View Poll Results: Who will win Super Bowl 51?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • New England Patriots

14 51.85%
  • Pittsburg Steelers

2 7.41%
  • Houston Texans

0 0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

3 11.11%
  • Dallas Cowboys

1 3.70%
  • Green Bay Packers

1 3.70%
  • Atlanta Falcons

3 11.11%
  • Seattle Seahawks

0 0%
  • A AFC Wild Card Team

1 3.70%
  • A NFC Wild Card Team

2 7.41%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Who will win Superbowl 51?

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I was hoping someone would post the "strength of schedule" from the prior season, those don't mean shit as teams are different each and every season.

They played 2 legitimate playoff teams and lost to one of them, congrats. Please don't counter with "Miami was a playoff team" because they were worse than half the teams in the league but because they play in the same cake walk division the Pats do, they made it in.

EDIT - I take it all back, looking at the schedule, it was weak, but it just made me realized that 80% of the teams in this league are horrible. They better never expand the playoffs.
    Agreed, 80% of the league is garbage, or maybe 70 but yeah

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I was hoping someone would post the "strength of schedule" from the prior season, those don't mean shit as teams are different each and every season.

They played 2 legitimate playoff teams and lost to one of them, congrats. Please don't counter with "Miami was a playoff team" because they were worse than half the teams in the league but because they play in the same cake walk division the Pats do, they made it in.

EDIT - I take it all back, looking at the schedule, it was weak, but it just made me realized that 80% of the teams in this league are horrible. They better never expand the playoffs.
    Pro-football-reference has summary stats about strength of schedule.

For example, the average quality of the Patriots opponents this season was -2.7 and the next softest schedule was the Arizona Cardinals at -1.9. Broncos strength of schedule was 1.8, highest in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

For example, the average quality of the Patriots opponents this season was -2.7 and the next softest schedule was the Arizona Cardinals at -1.9. Broncos strength of schedule was 1.8, highest in the league.
    Yeah, been thinking about that a while: 5 of our 7 losses were to playoff teams (6 if we count Tennessee losing its division on tiebreaks.)

weazel's right they shouldn't expand the playoffs though: The talent's so diluted we have the "parity" of mediocrity. What they ought to do is REDUCE the number of teams, and go back to the 6X5 format where division winners skip Wildcard Weekend while the 4 best also-rans compete for the final spot in the REAL playoffs. It's inaccurate to call the second round "the divisional round" when half the division winners ALREADY played a postseason game just to get there.

Never happen though, because owners would lose 16 games of regular season broadcast and stadium revenue, which would just be unconscionable. #PlayerSafety
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

And yet we still won 9 games...Imagine what we'd have done with the patriots schedule.

7. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That's hilarious. . . and Ocho-cinco-esque.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information