Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2016 PFF rankings for offensive players

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Sorry, when you calmly explain obvious flaws and get roasted for it, sometimes you just have to point out that you were right.

Go away. I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Sorry, when you calmly explain obvious flaws and get roasted for it, sometimes you just have to point out that you were right.

Go away. I hate you.

I didn't get worked up until you pierced my heart with calloused words .

My love will never die

I concede he didn't play well. I just didn't agree with you on his potential. that's how I see it.

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Go away. I hate you.
    It was the offensive line.

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It was definitely offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    My favorite part is when people then point to his completion percentage in this era and use it as a justification for saying he is good.

Remember when people used his stats to 'favorably' compare him to guys from much older eras? That was fun.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I think Siemien is a little under ranked but my opinion of him is he will be a stellar back up who can help you win games. Paradis was PFF's top rated center all year and he is the only starting linemen who should be back. These ratings also show the fact that besides the line a viable third option in the passing gane is severly hindering either Lynch or Siemien in the passing game period. Np matter who is playing on the OL if we can not find tha reliable third option opposistion can just blitz mercilessy while really only having to defend DT and Sanders.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I see the TS fans are ignoring his ranking.
    I just felt that he was pretty much a rookie. We paid him $538,195..... for me it's really hard to be upset given the fact we really didn't have another choice. Had we paid him Brock money.....$ 12 million this year and knowing we have to give him $ 19 million next...I would probably feel different.
    Getting Stoked

11. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    I just felt that he was pretty much a rookie. We paid him $538,195..... for me it's really hard to be upset given the fact we really didn't have another choice. Had we paid him Brock money.....$ 12 million this year and knowing we have to give him $ 19 million next...I would probably feel different.
    He was one of the worst QB's in the league last year. As a second year player.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The two most surprising things for me:

1.) I knew Stephenson was bad, but I didn't realize he was considered the lowest graded tackle in the league. Lord.
    2.) Are we really pposed to believe Paradis is the best/most productive center in the league? I think it shows some of the limitations of these rankings.
    One thing I learned during my sting in Philly is like him or not if Reid ever decides to let a player walk then you don't want him. I can't ever remember him having a decent player go elsewhere during free agency and play well. Kind of an arbitrary way to evaluate signings but it worked well. Top it off with the fact that the Chiefs replaced him with the highest rated RT in the league in Schwartz and it was even more painful. Elway has missed horribly with most of of his recent O line draftees and signings. That needs to change

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Siemian: 32/36

CJ Anderson: 46/61
    Devonte Booker: 54/61
    Justin Forsett: 61/61
    Andy Janovich: 6/16

DT: 25/119
    Sanders: 14/119
    Norwood: 113/119

Virgil Green: 31/67

Stpehenson: 81/81
    Okung: 38/81
    Garcia: 41/74
    Schofield: 51/74
    Paradis: 1/40

Saw this at http://in-thinair.com/2017/01/09/ora...anuary-9-2017/
    CJ Anderson was injured, so that's not a fair comparison.

Okung might not be great, but there's nobody better waiting in the wings to take his place, so they will have to re-negotiate his $11 M contract and re-sign him.

They will have to find someone to replace Stephenson because he was just a flat FAIL. Whether they can do that in FA or the draft remains to be seen. This is reportedly the worst draft class for OL in many years, which means that the 1/2 of the NFL currently desperate to improve their OLs will have to search in FA. And that means that even BAD FA OL will get absurd amounts of money from desperate teams. Like Okung. Frankly, if I were Elway, I'd grit my teeth and pay Okung the $11 M this season and try to re-negotiate a shorter deal with him in case it doesn't work out.

Max Garcia is a developmental player who was starting his first season. He wasn't great, but in more of a power blocking scheme he could be better. Same thing is true for Michael Schofield who has managed underachieve his meager draft status. He was a bad fit for a zone blocking scheme, but he might do better in a power attack.

The Broncos also drafted C Connor McGovern in the 5th last year. He didn't see the field and was a really strange pick to begin with because he is a HUGE dude, with great strength, and not much athletic foot speed or agility, which makes him a better fit for a power OL scheme than a ZBS. We could see him get significantly more playing time this year.

Paradis would be OK in any scheme, but he's better suited to the ZBS, since he's about 295 lbs. at his heaviest and he doesn't have a big frame to add a lot of weight easily. If he fully recovers from his 2 hip surgeries this off-season he'll be the starter again.

In short, they might just replace Stephenson and keep all the other guys and try and coach them to be better.

If they can't find a better replacement for Stephenson, they might just keep him as well.

They will probably be unable to draft a starting OL this year, given how bad the draft is for OL - but should add 1 or 2 developmental guys in the 2nd-5th rounds. Maybe they could find a G or RT who fell a bit available when they pick, but probably not in the first round at 20.

They really hurt themselves draft wise by winning that Raiders game. It cost them 4 places in every round of the draft (from 16 to 20)!

As for criticizing Elway for these failures, the FAs are really on Kubiak and his staff. And it's not as if there were a lot of better alternatives anyway. For instance, during the SB run, Michael Schofield was horrible at RT, remember? They tried Ty Sambrailo at several spots on the OL, then he got hurt. He's not even expected to crack the starting Lineup this year, which shows what a bust he is.

So, Stephenson might not be great, but they might look around and not find anybody better. Outside of a couple of guys who will command a kings' ransom in FA, there are really not a lot of choices and there are a lot of teams wanting those few FAs.

Look at what improving the Raiders line cost LA:

Austin Howard T, 4 years $30 M.
    Rodney Hudson C, 5 years $44.5 M.
    Kelechi Osemele G, 5 years $58.5 M.

The Broncos choose to spend their money on defense. Their OL by comparison:

Max Garcia, G: 4 years, $2.6 M.
    Russell Okung: 4 year option for $12M per if they renew.
    Paradis: exclusive rights FA. This means the Broncos will have to re-sign him prior to FA or else match whatever tender contract he gets from other teams. There will be a lot of other teams if the Broncos let him hit FA.
    Ty Sambrailo: 4 years $2.9 M.
    Michael Schofield: 4 years, $2.7 M.
    Donald Stephenson: 3 years, $14 M, with $10 M guaranteed. His dead cap hit for 2017 would be $6 million, so I bet they keep him and try to get better production out of him. That's doubtful, but the money is already spent and they can't just get out of the contract.

16. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information