Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Shanahan

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default Kyle Shanahan

Broncos request permission from ATL to interview Kyle Shanahan!

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/02/denver-broncos-head-coaching-search-begins/
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

elway and shanahan, not a good mix!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by vettesplus View Post
    elway and shanahan, not a good mix!!!
    yeah, all those two names ever did was win back-to-back SBs.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following 12 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

yes!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 45m

#Broncos expected to interview Kyle Shanahan on Friday or Saturday. He's interviewing with 4 teams so far. @DenverChannel

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

No..wait. Is he any good? I get the hype, but someone make it obvious for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    No..wait. Is he any good? I get the hype, but someone make it obvious for me.
    He has the potential being his success as an OC, but no one knows how successful he can/will be at HC. It sounds like Mike will tag along.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    He has the potential being his success as an OC, but no one knows how successful he can/will be at HC. It sounds like Mike will tag along.
    Wut? Dad will tag along? Fuq that.

Why is this Shanahan guy any good? I get he has a great QB in Matt Ryan and some great offensive talent, but someone explain why he's worth being a HC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Why is this Shanahan guy any good? I get he has a great QB in Matt Ryan and some great offensive talent, but someone explain why he's worth being a HC.
    Well, Matt Ryan has been on the decline for many years. Still playing well, but regressing. The Falcs have one of the best talents in the game at WR, and some nice backs, but they were putting forth subpar seasons with those guys, and types of guys, for quite some time as well. What should make us happy is that under him his team has improved and played up to their talent. He also has schemed around his players. He's done this while his youngish o-line has developed. So, in that sense, he offers us what we've been lacking in a tailored scheme and development in players.

He has, as far as anyone can tell, as sharp a tactical mind in the league as any of his young peers. While he is the son of a future HoF coach, he's worked his way up the ranks. So he hasn't been handed anything outside of MAYBE a first shot, but once he took that shot he's been dunking on people.

The fact that he can make schemes for his players also speaks to me about his ability to judge talent and identify it.

As of right now he gets four out of a possible five style points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He's the OC for the highest scoring offense in the league and runs a version of his dad's WCO, which makes the transition ideal.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

It almost seems too obvious that he would be the perfect fit. His father was a good offensive coach he just wasn't a good GM and couldn't succeed without a good defensive coordinator.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Well, Matt Ryan has been on the decline for many years. Still playing well, but regressing. The Falcs have one of the best talents in the game at WR, and some nice backs, but they were putting forth subpar seasons with those guys, and types of guys, for quite some time as well. What should make us happy is that under him his team has improved and played up to their talent. He also has schemed around his players. He's done this while his youngish o-line has developed. So, in that sense, he offers us what we've been lacking in a tailored scheme and development in players.

He has, as far as anyone can tell, as sharp a tactical mind in the league as any of his young peers. While he is the son of a future HoF coach, he's worked his way up the ranks. So he hasn't been handed anything outside of MAYBE a first shot, but once he took that shot he's been dunking on people.

The fact that he can make schemes for his players also speaks to me about his ability to judge talent and identify it.

As of right now he gets four out of a possible five style points.

Like McDaniels, the challenge will be managing the personalities, emotions, needs, desires and challenges of 53 plus grown men whos life situations are varied from 22 and single with little money, 35, married, 5 kids and megastar millionaire NFL stud, and everything in between.

Oh....can we mention the handling of the media, the scrutiny and responsibility buck, the 12th man and the front office?

Oh.....can we mention your own family demands?

Kyle is a brilliant hungry mind....and we know he comes from solid stock.....but it will be a growing experience.

So patience will be a must with him.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Well, most places he has been, he has found significant offensive success. Except for the Browns, but hey. He had one season there.

In 2008 and 2009 in Houston he had top 5 offenses both years. The Redskins offense improved significantly under Shanahan. From 18th in 2010 to top 5 in 2012. They were still top 10 even with that crap with RGIII in 2013.

The Falcons improved from 16th in 2015 to 2nd this year.

Hope that helps.

19. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

It seems like the obvious fit would be Kyle Shanahan as HC, and you leave Wade Phillips at DC. I really don't like the idea of messing around with our defense.

21. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I wouldn't mind if Daddy came back too as a consultant or as an advisor.

It would be something I'd like to see.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information