Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: John Elway Reboots Again

Default John Elway Reboots Again

http://predominantlyorange.com/2017/...broncos-hurry/

Saw this over on Orange Mane. Interesting read.

The Beginning Of The End

The next week was a short week which Kubiak would miss while resting up after his health scare. According to a recent report from Mile High Huddle, Elway pushed hard for Paxton Lynch to start that game against the Chargers. Instead, an extremely limited Siemian struggled badly and the Broncos lost their second game in a row. This lead to a season long power struggle between Elway and Kubiak. Elway wanted his quarterback in the game as often as possible, and Kubiak wanted to play his guy Trevor Siemian. Kubiak also quickly reverted back to handling the play calling despite Elway’s wishes.

The rest is history as the Broncos limped to the finish line, finishing 9-7 and missing the playoffs for the first time in Elway’s tenure. Knowing big changes were coming to his staff, and knowing that Elway was going to bring in a legitimate offensive coordinator, Kubiak stepped down as head coach just a day after the final game of the season. News broke of this the morning of the game against the Raiders. For the week leading up to the Raiders game, Kubiak had been steadfast in his plan to play both Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch in the meaningless game. This never happened as Trevor Siemian finished out the game, perhaps his last start as a Bronco barring injury. This didn’t sit well with Elway.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Interesting read, but there aren't any sources to his speculation. Mile High Huddle has no sources either (the link in the Kriz article mentions nothing about Elway wanting Lynch to start). As far as I can tell, this line:

This lead to a season long power struggle between Elway and Kubiak.
    is fabricated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Interesting read, but there aren't any sources to his speculation. Mile High Huddle has no sources either (the link in the Kriz article mentions nothing about Elway wanting Lynch to start). As far as I can tell, this line:

is fabricated.
    This is a fine example of how sloppy and irresponsible journalism has become in many respects.

6. The Following 9 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Did Cugel write that?

[ ] Article was interesting
    [X] Article excessively fellates JMFE

8. The Following 10 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Did Cugel write that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

This lead to a season long power struggle between Elway and Kubiak.

is fabricated.
    Just because YOU are ignorant of what was going on behind the scenes doesn't mean everybody else in the world is equally clueless.

Everything in that article is exactly what multiple inside sources have been leaking for weeks now. All of Kubiak's offensive coaches, starting with OC Rick Dennison are gone, and on their way out of town they have been talking candidly with friends and friendly reporters they have a relationship with, and telling them the inside story.

Of course there are no "quoted sources." Do you expect NFL coaches to start a public feud with John Elway? You do that once and the next GM or Owner thinking of hiring you might just think twice. "If it doesn't work out here, and I have to get rid of this guy in a couple of years, will he and his assistants be publicly bad mouthing me as they exit the door? If they did it to John Elway they could do it here. I don't like guys who are disloyal to the guy who hired them and trash talk about their employer. So, I won't hire that guy. "

Like in government and business in general, they leak. "Anonymous sources close to the Broncos" means former OC Rick Dennison and his assistants that Elway fired. Troy Renk, Cecil Lammey and other Broncos insiders have been reporting the same exact story for the last week.

This is not something wildly new, even if it seems new to YOU because you haven't been listening to talk radio closely.

From their point of view Elway undermined Gary, and tried to interfere with his coaching decisions, which contributed to the stress he was under, which led him to resign at the end of the season rather than fire a bunch of his offensive coaches. They blame Elway, not themselves and not Gary, for Gary's leaving and the failure of the season.

Well, Gary insisted on doing things his way, and his way failed in 2016. The offense was horrible, and the team failed to make the playoffs for the first time in 7 seasons.

Does anybody seriously dispute that Rick Dennison and OL coach Clancey Barone for instance desperately needed to be fired? Kubiak was too loyal to his coaches. Those guys needed to leave town immediately.

It wasn't just a blind purge either: They didn't fire Eric Studesville, RB coach, or Luke Richesson - Strength and Conditioning coach.

They fired the assistants who decided along with Kubiak not to start Paxton Lynch in the Raiders game, despite the fact that it was a meaningless game after the Broncos had been eliminated. Instead, in defiance of Elway, Kubiak and his coaches played an injured Siemian the entire game - even after the Broncos were leading 24-0.

"That did not sit well with Elway" indeed. And there's no reason why it should. What difference does "we wanted to win the game" make when you're already eliminated? It's all about the next season at that point and evaluating who they are going to keep and who they are going to let go.
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-21-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    This is a fine example of how sloppy and irresponsible journalism has become in many respects.
    So sorry reality isn't the rosy red picture it looks from the outside. There were conflicts between the coaching staff and management. This wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last. Just because you can't figure this stuff out or arent' paying attention doesn't mean it isn't true.

