Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Notes - 2017

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I saw this earlier. Seems incredibly unlikely to me. They've spent millions on their o-line this year and they'll turn around and trade their best, most loyal lineman now?
    They are also aiming to go young and get as many picks as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    In defence of drafting guys who'd be 2nd round OTs in any normal class: I'm told 2nd round OTs are freakin' MONEY, after all, that's where we got Sambrailo!

Since those are the few guys I consistently hear everyone who follows college declare the best of a very bad OT class though, BOTH may be gone by #20. Turns out OTs, especially LTs, are highly sought after, so the top 1-2 in any given class rarely last til the end of the 1st round, much less end of the 2nd (who knew?)
    Can you imagine being the fan of a team that actually drafted Ramczyk or Bolles BEFORE 20?

I can see it happening of course. Teams reach desperately to fill holes all the time (bad ones do that is). But, man! Talk about a major reach! It's bad enough seeing the Broncos draft a craptastic OT at #20 who might start and do well by 2018. But, at #15-19? There are some really GOOOD players who will make an immediate impact available at those spots: RB, CB, WR, TE, S, and especially DL or S.

In fact, there's solid studs available between 15 and 20 at almost every position EXCEPT OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'm not good enough to get into those schools. It is what it is. I failed.
    Did you do what I did before taking the LSAT? Stanley Kaplan course? That really helped me a lot (especially with Logic Games. I don't know if they still have that, but I wouldn't have gotten any of those questions without that prep course).

You could try to study again for the LSAT. And at worst you could get a graduate degree somewhere in something else and re-apply based on better grades in grad school. But, I have to tell you there are a ton of lawyers around and not that many jobs. Law schools are churning out too many lawyers and some of them are failing to find jobs. Right now a really good, experienced bankruptcy paralegal can make probably make more money than many licensed law school grads.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Did you do what I did before taking the LSAT? Stanley Kaplan course? That really helped me a lot (especially with Logic Games. I don't know if they still have that, but I wouldn't have gotten any of those questions without that prep course).

You could try to study again for the LSAT. And at worst you could get a graduate degree somewhere in something else and re-apply based on better grades in grad school. But, I have to tell you there are a ton of lawyers around and not that many jobs. Law schools are churning out too many lawyers and some of them are failing to find jobs. Right now a really good, experienced bankruptcy paralegal can make probably make more money than many licensed law school grads.
    The best way to tackle the issues with jobs for attorneys is to go to specific areas in the country - for instance, in Southern Illinois, there is a demand for attorneys, even with a law school in that area.

I was fortunate to link up with a professor who is doing scholarly research on that subject, and so I'm trying to find the 'pockets'.

I put in over 600 hours on that test, took a class, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Elway 'surprised' Ware walked away
    At the NFL's Annual Meetings, John Elway sits down with BTV's Phil Milani to talk about free agency, the draft and Hall of Fame chances for Broncos Owner Pat Bowlen.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...d-e9aeef7b77b1

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Can you imagine being the fan of a team that actually drafted Ramczyk or Bolles BEFORE 20?

I can see it happening of course. Teams reach desperately to fill holes all the time (bad ones do that is). But, man! Talk about a major reach! It's bad enough seeing the Broncos draft a craptastic OT at #20 who might start and do well by 2018. But, at #15-19? There are some really GOOOD players who will make an immediate impact available at those spots: RB, CB, WR, TE, S, and especially DL or S.

In fact, there's solid studs available between 15 and 20 at almost every position EXCEPT OL.
    That's your opinion. I think there are 3 tackles that are first round quality. The biggest problem is that two of them only have one year of experience at the D1 level. Both played well during that year though. Ramczyk was solid in both run and pass protection. He played well hurt and had surgery in the offseason. Bolles has great feet, he just needs to improve his strength. He's also 25 years old. Both of those guys have issues, but the talent is there.

