Page 1 of 83 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Notes - 2017

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Off Season Notes - 2017

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 5m

Paradis had right hip operated on. Will have left hip done soon. Ultimate tough guy. I Have full confidence in his recovery @DenverChannel

Troy Renck Retweeted
    Matt Paradis ‏@two_dice 3h

Hey #Broncoscountry surgery went well looking forward to attacking the rehab process and getting back out there!!

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 13 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos center Matt Paradis undergoes first of two hip surgeries

Broncos center Matt Paradis underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right hip Tuesday and is doing well and recovering in Vail, his agent Brian McLaughlin told The Denver Post. In approximately three weeks, Paradis is expected to return to Vail to undergo the same procedure on his left hip.

“Hey #Broncoscountry surgery went well looking forward to attacking the rehab process and getting back out there!!” Paradis tweeted Wednesday evening.

Dr. Marc Philippon of The Steadman Clinic is performing both surgeries on Paradis.

“He believes Matt will come back as a much better athlete — more agile, more explosive and really be able to utilize his hips going forward,” McLaughlin said. “He really thought it was amazing that Matt had the type of year he had. He knew Matt was a good player, but I don’t think he knew fully the kind of season he had with his hips in those conditions.”

McLaughlin said Paradis’ recovery will be lengthy, but that he’s expected to stay in Colorado for the duration and is aiming for a full return by the start of the regular season.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/11...s-hip-surgery/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 2m2 minutes ago

Broncos signed WR Mekale McKay (@1_McKay_2) to a futures contract

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Paradis is a bright light in the dark cave of Broncos crap OL. They will keep him, Okung and Max Garcia and try and develop them. They will also keep Michael Schofield because he's cheap, although he won't start barring injury.

That's not encouraging, but there's very little help apparently in this year's draft, and any decent FA OL will be hideously expensive. They may still try and land a RT FA, but mostly, any improvement is going to have to come from improved coaching the players they already have. Because this is not a team where you can blow it up and rebuild every year and expect success.

And success, (as in going to the SB) is what is expected around here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Paradis is a bright light in the dark cave of Broncos crap OL. They will keep him, Okung and Max Garcia and try and develop them. They will also keep Michael Schofield because he's cheap, although he won't start barring injury.

That's not encouraging, but there's very little help apparently in this year's draft, and any decent FA OL will be hideously expensive. They may still try and land a RT FA, but mostly, any improvement is going to have to come from improved coaching the players they already have. Because this is not a team where you can blow it up and rebuild every year and expect success.

And success, (as in going to the SB) is what is expected around here.
    FA is pretty loaded with quality starters. No big name all pro LT. But solid players. I expect a new tackle in FA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    FA is pretty loaded with quality starters. No big name all pro LT. But solid players. I expect a new tackle in FA.
    other than possibly getting a couple good years out of whitworth as a rental, i'm just not sure how much we can upgrade OT through FA this year. . . guard is a different story-- any one of kevin zeitler, chance warmack or ron leary would be a huge improvement at either OG spot. . . TJ lang's probably got a couple solid years left in him as well. . . as much as i hate it, i'm afraid we'll most likely be forced into trying to salvage either okung or stephenson-- at least for another year. . . i trust ty sombrero even less at tackle than i do those stiffs, and you have to have somebody as a swing tackle. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    other than possibly getting a couple good years out of whitworth as a rental, i'm just not sure how much we can upgrade OT through FA this year. . . guard is a different story-- any one of kevin zeitler, chance warmack or ron leary would be a huge improvement at either OG spot. . . TJ lang's probably got a couple solid years left in him as well. . . as much as i hate it, i'm afraid we'll most likely be forced into trying to salvage either okung or stephenson-- at least for another year. . . i trust ty sombrero even less at tackle than i do those stiffs, and you have to have somebody as a swing tackle. . .
    Okung had an average season by the rankings. When he's bad he's legendarily bad, though.

Whitworth was alright at the end of the year last year from what I heard. Zeitler is a monster. I'll call them and let them know that we love Cincy transplants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Tj lang is 29 i think. So very much has time left. But a lot of good guards. If we have a really good guard next to okung it may work out for him on restructured contract. But stephenson has to go.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

You cant get worse than Stephenson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    You cant get worse than Stephenson.
    you don't remember the first KC game? when they benched him for sambrailo, who was so much worse that they had to bring stephenson back in after a couple of drives?

15. The Following 8 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

you don't remember the first KC game? when they benched him for sambrailo, who was so much worse that they had to bring stephenson back in after a couple of drives?
    He probably assumed you meant "among NFL linemen" which Sambrailo was not. He was a human T-Rex in a Broncos kit who should not have been allowed near an NFL snap by that point. Maybe they figured if Paradis didn't need hips, Sambrailo didn't need arms?

If he's injured, I hope he recovers and gives some depth next year. Nothing against the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Sombrailo must be cut but neither should start. Howevwr pff had stephenson rated as worst RT and sambrilo dont make list.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Jeff davidson added as OL coach per broncos twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He probably assumed you meant "among NFL linemen" which Sambrailo was not. He was a human T-Rex in a Broncos kit who should not have been allowed near an NFL snap by that point. Maybe they figured if Paradis didn't need hips, Sambrailo didn't need arms?

If he's injured, I hope he recovers and gives some depth next year. Nothing against the guy.
    He hasn't been the same since Hillman shoved him in the back. I hope he doesn't have a degenerative condition in his shoulder

No way Ty will ever be strong enough to play RT in a power scheme, he will have to add some strength and get much better at pass protection to play LT.

22. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information