Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Shanahan

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Well, most places he has been, he has found significant offensive success. Except for the Browns, but hey. He had one season there.

In 2008 and 2009 in Houston he had top 5 offenses both years. The Redskins offense improved significantly under Shanahan. From 18th in 2010 to top 5 in 2012. They were still top 10 even with that crap with RGIII in 2013.

The Falcons improved from 16th in 2015 to 2nd this year.

Hope that helps.
    Exactly what I needed, thanks! Sounds like he does with offenses what Wade does with defenses--turns a 31 into a 1 (ranking wise).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

The McDaniels debacle makes me fear having another young coach but I'm impressed with Kyle to date with his work as a OC and figure Elway and company probably already have a pretty good grasp on him as a person and his personality.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Whoever gets the gig I hope they keep Wade.

5. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

I don't want another Shanahan coaching this team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I don't want another Shanahan coaching this team.
    Why not dude?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

There was never a problem with Shanahan the coach except loyalty to sucky defensive coordinators.

There was a big problem with Shanahan the GM.

Kyle Shanahan would only be Shanahan the coach.*To be determined if this Shanahan the coach has loyalty to sucky defensive coordinators.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

One of my concerns about a new HC is this. Which available candidate can come in and get the most out of the QB's currently on the roster? Denver has a unique opportunity in that they aren't spending huge sums of the salary cap at the QB position, thus giving them the opportunity to address teams needs elsewhere. Siemian and Lynch are both talented young QB's with marginal to huge upsides, respectively.

I'd like the new HC to implement an offense familiar to both them. They already spent a year learning the terminology of the WCO. Why waste that year of learning?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Question is always how players respect new coach. How will he earn trust. We have a lot of very strong personalities on this team more so on defense. Which with Kyle as head coach keeping wade makes most sense.

14. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Exactly what I needed, thanks! Sounds like he does with offenses what Wade does with defenses--turns a 31 into a 1 (ranking wise).
    Wade knows how to coach a defense, but wasn't very good as a head coach. Just saying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Wade knows how to coach a defense, but wasn't very good as a head coach. Just saying.
    That would be my concern with K-Shan-he's good with an offense and a QB-but is he a good head coach? Does he have the right personality for that part of the job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Question is always how players respect new coach. How will he earn trust. We have a lot of very strong personalities on this team more so on defense. Which with Kyle as head coach keeping wade makes most sense.
    I think with the Broncos, Elway sets the credibility. There is automatic respect, considering the success and the Lombardis.

Those things carry a lot of power. My concern is getting a guy that is not going to want to change the defense.

Hence the reason I am so confused about the notion of Vance Joseph. He is a defensive guy. That is all he knows and he is not a 3-4 guy. Which means he would not be a Philips guy. Not to mention his only stint as DC has NOT been a good one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    That would be my concern with K-Shan-he's good with an offense and a QB-but is he a good head coach? Does he have the right personality for that part of the job?
    As I said before, I'll trust Elway's ability to choose the best HC. If some of the articles (opinion pieces) are correct, I could see the Shanahan's with the Rams or 9ers. I believe they want their own fingerprints on a team, and I don't see that with the BRONCOS. BRONCOS need a HC to run the team, a great OC/QB whisperer, and keep Wade.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    I think with the Broncos, Elway sets the credibility. There is automatic respect, considering the success and the Lombardis.

Those things carry a lot of power. My concern is getting a guy that is not going to want to change the defense.

Hence the reason I am so confused about the notion of Vance Joseph. He is a defensive guy. That is all he knows and he is not a 3-4 guy. Which means he would not be a Philips guy. Not to mention his only stint as DC has NOT been a good one.
    Joseph branches from the Kubiak/Wade tree. He coached with them in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Why not dude?
    I'd like to see them go in a different direction. His Dad's last few years weren't good. His teams were soft. They routinely got bullied by the better teams in the league.

I know Kyle isn't Mike but that's just how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'd like to see them go in a different direction. His Dad's last few years weren't good. His teams were soft. They routinely got bullied by the better teams in the league.

I know Kyle isn't Mike but that's just how I feel.
    If Kyle legally changes his last name will you be ok then?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information