggressive.
    I would love to see Denver make a Romo trade that included David Irving. Dallas can save face by getting something in return and the Broncos could kill two birds by landing a starting 3-4 DE with some pass rush juice.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

Denver should trade NOTHING. If he gets cut and wants to come here, I all for it. If not, oh well. He's good, but he is a Justin Houston sack away from holding a clipboard the rest of the season.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I can't believe they did that - it's insane mortgaging their future like that, a second round pick is A LOT to give up.
    Here's where you're wrong, Cugel. The Texans are *terrible* Day 2 drafters. Here are their second-rounders since 2010:

2010: Ben Tate, RB
    2011: Brooks Reed, LB
    Brandon Harris, DB
    2012: (no choice but third rounder was DeVier Posey, WR). Denver took Brock Osweiler in the second that year.
    2013: D.J. Swearinger, DB (y'all remember this guy, right?)
    2014: Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG
    2015: Bernardrick McKinney, LB
    2016: Nick Martin, C (spent all year on IR)

So maybe that 2018 second-rounder isn't as great a sacrifice as it might seem
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

McKinney has been a good player for them. And Swearinger was dirty, but not a terrible player.

Cug's needs to ease up on drinking bong water before posting, because, damn.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Denver should trade NOTHING. If he gets cut and wants to come here, I all for it. If not, oh well. He's good, but he is a Justin Houston sack away from holding a clipboard the rest of the season.
    Agreed. I wouldn't mind seeing Romo here but he is not worth getting in a bid war for. As much as I would love to see Houston flounder without a true starting QB, I still care more about the Broncos. I'd rather have the draft picks and cap space. Romo is worth a decent salary with incentives, not mortgaging the future.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Is Houston or Denver even attempting to trade for Romo at this point? Jerruh thought he had some leverage in this situation, but it seems like both teams are more than happy to wait it out.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information