Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Hire Competition

Default Coaching Hire Competition

Just discussing other openings and who may be interested in certain coaches, to see who may poach whatever coach we are looking at.

Available candidates out there.

Kyle Shanahan
    Vance Joseph
    Tom Coughlin
    Scott Linehan
    Anthony Lynn
    Josh McDaniels
    Rick Dennison
    Jim Harbaugh

Openings:

Buffalo.

This is where Lynn will end up. I think he is worth discussing in the mix at Denver as I think he did well in Buffalo once he took over the offense, but I don't think Buffalo gives him a chance to get on a plane.

Jacksonville.

I think this is where Coughlin goes. I think Jacksonville will wan a guy who can just right the ship and will not want to take a chance on an unproven HC after Bradley. Works for me, I have no interest in Coughlin and feel he is the wrong man for the job here.

LA.

I think LA swings a deal to get Sean Payton. They are looking for an experienced coach and a splashy hire and a guy to mold their young QB. He meets all the requirements.

N.O.

With losing Payton, I think McDaniels is headed to N.O. He will be a good match with Brees and speedy slot guy Cooks. Suits me fine, no interest in a McDaniels rerun.

That basically leaves Denver, SD and SF competing over anyone else.

I think Dennison is out. Only reason I have him here is if Elway wants continuity on the offense. I don't think he goes this direction.

Only team I hear "interested" in Vance Joseph is Denver. We will interview him I am sure but I just can't bring myself to believe Vance is truly a top candidate. Miami's defense really wasn't that good and our own defense wasn't a problem.

I think we go offense.

I am all in on Kyle Shanahan. I think he offers some continuity with a similar offense, but adds creativity and recent success. His birds are flying high right now.

Harbaugh is on the list only because he is always on someone's list. I don't really think he is leaving Michigan.

I have Linehan on the list because of the success Dallas has had this year. How much of that is because of Linehan?

I don't think Kyle will be interested in SD. I just don't think what they have fits the mold of the offense he runs. I think SD will be hiring someone not on my list but Linehan could be a candidate here.

I think it could be close between Denver and SF for Kyle.

Will SF want to take a chance on a young HC after the failed marriage with Harbaugh and horrible hires of Tomsula and Kelly? Will they, like Jacksonville, want someone who can just come in and right the ship? I think they will want someone not on my list. On top of this, does Kyle even want a total reclamation project as his first gig?

I think we have the best chance of getting him, assuming John wants to go this direction.

Dark Horse.

Indy.

Most things I read indicate Pagano is currently safe because of the cost to get rid of him. If this changes, Kyle goes here. Luck would be a dream QB for Kyle.
    Last edited by Rick; 01-01-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Good post...I'll throw it out there that McCoy is available now too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Most big names like having full player roster control and elway will not allow that. So that may trim the options. Also depending on who their coordinators are as well. 3-4 defense is perfect for our roster. 4-3 wnot fit and would ask miller to be de again and ray would be moved to a back up and would need more coverage LB.

And if the report that wade philips has an invite to rwmain as DC then coach would need to accept that

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don't think anyone will be interested in McCoy. If anything, I see him back in some role under Fox.

5. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

My vote goes to Frank "Stiff" Sardoni Jr.

/thread
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Most big names like having full player roster control and elway will not allow that. So that may trim the options. Also depending on who their coordinators are as well. 3-4 defense is perfect for our roster. 4-3 wnot fit and would ask miller to be de again and ray would be moved to a back up and would need more coverage LB.

And if the report that wade philips has an invite to rwmain as DC then coach would need to accept that
    Would imagine any coach would want Wade to say on, outside of that one control freak coach we had for a few games, can't remember his name now. McDeveroux or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't think anyone will be interested in McCoy. If anything, I see him back in some role under Fox.
    I agree with you, but I think he's a good coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yeah, Bill McDeveroux was his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I think you meant Jim Harbaugh but I don't think Jim or John are serious candidates. They're both head coaches in cushy gigs already.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

You are correct, I meant Jim.

I agree, I don't see him going back to the NFL, but as he is always on everyone's list I tossed him there.

Another name mentioned in another thread by some is Jim Bob Cooter. The success he has had with both Manning and Stafford, that rings Rivers to me. I could see that has a very good fit while SD maximizes the time he has left.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I would like this hire as well. Chargers play tuff mostly. A lot of injuries and just a difficult city to play in. They are always an away team.

McCoy did a great job playing to players strengths (Tebow) he can put whoever our QB is a a good situation
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

I think it is possible SD could also consider Austin and try and*build a competitive tough defense.

Either way, I do not think SD is completion for Kyle if that is*who we are trying for.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

McCoy sure has come a long way since he was the guy holding Tebow back, iirc, his play calling sucks too.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

You forgot to add Jon Gruden.

I really didn't think Dennison had a shot but didn't know what Elway was planning in regards to continuity.

We can officially rule Dennison out, Elway was asked if anyone on the current staff was being considered for HC and he said no.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information