Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Notes - 2017

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

NFLPA has #Broncos with $20.973M in cap room after their 5 FA signings so far. Kasim Edebali's 1-yr deal worth a little over $1M ($1M base).

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago

Cap is based off Top 51 so as new signings join Top 51 a contract is deducted. Broncos usually keep $8-10M cap min. for draft picks/chaos

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

NFLPA has #Broncos with $20.973M in cap room after their 5 FA signings so far. Kasim Edebali's 1-yr deal worth a little over $1M ($1M base).

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 4m4 minutes ago

Cap is based off Top 51 so as new signings join Top 51 a contract is deducted. Broncos usually keep $8-10M cap min. for draft picks/chaos
    so basically, we have to sit on what's left of it (11-13 mil) in case we can get romo's gimp ass at some point. . .

we need to kill it in the draft this year. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    so basically, we have to sit on what's left of it (11-13 mil) in case we can get romo's gimp ass at some point. . .

we need to kill it in the draft this year. . .
    It's hard to believe that what we have at this moment is the best the Broncos can do about the offensive line. Maybe it is. It just sucks.

I'd love to see a Peters trade go down.

I am indifferent to Romo, but at the end of the day I'd prefer he play in Denver, and that he's on an incentive-oriented (injury-hedged) deal. Easiest way to make a line better without actually improving personnel is to have a good RB, some speed to pull defense away from box, and a good QB to call out protections and get the ball out quickly.

Having said that, I heard this stat the other day that Romo holds on to the ball a long ass time. Not sure that's a good fit for this O-line and that 37-year old frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 7m

Roughly $8 to $9 million goes to draft picks. So about $11 million left in cap space. @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It's hard to believe that what we have at this moment is the best the Broncos can do about the offensive line. Maybe it is. It just sucks.

I am indifferent to Romo, but at the end of the day I'd prefer he play in Denver, and that he's on an incentive-oriented (injury-hedged) deal. Easiest way to make a line better without actually improving personnel is to have a good RB, some speed to pull defense away from box, and a good QB to call out protections and get the ball out quickly.

Having said that, I heard this stat the other day that Romo holds on to the ball a long ass time. Not sure that's a good fit for this O-line and that 37-year old frame.
    I'd still pass on Romo, but it's not up to me, so who knows? As far as the line goes, Peters is the most interesting idea left, as it would involve some outside the box thinking (see: the Patriots off season) but would give us a big upgrade there. Not sure anyone else provides anything except to eat up cap space. King Dunlap? I mean, I hope not.

If we get nothing else there before the draft, I assume we draft a tackle high and let him compete with Stephenson for the LT job. Not ideal but that's where we are right now.

6. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2h

Broncos visit with Joe Mixon has concluded. He met with several members of Broncos brass including GM John Elway and CEO Joe Ellis. #9sports

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

San Francisco 49ers‏Verified account

The @49ers have signed linebacker Dekoda Watson.

DETAILS: http://49rs.co/JAMCIR

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    San Francisco 49ers‏Verified account

The @49ers have signed linebacker Dekoda Watson.

DETAILS: http://49rs.co/JAMCIR
    Special teams will have some holes to fill.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck Retweeted
    Broncos Off Field‏Verified account @BroncosOffField 44s

Thank you for all you did to #BeAChampion here in Denver, @dekodawatson57!

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Special teams will have some holes to fill.
    So does BTB's sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

Basically you're right about all of this. I sure looks like the Broncos actually intend to limp into this season with Donald Stephenson, Ty Sambrilo, or Michael Schofield at LT. (I know, I know, Schofield isn't a T let alone a LT, but the word is now that the Broncos have told Schofield isn't a G, plus they just added Leary to play his position.) I would hate watching this. The OL would be worse than last year. As of Game 1 we would be missing Russell Okung. That bad.

There is not ONE T in this draft who is expected to be like a young Ryan Clady who can come in and start at LT this year. Nobody. Clady was the #12 pick anyway, and the Chiefs were ready to take him at #13 if he fell to them. Normally a guy who can step in and become a dominant LT in this league gets taken in the top 5 picks. There just aren't a lot of those guys available.

