Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: OC McCoy

He is the worst. Saw it coming miles and years away. No one listened. We finally learned our lesson. The chargers learned theirs. The cards will soon learn theirs. People had such low opinions of tebow that they thought because we won it was mccoy calling run plays over and over was genius. Or the OT play against the steel was genuis when I was saying in the first quarter we should do that. He is bad. He is bob slowick bad......Ok, he is not as bad as Bob slowick, but he is bad. Very very bad Mr. King.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    He sucks so so badly. Just the worst. So glad he is gone.
    I remember people being excited when we brought him back last year...Like, seriously? Do you not remember how bad we all hated him before he left the last time? Are your memories that short? It amazed me how no one outside of maybe you and I actually hated him coming back.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I remember people being excited when we brought him back last year...Like, seriously? Do you not remember how bad we all hated him before he left the last time? Are your memories that short? It amazed me how no one outside of maybe you and I actually hated him coming back.
    So are you saying Tebow could have been good with a different OC?

5. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    He is the worst. Saw it coming miles and years away. No one listened. We finally learned our lesson. The chargers learned theirs. The cards will soon learn theirs. People had such low opinions of tebow that they thought because we won it was mccoy calling run plays over and over was genius. Or the OT play against the steel was genuis when I was saying in the first quarter we should do that. He is bad. He is bob slowick bad......Ok, he is not as bad as Bob slowick, but he is bad. Very very bad Mr. King.
    Oh, there is no denying that! McCoy is the worst. So, verrry, verrrrrrrrry bad!

Last year they had two wildly inexperienced and incredibly shaky and marginally capable QBs. To get through a season with Trevor Siemian, and Paxton Lynch.

Then top it off with Brock Osweiler, who was so bad once he got his chance at a starting role that they hate him wildly to this day in Houston.

So, with that trio of QBs, and a shaky offensive line, the only logical thing to do would be to run the ball as well as they could, and get the ball out of Siemians' hands as quickly as possible - absolutely within 2.5 seconds, perferrably within 2 seconds at the latest.

Because that 2.0 seconds was absolutely the most time that crapp-tastic OL could block an ordinary DL. But, the Broncos played 6 divisional games against Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram, Kalil Mack and Justin Houston, so it was actually less than 2.0 seconds much of the time.

And what did Captain Genius call in that highly questionable situation? He called a series of 5 step and 7 step drops and shot-gun. He called pass plays like he still had Phillip Rivers, a 15 year veteran QB who handles pressure and gets rid of the ball vastly better than Trevor Siemian, or Osweiler.

He was auditioning for a new head coaching job is exactly what he was doing. And he knew that he could never hope to secure said head coaching job if he simply ran the kind of dink-and-dunk, and run the ball more offense his QBs were capable of.

He needed to do something more spectacular to draw NFL GM's attention. It might not work, but it was his only shot to impress other GMs.

Idiot!

He was so bad and so intransigent and refused game after game to change anything.

Elway would go to Joseph and say "what are you doing? Our QBs are getting killed out there! What the hell are you calling those 5 and 7 step drops out there for? We need to run the ball more! Take shorter drops and get the ball out of Siemians' hands faster!"

And all Joseph could do was shrug and say "this is what Mike wants to run. I'll go have a talk with him."

And Joseph would go talk with Mike and they'd hash it out and reach agreement, but then when the game-time came around, somehow nothing had changed.

It got so bad that they had to completely Fire McCoy in mid-season and Elway was so disgusted with Joseph's inability to control his own assistant coaches that he almost fired Joseph, before "sleeping on it" and re-considering his decision in the morning.

All because of Mike McCoy. That's how bad he was!

