Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Notes - 2017

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I said that last year...it didn't.
    Exactly what I was thinking as I typed it. You think it has to improve, but it ends up markedly worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking as I typed it. You think it has to improve, but it ends up markedly worse.
    This is my life. I'm like our offensive line...but more disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Let's go get a beer, homie. Wait. Nm. You live too far away.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    King...not EVEN close.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    King...not EVEN close.
    Wow, our OL is worse than I thought.

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Wow, our OL is worse than I thought.
    Pretty much what I think.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Who's down for a Vegas roadie
    The Mrs. has never been to Vegas. Well, we did stop to eat in Las Vegas, NM during our road trip...

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Other than Cam Robinson, there are no 1st round LT's. Worst thing a team can do is to reach/overdraft a position of need when the talent isn't there.

My guess is Elway might wind up trading future picks during or after the draft for a LT. Top target being Taylor Lewan from the Titans. Word is TEN doesn't believe he provides them what they want at LT.

Per Elway's penchant, Denver will select BPA in the
    1st round. Someone who will come in and make an immediate impact. In the second, I hope Mixon is still available and JFE bites the bullet.
    Last edited by Traveler; 04-01-2017 at 09:05 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Other than Cam Robinson, there are no 1st round LT's. Worst thing a team can do is to reach/overdraft a position of need when the talent isn't there.

My guess is Elway might wind up trading future picks during or after the draft for a LT. Top target being Taylor Lewan from the Titans. Word is TEN doesn't believe he provides them what they want at LT.

1st round. Someone who will come in and make an immediate impact. In the second, I hope Mixon is still available and JFE bites the bullet.
    I guarantee he will still be available. There's at least three other running backs that we'll go ahead of him. And there's no way that four backs get drafted in the first round

All this is pretty much accurate. But, it doesn't solve the LT problem.

OK, maybe a trade. But, what will any team with a decent LT want in exchange for a starting guy - in this current market where teams are desperate and there are no quality LTs in the draft?

Answer: Too much! They will want a BOAT load of compensation, and I don't see Elway giving away a 1st round pick or something. There are too many holes to fill on this team [LT, RDE, RB, Slot WR, TE, CB, LB just about everything but S] and those high draft picks are too valuable.

And as for a trade? Maybe. That's the best we can hope for. But, the "word" has been out about possible trades for over a month now and nothing has happened. Maybe they are waiting on Tony Romo to get released, but it doesn't look at all like Romo is coming to Denver, so now, before the draft is pretty much the last time you can make such a trade happen.

I'm not at all optimistic. I think they really mean to trot out Ty Sambrailo or some rookie they draft in the 2nd round, plus maybe Donald Stephenson and Michael Schofield (whom they seem to think is a possible LT for some reason I don't understand) - and say "it's a competition at the LT position." A competition!

In one corner, an innocent young lamb who will be devoured by Kalil Mack. In another the Suck-tastic Donald Stephenson who was truly horrible at RT last year and whom every fan confidently expected would be CUT (he still could be). In the 3rd corner we have a guy in Schofield who utterly blew enormous chunks as a RT and sucked enough as a RG that they signed Leary and are moving Max Garcia over to take his RG job, trying him out on yet another position. And in the final corner, we have the always injured and vastly understrength Ty Sambrailo.

That hand is the 2 of nothing, the three of crap, the 4 of forget-about-it, and the 5 of get out of town!

14. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Hopefully McCoy isn't stubborn with his scheme like Kubiak was. Have someone freaking chip Mack! Our receivers are so much better than Oakland's secondary it should provide enough time for one of our receivers to get open.

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    All this is pretty much accurate. But, it doesn't solve the LT problem.

OK, maybe a trade. But, what will any team with a decent LT want in exchange for a starting guy - in this current market where teams are desperate and there are no quality LTs in the draft?

Answer: Too much! They will want a BOAT load of compensation, and I don't see Elway giving away a 1st round pick or something. There are too many holes to fill on this team [LT, RDE, RB, Slot WR, TE, CB, LB just about everything but S] and those high draft picks are too valuable.

And as for a trade? Maybe. That's the best we can hope for. But, the "word" has been out about possible trades for over a month now and nothing has happened. Maybe they are waiting on Tony Romo to get released, but it doesn't look at all like Romo is coming to Denver, so now, before the draft is pretty much the last time you can make such a trade happen.

I'm not at all optimistic. I think they really mean to trot out Ty Sambrailo or some rookie they draft in the 2nd round, plus maybe Donald Stephenson and Michael Schofield (whom they seem to think is a possible LT for some reason I don't understand) - and say "it's a competition at the LT position." A competition!

In one corner, an innocent young lamb who will be devoured by Kalil Mack. In another the Suck-tastic Donald Stephenson who was truly horrible at RT last year and whom every fan confidently expected would be CUT (he still could be). In the 3rd corner we have a guy in Schofield who utterly blew enormous chunks as a RT and sucked enough as a RG that they signed Leary and are moving Max Garcia over to take his RG job, trying him out on yet another position. And in the final corner, we have the always injured and vastly understrength Ty Sambrailo.

That hand is the 2 of nothing, the three of crap, the 4 of forget-about-it, and the 5 of get out of town!
    OMG, Denver is so ******!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Good post, Traveler. I do agree.

19. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    OMG, Denver is so ******!
    i'm afraid we've reached that point, MOseph. . . no choice left but to fold the franchise. . .

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Paradis, Jordan Taylor, & Casey Kreiter signed.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/re...s-free-agents/

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information