I'd love to see a Peters trade go down. I'd trade anybody on this team, other than Von Miller or Chris Harris; and maybe Wolfe, as he's really underpaid, you don't want to lose him.

But, Mike Klis of 9News when pressed is insisting that he doesn't see a trade in the works like that.

My guess is that the Broncos either trade for somebody that fans will say "Who?" or use a draft pick on a guy.

They could even wait until summer and try to pick up some ageing veteran OT they feel might have one last gasp of juice in him yet. They've done that before.

Otherwise it's getting used to seeing Donald Stephenson at LT. I don't think they can draft a guy like Ramczyk or Bolles and expect either to start at LT this season. Neither would even be considered a first round pick in a normal T class. Last year both would have been drafted in the 2nd round according to NFL draft experts.

A guy like that could develop into a starting player - maybe - in a couple of years. Maybe 2 or 3.

Take a look at Paradis. He was a 6th round developmental player. In his first season he was utterly invisible. You would expect a 2nd round pick to do better in his first season, but you would NOT expect him to start as a rookie, unless the draft were VERY deep at his position, so a guy who might normally be considered a first round talent fell to the 2nd. But, this is the opposite. A 2nd round talent gets boosted up to the first round because of desperate need at his position all around the league.

Pass.

In defence of drafting guys who'd be 2nd round OTs in any normal class: I'm told 2nd round OTs are freakin' MONEY, after all, that's where we got Sambrailo!

Since those are the few guys I consistently hear everyone who follows college declare the best of a very bad OT class though, BOTH may be gone by #20. Turns out OTs, especially LTs, are highly sought after, so the top 1-2 in any given class rarely last til the end of the 1st round, much less end of the 2nd (who knew?)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    In defence of drafting guys who'd be 2nd round OTs in any normal class: I'm told 2nd round OTs are freakin' MONEY, after all, that's where we got Sambrailo!

Since those are the few guys I consistently hear everyone who follows college declare the best of a very bad OT class though, BOTH may be gone by #20. Turns out OTs, especially LTs, are highly sought after, so the top 1-2 in any given class rarely last til the end of the 1st round, much less end of the 2nd (who knew?)
    As much as i agree with you about the lack of oline quality, i ant quite get where this team could make much for changes.

Over the last several years, the option to pick up OT's in the "top end" have been pretty limited because, well they have been winning forcing them into the later part of the rounds. The have went out and attempted to grab players for said positions, but sadly havent either coached them correctly, or jsut flat out suck at selecting lineman.

The only real option would have been to either sacrifice a draft pull in a LT, which im not going to take the time to look at who has been available in the draft and how much of a draft we would have had to give up, or Joe Thomas for 1 or 2 first rounders.

It really hasnt been for lack of effort, but maybe being good is a bad thing? i dont know:P

18. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post

Who exactly were these stud tackles that we could have had the last few years in the first round? It's too early to tell on last year, but let's look at the two years prior. In 2014, we picked 31st in the first round and selected Roby. Here were the OT that went before our pick:

Greg Robinson
    Jake Matthews
    Taylor Lewan
    Ja'Wuan James

All in the top 20, by the way. Lewan is the best of those guys, right? He went #11. So how were we getting him unless it was a massive trade up?

In 2015, we picked 23rd, where we traded up from 28th for Shane Ray. Here are the OT that went before our pick:

Brandon Scherff (moved to G now, I believe)
    Ereck Flowers (sucks so far)
    Andrus Peat (pretty sure he sucks so far too)
    Cedric Ogbuehi (injured, and then was underwhelming when he played)
    DJ Humphries (taken at #24, so if we hadn't traded up, would have been gone before we picked).

Again, who did you want there and at what cost? It's hard to find quality OT. I'm not even talking about stars - just average OT. If we take one at #20 this year and start him, he might be average, which is still better than what we currently have. But there's not a plethora of quality guys out there so if we take a big player at another position (a la Roby and Ray), I'm not going to lose my mind.

Joel...he's taking off his belt. Apologize now. That man is going to hurt you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information