Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Wade Phillips to the Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I think their point is that the Broncos will have enough to pay the players, but outside of that the cash flow, for whatever reason, is not strong enough to pay a lot of coaches top dollar?

Why are we cash strapped?
    We're not: If we can come up with $160M/yr—from strictly prescribed (and frequently proscribed) sources on equally strict timetables—we can come up with $4-5M/yr to pay the guy who makes them all work: IF we WANT to do so. We chose a different path. That's fine, but own it, don't BS it.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

I just asked a question, Joelio. Actually...

You will now be known as Joelio Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Why are we cash strapped?
    i have a hard time believing we are. . . this franchise has sold out every damn game ever played at our barn. . . we frequently play extra games (post-season), including multiple deep playoff runs in recent years. . . we also just got the boost in merchandise sales that comes with a championship. . . the organization being cash-strapped doesn't pass the smell test for me in any way, shape or form. . . if we are, some shady bullshit is happening somewhere-- joe ellis got some 'splainin' to do. . . this franchise should be among the more profitable in the league. . .

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i have a hard time believing we are. . . this franchise has sold out every damn game ever played at our barn. . . we frequently play extra games (post-season), including multiple deep playoff runs in recent years. . . we also just got the boost in merchandise sales that comes with a championship. . . the organization being cash-strapped doesn't pass the smell test for me in any way, shape or form. . . if we are, some shady bullshit is happening somewhere-- joe ellis got some 'splainin' to do. . . this franchise should be among the more profitable in the league. . .
    Yeah...unless I saw a hard citation I struggle to find that creditable.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Are Denver really a small market team?
    Metro-Denver was 21st in population according to 2010 census: https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...ities-list.php
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Metro-Denver was 21st in population according to 2010 census: https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...ities-list.php
    that's really not accurate data anymore-- denver has experienced a significant surge in population since then. . .

(thanks a lot, california and texas!)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Medium market, but big decks.

I mean, have you seen some of these houses in Cherry Hills? OMG!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a4EDLvNl.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	10051

Mods, what's my CYP factor at this point? for future reference...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

that's really not accurate data anymore-- denver has experienced a significant surge in population since then. . .

(thanks a lot, california and texas!)
    I know that there are a lot of population change over the course of a single decade. I remember when Phoenix cracked the top 10 in 1990 & eventually made it to 5th during the decade, now we've dropped all the way down to 14th. However, this is the most current stats I could find.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Default Not that I (even slightly) disagree, but:

Any recent boost in our merchandise sales affected our bottom line little, since revenue-sharing equally splits that with the other 31 teamsBUT that also means even when we were 4-12 pariahs who fired McDumbass for bringing the Cheatriot Way to Denver we made just as much off the SB Champs merchandise as they did. Media market size is equally irrelevant for the same reason: NFL broadcasts earn Green Bay (metro pop. 312,409) just as much as New York (metro pop. 20,182,305.)

That's why it's so absurd to suggest even DOUBLING Wades salary (which the internet says was $3M/yr) would even dent our annual windfall. The point about us selling out every home game for DECADES is valid though, because stadium revenue's the one thing each team DOES get to keep to itself (or at least split with each weeks visiting team, but the hosts get the lions share.)
    Last edited by Joel; 01-18-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I know that there are a lot of population change over the course of a single decade. I remember when Phoenix cracked the top 10 in 1990 & eventually made it to 5th during the decade, now we've dropped all the way down to 14th. However, this is the most current stats I could find.
    How have things been since the Housing Bubble out there?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Any recent boost in our merchandise sales didn't affect our bottom line much, because revenue-sharing equally splits that with the other 31 teamsBUT that also means even when we were 4-12 pariahs who fired McDumbass for bringing the Cheatriot Way to Denver we made just as much off the SB Champs merchandise as they did. That's why it's so absurd to suggest even DOUBLING Wades salary (which the internet says was $3M/yr) would even dent our annual windfall.

The point about us selling out every home game for DECADES is valid though, because stadium revenue's the one thing each team DOES get to keep to itself (or at least split with each weeks visiting team, but the hosts get the lions share.)
    Good post, thanks. /no sarc

Yeah...unless I saw a hard citation I struggle to find that creditable.
    I've seen multiple articles on it in the past...Issue is trying to search for them now is just bringing up "sallarygate" articles as the patsy fans love to call it...

And regardless of "are we or aren't we" cash strapped. Wade was free to make his own choices. You don't know what we did or did not truly offer. I find it pretty likely that wade had this LA job in mind from the beginning (especially since his daughter lives there and his son is being brought on the staff as well)

We can debate the why all we want but end of the day, we've got a solid choice for DC, Wade is nearer to his family and what is done is done. So we all need to just quit bloviating about it.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Interesting Twitter exchange today:

Charlie Campbell ‏@DraftCampbell 43m43 minutes ago

Sources say that Wade Phillips caused a divide in #Broncos locker room. Had similar issues in Houston.

The Los Angeles Rams' hire of Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator was met with a lot of acclaim. That was understandable, as Phillips' defense led the Broncos to a Super Bowl victory a year ago. Many criticized the Broncos for allowing Phillips to leave with the transition to Vance Joseph. Sources with the Broncos, however, say that Phillips divided the locker room and pitted the defense against the offense. The divided locker room was toxic at the end of the season, and that was why the Broncos felt they would be better off to have Phillips depart. Sources in Houston say that Phillips stirred up some similar problems in the Texans' locker room during the 2013 season, but not to the same extent as in Denver last season.
    http://mail.walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2017rumors.php

Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum 13m13 minutes ago

@DraftCampbell your sources about me and dividing the team are an out and out lie--I resent u saying that -ask any off coach or player.

Chris Harris ‏@ChrisHarrisJr 6m6 minutes ago

@sonofbum @CameronWolfe @DraftCampbell lol extremely false

The only coach who divided the locker room was Kubiak and his bad offense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#hottake
    #style

I would need to see something much more substantive than this to believe WP divided the locker room.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information