Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2017 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Bellinger is a nice player, but he's not going to be great. Hamilton is arguably great.

Votto is a strange, strange guy. He's not going to waive that clause because he likes the low profile. He's kind of a waste of talent in that sense but he's not because he's been a wonderful player. Cincinnati will be rebuilding for the next ten years. He'll love it.
    Whoa...great?

His slash line is pedestrian (.251/.304/.324) to bad and his wOBA is 40 points below league average (He's at .277, league average at .320). He's 68th in strikeout percentage with an isolated power rate of .071., so he's hitting .251 with no extra base hits.

The 28 stolen bags and the 6 UZR just don't make up for that, and that shows (he's 69th in Fangraphs WAR this year). He's a nice player, and a unique player in today's game, but let's not go overboard.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

He has horrible coaching and is in a place where losing is acceptable. He bats .310 on a real team. He can turn into the next Ichiro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He has horrible coaching and is in a place where losing is acceptable. He bats .310 on a real team. He can turn into the next Ichiro.
    No, he probably cannot hit .310. And Ichiro was hitting .350 at one point. Hamilton isn't doing that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No, he probably cannot hit .310. And Ichiro was hitting .350 at one point. Hamilton isn't doing that.
    You hate too much. The potential is there for true Hall of Fame Greatness. And I believe Cincinnati is a place that saps someone's ability.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You hate too much. The potential is there for true Hall of Fame Greatness. And I believe Cincinnati is a place that saps someone's ability.
    I'm not hating on him. Billy Hamilton's reality is a plus-side .270 BA. His 90th percentile PECOTA BA is .286. He's just not a .310 hitter. He's a slap guy who as long as he keeps his OBP around .300 is a threat to steal bases and score runs and he's a good defensive center fielder. That's what he is.

He's going to get up past .320, Mo. There's a storm coming!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

No way. Ichiro was a born hitter, Hamilton does not possess those traits. Hamilton is fast and plays a good CF but that's it. He's essentially a two tool player.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    No way. Ichiro was a born hitter, Hamilton does not possess those traits. Hamilton is fast and plays a good CF but that's it. He's essentially a two tool player.
    Maybe 3 tool player. I'm not so sure on his arm. Does he have a good arm MO?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

I don't know about Hamilton but there are 3 tools in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I don't know about Hamilton but there are 3 tools in this thread
    It's a five tool thread now that you and I are here.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Hamilton's coming for that batting title, you hating sons of bitches.

Who is your favorite baseball player of all time?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That I saw: Larry Walker.
    That I wish I saw: Sandy Koufax.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Larry Walker. I was home for a visit in Denver during Larry's last season and was lucky enough to see Larry hit a broken bat opposite field solo shot. I gave him like a 3 minute standing ovation. People were looking at me like I was a psycho.

The only baseball jersey I own is his. Love that man, eh!

I've only been to two MLB games. Notable players in each game were Reggie Jackson, Rod Carew, Don Baylor, Carlton Fisk, Harold Baines, Greg luzinski, in the one game and Fernando Valezuela, Steve Howe, Dave Stewart, Tony Pena, Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Dusty Baker, Pedro Guerrero, Mike Scioscia in the other
    Last edited by weazel; 06-06-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

21. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information