Lots of insiders are saying exactly the same thing: Big Al and Brandon Stokely are two more for instance.

Just listen to the damn radio podcast and you'll hear hours of discussions of all these topics. Everything in that article is simply taken for granted as true by now.

Do try and catch up. Here's the link to the Fan Podcasts. Pick almost any one and they are talking ad nauseam about it.
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-21-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Just because YOU are ignorant of what was going on behind the scenes doesn't mean everybody else in the world is equally clueless.

Everything in that article is exactly what multiple inside sources have been leaking for weeks now. All of Kubiak's offensive coaches, starting with OC Rick Dennison are gone, and on their way out of town they have been talking candidly with friends and friendly reporters they have a relationship with, and telling them the inside story.

Of course there are no "quoted sources." Do you expect NFL coaches to start a public feud with John Elway? You do that once and the next GM or Owner thinking of hiring you might just think twice. "If it doesn't work out here, and I have to get rid of this guy in a couple of years, will he and his assistants be publicly bad mouthing me as they exit the door? If they did it to John Elway they could do it here. I don't like guys who are disloyal to the guy who hired them and trash talk about their employer. So, I won't hire that guy. "

Like in government and business in general, they leak. "Anonymous sources close to the Broncos" means former OC Rick Dennison and his assistants that Elway fired. Troy Renk, Cecil Lammey and other Broncos insiders have been reporting the same exact story for the last week.

This is not something wildly new, even if it seems new to YOU because you haven't been listening to talk radio closely.

From their point of view Elway undermined Gary, and tried to interfere with his coaching decisions, which contributed to the stress he was under, which led him to resign at the end of the season rather than fire a bunch of his offensive coaches. They blame Elway, not themselves and not Gary, for Gary's leaving and the failure of the season.

Well, Gary insisted on doing things his way, and his way failed in 2016. The offense was horrible, and the team failed to make the playoffs for the first time in 7 seasons.

Does anybody seriously dispute that Rick Dennison and OL coach Clancey Barone for instance desperately needed to be fired? Kubiak was too loyal to his coaches. Those guys needed to leave town immediately.

It wasn't just a blind purge either: They didn't fire Eric Studesville, RB coach, or Luke Richesson - Strength and Conditioning coach.

They fired the assistants who decided along with Kubiak not to start Paxton Lynch in the Raiders game, despite the fact that it was a meaningless game after the Broncos had been eliminated. Instead, in defiance of Elway, Kubiak and his coaches played an injured Siemian the entire game - even after the Broncos were leading 24-0.

"That did not sit well with Elway" indeed. And there's no reason why it should. What difference does "we wanted to win the game" make when you're already eliminated? It's all about the next season at that point and evaluating who they are going to keep and who they are going to let go.
    You are credulous.

There was no reporting in Mile High Huddle regarding a power struggle between Elway and Kubiak. The Kriz article cites Mile High Huddle as its source for this fictional friction. Outside of pointing to MHH (which has no substance germane to his point), Kriz uses one independent "source" in his entire article, and it's only tangentially related to the idea of a "season long power struggle."

I'm not sure why you are attacking me instead of defending Kriz's journalism. If you want to refute my claim that Kriz's line about a season long power struggle is fabricated, explain how Kriz presented evidence that supports such a statement--show that Kriz didn't fabricate it.

This particular example goes beyond the issue of anonymous sources, although I reserve the right to be skeptical of any anonymous source. If you are using anonymous sources, you need to first develop a reputation for accuracy because the reporter is essentially the source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Did Cugel write that?

Post of the year candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

15. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

So sorry reality isn't the rosy red picture it looks from the outside. There were conflicts between the coaching staff and management. This wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last. Just because you can't figure this stuff out or arent' paying attention doesn't mean it isn't true.

Lots of insiders are saying exactly the same thing: Big Al and Brandon Stokely are two more for instance.

Just listen to the damn radio podcast and you'll hear hours of discussions of all these topics. Everything in that article is simply taken for granted as true by now.

Do try and catch up. Here's the link to the Fan Podcasts. Pick almost any one and they are talking ad nauseam about it.
    Insulting my intelligence because I don't like an article you posted is unnecessary.

My opinion differs from you. That doesn't mean you need to result to condescending insults. That happens too much as of late here.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

J

Of course there are no "quoted sources.
    Should of stopped there because that was exactly what he was talking about.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Insulting my intelligence because I don't like an article you posted is unnecessary.

My opinion differs from you. That doesn't mean you need to result to condescending insults. That happens too much as of late here.
    you just need to listen to more talk radio so you can be a savvy broncos insider like cug. . .

20. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

what will he do now?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

"Another rumor is floating around that Phillip Rivers has privately requested a trade after the team announced they were moving to L.A. Supposedly, Rivers would like to be reunited with McCoy in Denver."

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information