Its such a treat to have a coordinator like Bill Musgrave. He's likely to get a head coaching job after this season if his offense is as well run as it was in the first game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

The Cards offense crossed midfield once today - the 2nd to last play of the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    The Cards offense crossed midfield once today - the 2nd to last play of the game.
    They're still better then they were during the 3 seasons between Warner & Palmer because Bradford is at least smart enough to throw it to Fitz.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

One of Elway's biggest mistakes. I heard VJ was leading the call to hire him as well, so his bad too. McCoy is a ***** that is running a system that can only succeed with Tom Brady. I'm not positive but I believe every single Bellidick HC derivative is a loser in the win-loss column. Bellidick's system gave NE it's first few seasons of success. The league would have caught up and he would be a footnote, if it weren't for Brady...and Brady's relative unselfishness regarding pay (allowing the team to keep winners over the years). McCoy may one day have the cerebral puppet he needs in Rosen but I doubt he survives as an OC in Arizona long enough to see it. He is not an offensive coordinator; An OC would coach up every player and coach under him. He is a DB that refuses to open his mind during a game, or season, to do anything but continue on his course, which he thinks is infallible. In his world, his career has been a plague of teams that fail to live up to his greatness, as apposed to a string of teams that got ****** by their GMS and hired him. Connections and ego still rule in the NFL, so he still has a job. Even leaving behind his responsibilities as THE leader of the offense, his mortally antiquated and rigid-as-a-corpse play calling sucks. Period.

Soooooo glad he is gone and we get to win against him this year. A freebee, IMO.
    Last edited by Ground Control; 09-16-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    So are you saying Tebow could have been good with a different OC?
    I'm saying that cobbling together a college system isn't as impressive as everyone made it out to be and he was vastly, vastly overrated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Tebow beat the Steelers.

12. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    One of Elway's biggest mistakes. I heard VJ was leading the call to hire him as well, so his bad too. McCoy is a ***** that is running a system that can only succeed with Tom Brady. I'm not positive but I believe every single Bellidick HC derivative is a loser in the win-loss column. Bellidick's system gave NE it's first few seasons of success. The league would have caught up and he would be a footnote, if it weren't for Brady...and Brady's relative unselfishness regarding pay (allowing the team to keep winners over the years). McCoy may one day have the cerebral puppet he needs in Rosen but I doubt he survives as an OC in Arizona long enough to see it. He is not an offensive coordinator; An OC would coach up every player and coach under him. He is a DB that refuses to open his mind during a game, or season, to do anything but continue on his course, which he thinks is infallible. In his world, his career has been a plague of teams that fail to live up to his greatness, as apposed to a string of teams that got ****** by their GMS and hired him. Connections and ego still rule in the NFL, so he still has a job. Even leaving behind his responsibilities as THE leader of the offense, his mortally antiquated and rigid-as-a-corpse play calling sucks. Period.

Soooooo glad he is gone and we get to win against him this year. A freebee, IMO.
    Head coaches pick their assistants, not the GM (or EVPFO as it were). So, other than Elway being the guy who hired VJ, how is McCoy Elway's fault?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Tebow beat the Steelers.
    DT beat the Steelers

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Tebow beat the Steelers.
    tebow and peyton made mike mccoy

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Head coaches pick their assistants, not the GM (or EVPFO as it were). So, other than Elway being the guy who hired VJ, how is McCoy Elway's fault?
    I would say that as part of the interview process, HC candidates talk about who they want as coordinators. I’m sure Elway was aware that McCoy was a guy VJ wanted

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

this comment resonates with some of what we heard about mccoy last year when we shitcanned him. . .

[Head coach Steve Wilks] said that the team will also be scaled back in terms of the amount of plays that they have in the mix from week to week.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ccoy/#comments

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    this comment resonates with some of what we heard about mccoy last year when we shitcanned him. . .

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ccoy/#comments

I have heard lots of rumblings via message boards(could just be dumb rumors) that Bradford cant handle such extensive play calling and the McCoy is losing players confidence, by not getting DJ the ball. Thats typical dink and dunk we saw here, along with avoiding the run like the plague trying to get cute after Trevor's usually 2nd int lol. I think Bradford's YPA is like 3.8 or something right now.....ouch!
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 09-20-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information