Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Notes - 2017

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 3m

#Broncos CB @AqibTalib21 and OLB @Millerlite40 were named to the PFWA's 2016 All-NFL team. Third consecutive selection for Miller.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h

R. Okung has $1M option due March 9. If exercised $11M of $12.5M (not $12.7) in 2017 and $9.5M of $11M in 2018 fully guar. Redo? #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h

McCoy/Davidson means shift from zone to power run scheme says @JakeDMarsing. Okung best road grader but he must reduce $12.7M. #9sports
    This is why I quit expecting Okung back when he was still playing like crap at midseason (let alone seasons end:) John Elway doesn't pay top dollar for sub-backup production (and thank God for that.) If Okung wants to re-do the contract (and remember, he's his own agent,) great, but I can't imagine going on the hook for >$10M/yr the next TWO years for Okungs awful level of play THIS year: If we MUST have a garbage blindside OT, we can get it for ~1/5 as much cap space.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

4. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I'd welcome Okung back at a lower salary, you gotta look at what's available to replace him...not much.

He wasn't the biggest issue.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I'd welcome Okung back at a lower salary, you gotta look at what's available to replace him...not much.

He wasn't the biggest issue.
    Fair points both; I wouldn't mind upgrading LT and resigning Okung to play RT for $3-5M/yr, but for $10M EACH of the next TWO seasons? There's plenty of LTs our there who'd play as badly as he did this year for way less.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Fair points both; I wouldn't mind upgrading LT and resigning Okung to play RT for $3-5M/yr, but for $10M EACH of the next TWO seasons? There's plenty of LTs our there who'd play as badly as he did this year for way less.
    Some of the rankings list had him around the middle of the pack. Actually, I think it's slightly lower than middle. I think that for most of the game he's alright, but he almost always has one or two putrid plays a game. If he were our worst lineman, we'd probably have a good line. If we could just find a consistent TE who could help him block it would help a lot, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Some of the rankings list had him around the middle of the pack. Actually, I think it's slightly lower than middle. I think that for most of the game he's alright, but he almost always has one or two putrid plays a game. If he were our worst lineman, we'd probably have a good line. If we could just find a consistent TE who could help him block it would help a lot, too.
    Maybe we can move our OL coach that used to be our TE coach that used to be our OL coach that used to be our TE coach back to TEs: Then he can provide us a bunch more TEs with the blocking prowess of Julius Thomas. And if he doesn't, well, we can just blame the head coach who's NEVER directly coached that position.

Speaking of which, I saw the bit about Benton, but also the quality of the Jags blocking this year; I'd still prefer this guy. Either's a huge upgrade on Barone though.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos carry over $7.2M, expected to have nearly $39 million in salary cap space

John Elway will have some extra salary cap to use in 2017.

The NFL Players Association announced on Wednesday the salary cap totals that each team has elected to carry over into the 2017 season. The Denver Broncos are carrying over more than $7.2 million.

Denver is expected to have around $38,410,833 in 2017 salary cap space, according to Spotrac.com. That estimate will likely go up because Spotrac only calculated $6.8 million to roll over.
    rest - http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017...ary-cap-space/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

11. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Not to mention that figure also account for Okung's contract. If we cut or restructure Okung that 10 million won't hit us. We should have ~45+ million available.

13. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m

#Broncos announce Emmanuel Sanders headed to Pro Bowl as replacement for Amari Cooper @DenverChannel

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 6m

Broncos now have five Pro Bowlers. @ESanders_10 replaces Amari Cooper. Sanders joins Miller, Talib, Harris and Stewart as Broncos reps.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3h

Von Miller had more sacks & total stops (per @PFF). Khalil Mack had more TFLs, hurries (per @PFF) & forced fumbles. Tough call.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 4h

Matt Ryan named @PFWAwriters' 2016 MVP and Offensive Player of Year. Oakland's Khalil Mack edges Von Miller for Defensive Player of Year.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 20m

More cash in T.J. Ward's pocket. The NFL rescinded his $9,115 fine for unnecessary roughness penalty vs. NE. League did good. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Clancy Barone wasn't unemployed for long. Former Broncos offensive line coach, Barone has agreement to become Vikings new TE coach. #9sports

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Oakland's Khalil Mack edges Von Miller for Defensive Player of Year.
    it's BS, but i kinda like it. . . nobody on this year's team should be too satisfied with this year's performance. . . hopefully von comes back even more motivated to dominate next year. . .

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Wrong.

But I'm happy as a Bronco fan because I want Von hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 20m

More cash in T.J. Ward's pocket. The NFL rescinded his $9,115 fine for unnecessary roughness penalty vs. NE. League did good. #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Clancy Barone wasn't unemployed for long. Former Broncos offensive line coach, Barone has agreement to become Vikings new TE coach. #9sports
    Interesting.

I'm going to keep an eye on Barone. My gut is that he could have stayed on this staff another year in prove-it capacity, not taken the bullet for Stephenson/CJ Injury/Sambraillo/Siemian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Von tapered off quite a bit in the second half of the season.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information