Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2017 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah we get 4 keepers - Arenado and Scherzer are no-brainers. Then I have Dozier, JD Martinez and Wil Myers all vying for my last 2 keeper slots. That's another good point - are we confident Swanson is going to rise to keeper level above the 5 players I just mentioned in 2017?

Because if not, maybe I just keep Nunes' production this year.
    That's the question I was getting at. All the scouts and rankings and the like have him pegged as a star shortstop. Are you willing to wait for that and sacrifice a little production and a keeper spot? Myers and Dozier make that a tougher decision, I think. My initial gut was to make the trade.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That's the question I was getting at. All the scouts and rankings and the like have him pegged as a star shortstop. Are you willing to wait for that and sacrifice a little production and a keeper spot? Myers and Dozier make that a tougher decision, I think. My initial gut was to make the trade.
    Yeah, my initial gut reaction was "Wow, I think he's selling Swanson too soon." And this is a keeper league where Swanson makes the most sense. My concern is that sometimes we tend to overrate and get too excited about prospects - and Nunes is solid with multi-positional eligibility and a good source of steals, assists and average. But I think I'm leaning towards accepting it too...

Or trying to get someone other than Travis. He said he'd do CJ Cron instead of Travis, but not sure that sweetens the pot much for me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yeah, my initial gut reaction was "Wow, I think he's selling Swanson too soon." And this is a keeper league where Swanson makes the most sense. My concern is that sometimes we tend to overrate and get too excited about prospects - and Nunes is solid with multi-positional eligibility and a good source of steals, assists and average. But I think I'm leaning towards accepting it too...

Or trying to get someone other than Travis. He said he'd do CJ Cron instead of Travis, but not sure that sweetens the pot much for me.
    I'm gathering you'd probably want an outfielder that can do spot duty or a pitcher...that said, and I'm guilty of this too, I think we get caught up in the keeper thing sometimes. You have that fifth round pick. You're going to get guys of true quality in the 5th, 6th, 7th round and even beyond, so I think swallowing up a keeper spot on a top of the line prospect might be worth it. You just might not see dividends right away. Sounds like you have the roster to cover that up this year, at least.

Granted, I have 10 keepers in this league, but I've hung on to J.P. Crawford for two seasons and he's probably a call up this year. I won't see dividends on that until next at the earliest. If it works out, I have a cornerstone shortstop.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Provided my finnicky league doesn't veto...I drafted Ben Zobrist to play outfield because I kept Dozier at 2B. I like what Aaron Judge is doing early on for the Yankees and was playing Freese/Zimmerman at 1B intermittently. I managed to turn Zobrist and Zimmerman into Encarnacion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Marte suspended 80 games for PEDs

ST. LOUIS -- Pirates center fielder Starling Marte received an 80-game suspension without pay, effective immediately, on Tuesday for violating Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program, a devastating blow to a Pittsburgh club with an already-thin margin for error in the National League Central.

Marte tested positive for Nandrolone, a performance-enhancing substance, according to a statement by the Commissioner's Office. The 28-year-old will be ineligible for the postseason if the Pirates qualify, but their odds will be much longer without their No. 2-hitting center fielder.

The Pirates learned of Marte's suspension late Monday night, and his teammates found out Tuesday, when Marte addressed the team in St. Louis and apologized. Left fielder Gregory Polanco called the situation "heartbreaking."
    rest - http://m.mlb.com/news/article/225044...nded-80-games/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Wow! He's a top twenty player.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Wow! He's a top twenty player.
    now you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Madison Bumgarner goes on DL for first time in career after dirt bike accident

The San Francisco Giants placed left-handed pitcher Madison Bumgarner on the disabled list Friday with bruised ribs and a grade one or two left shoulder AC sprain.

Bumgarner sustained the injuries Thursday during a dirt bike accident on the team's off day in Denver. He is out of the hospital, currently resting at the team hotel and will be reevaluated next week.

In four starts this season, Bumgarner is 0-3 with a 3.00 ERA.
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...ke-accident-dl

Ken Rosenthal‏Verified account @Ken_Rosenthal 6m6 minutes ago

Source: Expectation is that #SFGiants’ Bumgarner will be out 6 to 8 weeks.
    Last edited by Denver Native (Carol); 04-21-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

What a loser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hey Buff,

What happened with the trade?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Hey Buff,

What happened with the trade?
    I declined it for a few reasons. Mostly that I felt like there was more downside than upside - Nunez has multi-position eligibility which is helpful, I'm only allowed to have 4 keepers and I have 5 guys already vying for those slots, and I just didn't think Swanson was going to end up outplaying Brian Dozier, Wil Myers or JD Martinez to be one of my keepers. In which case I'd really need Swanson to outplay Nunez this year in order for the trade to be worth it, and with him struggling I'm worried that maybe skipping AAA means that he's going to get sent down at some point this year.

If it was a full keeper league maybe you just take the risk and hope for the high return, but in this case I don't think it made sense.

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I declined it for a few reasons. Mostly that I felt like there was more downside than upside - Nunez has multi-position eligibility which is helpful, I'm only allowed to have 4 keepers and I have 5 guys already vying for those slots, and I just didn't think Swanson was going to end up outplaying Brian Dozier, Wil Myers or JD Martinez to be one of my keepers. In which case I'd really need Swanson to outplay Nunez this year in order for the trade to be worth it, and with him struggling I'm worried that maybe skipping AAA means that he's going to get sent down at some point this year.

If it was a full keeper league maybe you just take the risk and hope for the high return, but in this case I don't think it made sense.
    I'm trying to buy low on Correa today...

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I really like Adam Jones. He's just a cool guy.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah...I'll keep him. Aside from Von...the only active player jersey I've bought in the last 10 years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Not to be confused with...

Adam 'Pacman' Jones Tells Officer to 'Suck My D--k' in Arrest Video Footage

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information