Cam Robinson has the potential to be a franchise left tackle. He also fits the mold that the Broncos have been looking for in the offseason. Big, mean and nasty. Watch the game against Myles Garrett, who will be the first pick in this draft. Robinson was really the only tackle that Garrett played that held his own against him.

I'd be thrilled if Cam fell to the Broncos at 20, and ok if they took Ramczyk or Bolles there.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    That's your opinion. I think there are 3 tackles that are first round quality. The biggest problem is that two of them only have one year of experience at the D1 level. Both played well during that year though. Ramczyk was solid in both run and pass protection. He played well hurt and had surgery in the offseason. Bolles has great feet, he just needs to improve his strength. He's also 25 years old. Both of those guys have issues, but the talent is there.

Cam Robinson has the potential to be a franchise left tackle. He also fits the mold that the Broncos have been looking for in the offseason. Big, mean and nasty. Watch the game against Myles Garrett, who will be the first pick in this draft. Robinson was really the only tackle that Garrett played that held his own against him.

I'd be thrilled if Cam fell to the Broncos at 20, and ok if they took Ramczyk or Bolles there.
    I like Robinson a lot and think he would be great value at 20. I like Bolles too and could live with Ramczyk (he's my least favorite of the three). There are a couple of other guys that could be possibilities in the first or second as well. After that, there's not much there but I have to think we address the line early this year, depending on how the board falls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Who's down for a Vegas roadie

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Who's down for a Vegas roadie
    Thanks for thinking of me, but now that I'm married I've had to give up sex with roadies (have fun though. )
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

13. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Thanks for thinking of me, but now that I'm married I've had to give up sex with roadies (have fun though. )
    Omg Joel

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 40s

#Broncos Elway: "The plan is to stay the course" at quarterback. No talk of Tony Romo. @DenverChannel
    http://bit.ly/2mKhS64

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3h

#Broncos Joseph on QB situation to @DenverChannel "The more I watch the more comfortable I get with the 2 young kids"

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos ‘optimistic’ about new stadium sponsor before season begins

DENVER — The Broncos are “optimistic” that they will be able to secure a new sponsor for Sports Authority Field at Mile High before the start of the season, President & CEO Joe Ellis said Monday.

“We’re still having ongoing discussions with our agency [WME | IMG]. I’m going back to New York here for a couple of consecutive visits,” Ellis said in a statement from the annual NFL meetings in Arizona. “I’m going to try and catch up with WME | IMG and see how much further they have gotten.”

“I can’t disclose who they are talking with. I’m still optimistic we’re going to get a deal done prior to the season, but no promises because you have to get the right deal,” Ellis said.

Ellis added that they want to find a deal that is good for the Broncos, the community, and one that will allow them to fund future improvements and repairs on the stadium.
    rest - http://kdvr.com/2017/03/27/broncos-o...season-begins/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I don't remember anything about this at all, but ...

Jon Heath‏Verified account @JonHeathNFL 1h1 hour ago

After new CBA, teams were allowed to loan from future salary cap in 2011 & 2012. Broncos just paid back $4.5M & dropped from $20.6 to $16.1.

So Broncos now have $16,148,416 in salary cap space after taking a hit for loans in 2011 and 2012. Part of $16.1 goes to rookie class.

Broncos may not be completely done in free agency, but they have 71 players on roster. If they draft 10, that would leave room for 9 UDFAs.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I don't remember anything about this at all, but ...

After new CBA, teams were allowed to loan from future salary cap in 2011 & 2012. Broncos just paid back $4.5M & dropped from $20.6 to $16.1.

So Broncos now have $16,148,416 in salary cap space after taking a hit for loans in 2011 and 2012. Part of $16.1 goes to rookie class.

Broncos may not be completely done in free agency, but they have 71 players on roster. If they draft 10, that would leave room for 9 UDFAs.
    Say goodbye to Romo.

Probably eliminates any possible trade for a lineman as well.

I think we generally try and leave a little cap each year for that just in case signing, so with the wiggle room and the rookies we don't really have any space for a big cap number player.

23. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information