Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2017 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Worst attendence in the league between inning 1&6.
    But they bought the tickets. When the Cubs were awful, people still went in drove to hang out at a ball park. Being there for an entire game doesn't mean you're a diehard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    So they added star players and focused on that to win! Those monsters. Congratulations, your franchise is just a worse version of the Dodgers.

The notion that teams overspend to compete with the Red Sox and Yankees is an interesting one. Especially since the Giants win a lot of WS, as well as the Cardinals, albeit STL is in top ten for salary each year.

Most of the 'omfg big budgets are unfair' stuff is exaggerrated and unfounded.

The Dodgers have the bulk of their talent from their own development. If trading youth for some players is a good thing, it can't be held against them. If it's a bad thing, then a bunch of teams are just as, if not more, guilty.
    Both teams went into debt to win, and then had a fire sale afterwards to survive. The moneybags teams can make a legitimate run every single year. The NFL is the gold standard when it comes to trying to create as much parity as possible so that anyone with a half-way competent ownership/front office can have the same chance to compete for the championship. So yes, even the Browns could, in theory, win a SB. Although the 1st thing they need to do is to have the current owner sell the team. Nevertheless, no other major sports league makes near the effort to create as much parity as possible as the NFL does.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

3. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Both teams went into debt to win, and then had a fire sale afterwards to survive. The moneybags teams can make a legitimate run every single year. The NFL is the gold standard when it comes to trying to create as much parity as possible so that anyone with a half-way competent ownership/front office can have the same chance to compete for the championship. So yes, even the Browns could, in theory, win a SB. Although the 1st thing they need to do is to have the current owner sell the team. Nevertheless, no other major sports league makes near the effort to create as much parity as possible as the NFL does.
    So only teams that are not sporting a huge payroll should trade prospects for stud players? The Yankees numerous times have had huge payrolls and bad teams. So have the Cubs, and the Red Sox, et al.

The payroll thing in the MLB is far too overblown. I present the following: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...ter-parity-nfl
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The payroll thing in the MLB is far too overblown. I present the following: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...ter-parity-nfl
    This link contradicts my personal agenda, its therefore fake news

In all seriousness, it does bring up some valid points when it comes to percentage of teams making the play-offs who didn't make it the year before. What percentage of teams who had an improved winning percentage is another factor that should be taken into consideration, but I'm not going to have the time to crunch the numbers anytime in the near future.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

6. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Fan, you've cracked my power rankings of favorite posters.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Here you go, Chaz:

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Here you go, Chaz:

Just makes my blood boil.

Here's one for you.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

12. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

What a great all star game tonight. Dodgers players didn't do shit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just makes my blood boil.

Here's one for you.
    Hahahaha!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

What a great all star game tonight. Dodgers players didn't do shit.
    Oh man, I'm heartbroken. Enjoy your team that peaked too early and was a story because it's a shitty franchise.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Oh man, I'm heartbroken. Enjoy your team that peaked too early and was a story because it's a shitty franchise.
    Enjoy your team you decided to root for a month ago.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Enjoy your team you decided to root for a month ago.
    Ouch

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0113.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	10668
    Let's Rid3!!!!

20. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I have always found it odd that people care if a championship team is made up of "homegrown" players. Who the **** cares what players were on the team, the goal is to win the championship, build the team to win any way you can. If that means trading away every prospect you have to get a shot at winning one year, do it because the team may not get close to it again with or without prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information