Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

McDowell looks like a great athlete, but he seems more like a DE than DT. Then again, he's only 20. He doesn't get lost or swallowed up often. Seems like a solid pick if he's around at 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Foster and McDowell should be gone, but they're not you flip a coin and run (Don't walk) to the podium.
    After looking at game film, I agree absolutely. McDowell might be the most freakish specimen, but Foster is just pure, disciplined, shell-shocking defense in a man. It does feel coin-flippy between those two.

Here's a question--surprises happen, and both are still on the board when the Broncos pick, but so is....Fournette. Still take the defensive player? I think I do.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Dude I'm looking at a bit now is Elijah Qualls, DT. Looks like a big-body dude that plays the game with his eyes as much as his legs. Not sure what I think about him, don't have enough film in yet. I think I'm a fan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    After looking at game film, I agree absolutely. McDowell might be the most freakish specimen, but Foster is just pure, disciplined, shell-shocking defense in a man. It does feel coin-flippy between those two.

Here's a question--surprises happen, and both are still on the board when the Broncos pick, but so is....Fournette. Still take the defensive player? I think I do.
    I stay with the drafting defense in 1st round pattern and take the defensive player, if it ain't broke don't break it. Especially with a RB as alternative.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Jaded, when will you have your first mock done?
    I did a couple in that Fanspeak thread.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Dude I'm looking at a bit now is Elijah Qualls, DT. Looks like a big-body dude that plays the game with his eyes as much as his legs. Not sure what I think about him, don't have enough film in yet. I think I'm a fan.
    It's kinda hard to tell with all the hokie bullshit they do with him, I've never paid much attention til you brought him up but I know he abused CU.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

On 104.3, CJ and Stokley are pimpin Christian McCaffrey at 20...hard. Seems early to me. So what I'm going to do is watch some film and report back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm in.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

On 104.3, CJ and Stokley are pimpin Christian McCaffrey at 20...hard. Seems early to me. So what I'm going to do is watch some film and report back.
    There's no way McCaffrey gets past NE in the 1st round. He's exactly the jack of all trades type that Belichick loves. He'd be another Woodhead/Welker crossover. He might get snaps at RB and returning kicks, but I'd bet they'd put him in the slot and he'd be Edelman's heir apparent.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

I love the draft but it sucks to be this invested in it this early with two games left in the season. Just salty that we didn't go to the playoffs.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

He strikes me as a Steve Smith type--shifty, unnatural vision. Earlier it felt like a reach, but I'm fine with it now. He runs with his eyes--he has decent speed and his skills will translate. I'm not dying to have him, there are plenty of great uses of a 1st round pick, but if the Broncos get him at 20 that's not the worst.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Second round, maybe. Broncos have had enough players like him. Dude was the only player Stanford had, he's got a lot of mileage.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

McCaffrey is 205. I don't want a change of pace guy who might not have home run ability at the next level, at least not in the first round

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    McCaffrey is 205. I don't want a change of pace guy who might not have home run ability at the next level, at least not in the first round
    It would be different if he played his college ball in Boise amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    It would be different if he played his college ball in Boise amirite?
    Absolutely

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information