Thread: Good news Shakester

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Good news Shakester

Pumpkins to reunite with original lineup!

http://www.q107.com/2017/01/13/smash...?sc_ref=direct

After a year of rumours, it appears the long-awaited reunion of The Smashing Pumpkins’ original lineup is happening.Earlier this week, Billy Corgan told the morning show on WLUP in Chicago that guitarist James Iha was good to go.
    “I just talked to [James Iha] the other day, things look good for us getting together to play,” said the Pumpkins’ frontman.

Corgan added that “there’s a willingness for us to play, but… the world has changed a lot since we didn’t play. The reunion thing is always a bit weird, because then people come in with their expectations. So my whole thing is if we’re going to do it, I think we do it to make people happy, and not go against the tide of what people would want to hear and that type of stuff, but my interest in it is sort of limited.”

So perhaps any reunion would be short-lived.

Rumours of Billy Corgan, James Iha, D’arcy Wretzky, and Jimmy Chamberlain playing together again have swirled ever since last January when Corgan expressed a desire to make peace with his former bandmates. Then in March of last year, Corgan and Iha performed together — first in Los Angeles, then again in Chicago.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

this rarely works.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    this rarely works.
    They don't need to make new music, just tour their old albums

5. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I loved the Pumpkins back in the day - but I don't have much patience for egomaniac musicians as I get older.

This could apply to any hundreds of bands who have broken up prematurely over the years - but especially those who achieved some meaningful level of success and following: Like, none of you have been as successful in your personal careers, you have a throng of interested fans - get over your ego.

Easy for me to say, obviously... But his quote "my interest in it is sort of limited" just rubs me the wrong way.

7. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I wish I could say those words in response to that request, to play rock music for hundreds of thousands of ticket paying fans. "I dunno..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Would be ideal if they are playing red rocks next time I'm over

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

These things are usually best as one-off concerts.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information