Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Should The Broncos Trade For Philip Rivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yet another reminder of all the folks who excused half a decade of awful lines because all our cash and high picks went on D and "the cap prevents a roster full of All Pros." Top linemen are unobtainable if you spend $10M/yr on a HoF DE, but easy to get if you spend TWICE that on a HoF QB. Meanwhile, I said:

1) Manning had 2 or MAYBE 3 years before he'd retire or we'd all wish he had; by the middle of year 3 he was limping and there were loud cries for Oz: Check

2) Our crappy line couldn't keep an aging pocket QB upright; by the middle of year 2 he was finishing seasons with BOTH ankles taped: Check

3) If he retired with no more Rings this place'd meltdown; thank God, Kubiak and Wade he didn't, yet it STILL melted down during and even AFTERWARD: Check.

Oh, and we can also throw in my observation in the wake of SB XLVIII that we should fire Fox and his staff and replace them with Kubiak, Wade and Dennison; you'd never know to read these boards, but that worked out pretty freaking well, even if Elway waited an extra year to do it.

I wasn't a broken clock on our offensive line: It's been garbage a long time, even in 2013, when people said I was crazy to claim Mannings pre-snap reads and quick release were the only thing keeping our sack totals at the same level he had in Indy—by the end of 2014 EVERYONE was saying that.

I don't pretend to be right about everything, but I was DEAD right about ALL of that, whether anyone wants to admit it or not.
    1. He got injured not because of his neck. You kept saying it would be the neck. You certainly didn't think he would be able to get a SB in such a state. Being right...eh...half points.

2. You also said it wold prevent us from winning....ergo the 'don't sign Manning sign these offensive lineman'....being right...eh...half points.

3. Zero points. He retired with rings. Kubiak didn't do help the offense do anything and it was the entire defense that carried the team. Manning came back from the injury and while he was limited, he kept defenses honest, and that was just enough to make it happen. So no...you can't get anything here, Joelio Jones.

4. I told the board after he was hired that Fox was shit. Let's give the real props right here where the belong! I even told the board that Kubiak wasn't an offensive guru who was going to make the offense great. Double style points, bb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You're friendly reminder that Joel wanted Denver to sign LaRon Landry instead of Peyton Manning.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    2. You also said it wold prevent us from winning....ergo the 'don't sign Manning sign these offensive lineman'....being right...eh...half points.

You do have a massive point there. I remember a discussion i had with Joel when we first got Manning and Joel was pissed because he wanted us to stay with Tebow at the time.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You do have a massive point there. I remember a discussion i had with Joel when we first got Manning and Joel was pissed because he wanted us to stay with Tebow at the time.
    People that wanted to keep Tebow over Manning undoubtedly voted for Trump.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

7. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    People that wanted to keep Tebow over Manning undoubtedly voted for Trump.
    You may be on to something there. lol

Joelio Jones did not vote for Trump....
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lots of fans wanted that. As Dwight Eisenhower once said: "their numbers are not negligible and they are stupid."

"Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    People that wanted to keep Tebow over Manning undoubtedly voted for Trump."

That's not actually the correlation: The people who wanted to keep Tebow over Manning were lots of Fundies. They loved Tebow for religious reasons. That infuriated me because it was dragging irrelevancies like religion or politics into FOOTBALL!

It's just that that crowd happens to be very conservative Republicans and Tea-baggers too, so they vote Trump as well.
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-27-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

anyone who brings up tebow is trolling - Cugel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    anyone who brings up tebow is trolling - Cugel
    Nice try Troll!

But I was NOT the one who introduced an irrelevancy like Tebow into the conversation. You did that. I merely responded to that comment.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You're friendly reminder that Joel wanted Denver to sign LaRon Landry instead of Peyton Manning.
    Landry, Asamoah and Schwartz. All 3 out of the league before Manning's first Denver SB. Another one, Saints G (forget his name) never played another down in the NFL.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I notice how worried Joel is about Talib playing a speed position but has no issue with Harris. I like to give Harris shit for his speed because he's not fast, Talib will probably retire faster than Harris was as a rookie.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

I notice how worried Joel is about Talib playing a speed position but has no issue with Harris. I like to give Harris shit for his speed because he's not fast, Talib will probably retire faster than Harris was as a rookie.
    Harris has nightmares of being chased by Flacco.
    Can't.get.away.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Talib runs stride for stride with almost every WR in the game.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Landry, Asamoah and Schwartz. All 3 out of the league before Manning's first Denver SB. Another one, Saints G (forget his name) never played another down in the NFL.
    All four of those guys with less production in any one of Manning's year sans his last one. Manning the style god styled. If we built up the line and didn't build the godly defense I think we don't even make a SB, let alone win one. It's better to be an all-time dominant at one thing that just above average at two things.

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Kreckman was talking about this today, the difference between Talid and Eric Berry.

Both came back from huge setbacks to have All-Pro seasons, differences; Berry came back from cancer, great story. My Man came back from shooting himself in the ass.

I ****ing my Dude.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information