Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I wonder if there will be ANY changes in the coaching staff for next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Default I wonder if there will be ANY changes in the coaching staff for next year.

I see there is shared play calling between Knapp and Dennsion and Kubiak. Is that weird? I am not saying Kubiak needs to go, but I think changes NEED to be made. Whatever they have been doing FOR TWO YEARS has not been working. Not at all, with the exception of a small handful of games.

Yes, I do certainly think the OL needs to be upgraded, but let us go away from that obvious problem for a moment.

Is it me, or have they not made ANY sort of adjustment based on the lack of ability of the OL to run the offense they want to run? At what point do they have to do something else that fits the talent? I know that sounds ridiculous, but didnt we all witness that with McCoy and Tebow in 2011? They basically scrapped the whole play book and made something that fit Tebow. I know, Tebow is a bad name to bring up, but it does illustrate my point.

I am honestly wondering how much of the problem is talent on the line and how much of it is coaching (play calling.) How frustrated have we been (for two years now) watching this offense just spin its wheels?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

I hope we at least change OC and o-line coach. You don't even really need to fire them. Move Barone back to TE's and Dennison to o-line and then get a real OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I hope we at least change OC and o-line coach. You don't even really need to fire them. Move Barone back to TE's and Dennison to o-line and then get a real OC.
    Are you opposed to them being fired? I'm not calling for them to be fired, I'm just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Are you opposed to them being fired? I'm not calling for them to be fired, I'm just curious.
    Truthfully, I'd prefer they were, but, I know that Kubiak is....overly loyal. Neither are bad coaches, but neither belong in their current positions. They are much better coaching what the know well.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Truthfully, I'd prefer they were, but, I know that Kubiak is....overly loyal. Neither are bad coaches, but neither belong in their current positions. They are much better coaching what the know well.
    I like you. You can stay.

#buddingfriendship
    #freyakafriend
    #hashtag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Whatever they have been doing FOR TWO YEARS has not been working. Not at all, with the exception of a small handful of games.
    It's been FAR longer than TWO YEARS, else Fox would still be here. It's not Kubiaks (nor Foxs, nor even Barones) fault Elway remains convinced elite linemen remain available in the 3rd and 4th rounds despite major sports publications running articles about how far offensive line play has fallen off GENERALLY in the modern NFL.
    The above notwithstanding (and once again) WE ALREADY DID THAT: Barone graduated from crappy line coach to crappy TE coach before returning to crappy line coach. Kubiak was a fine playcaller and Dennison a fine OC for highly productive well-balanced Broncos, Texans and Ravens offenses while Barones Denver TEs and offensive linemen were struggling to crack 20 pts/gm: THEY aren't the problem.

Sadly—and however much some posters like to ignore itwe ALL know who hires coaches, makes draft picks, signs FAs and releases starters (hint: NOT Gary Kubiak, Rick Dennison nor even Clancy Barone; sure, they all have "input" but THE "decider" is precisely that.)
    Last edited by Joel; 12-26-2016 at 12:48 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

At least we get a top 20 pick, and with a likely 3rd round comp pick for Oz we can probably parlay that into a top 10. I look forward to seeing whom we use it on to be our 5th All Pro OLB/CB next year while we draft another 3rd round starting OT and a pair of guys NO ONE ELSE WANTS to fill out the rest of our starting line.

Most impressive thing about how Kubiak's destroyed our offense since he took over in 2015? "He's" been doing it to us since (at least) 2010.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Elway is not Kubiak, and judging by the look on Elway's face tonight it's safe to assume heads will roll.

This was not "kicking and screaming"

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Elway remains convinced elite linemen remain available in the 3rd and 4th rounds despite major sports publications running articles about how far offensive line play has fallen off GENERALLY in the modern NFL
    His ignorance of O-line talent has finally caught up with him now that Denver has missed the playoffs. He has passed up some decent to good O-linemen up the past four years:

Cordy Glenn
    Gabe Jackson
    Ali Marpet
    Shaq Mason

Instead of those guys, here are some of the people John has taken:

Philip Blake
    Vinston Painter
    Michael Schofield
    Ty Sambrailo

Not a pretty picture.

Also, it's possible that he hung on to Oz as the potential "QB of the future" for too long. He probably should have been looking at someone like Carr or Jimmy G. as a serious replacement by 2014. Or, after drafting Ray, Marpet, and Mason in the first three rounds in 2015, Elway should have taken QB Brett Hundley in Round 4. He is more promising than Siemian, and even maybe Lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Elway is not Kubiak, and judging by the look on Elway's face tonight it's safe to assume heads will roll.

This was not "kicking and screaming"
    Yeah: All the players Elway hired to replace the previous failed starters he signed/drafted. He's not gonna fire the guy who actually DOES the drafting and FA signing, because guess who that is. I still think it's a combination of that and Barone, but he's lasted through THREE Denver coaches AND as many GMs, despite consistently underperforming TEs/linemen, so appears to know far more about how to keep his job than DO it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If they were fired I don't think there's one position coach on this offense that could feel confident about finding another job after this season.

After a while Wade Phillips came to the obvious conclusion that he's just not a HC, if at this point Dennison and Barone haven't taken inventory and come to the conclusion that they're just not cut out for their current positions then they're obscenely stupid. I've been willing to give Dennison the benefit of the doubt because the OL is so ****ing impotent but the whole "Co-coordinator" thing never works and Dennison's "half" of the puzzle is where they're most inept.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yeah: All the players Elway hired to replace the previous failed starters he signed/drafted. He's not gonna fire the guy who actually DOES the drafting and FA signing, because guess who that is. I still think it's a combination of that and Barone, but he's lasted through THREE Denver coaches AND as many GMs, despite consistently underperforming TEs/linemen, so appears to know far more about how to keep his job than DO it.
    Kubiak and position coaches are involved in the selection process.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    His ignorance of O-line talent has finally caught up with him now that Denver has missed the playoffs. He has passed up some decent to good O-linemen up the past four years:

Cordy Glenn
    Gabe Jackson
    Ali Marpet
    Shaq Mason

Philip Blake
    Vinston Painter
    Michael Schofield
    Ty Sambrailo

Not a pretty picture.

Also, it's possible that he hung on to Oz as the potential "QB of the future" for too long. He probably should have been looking at someone like Carr or Jimmy G. as a serious replacement by 2014. Or, after drafting Ray, Marpet, and Mason in the first three rounds in 2015, Elway should have taken QB Brett Hundley in Round 4. He is more promising than Siemian, and even maybe Lynch.
    Dude, **** Marpet and Mason, the Broncos have better prospects.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Hes won the division 5 times wit two super bowl runs.

Take your amateur talent evulations and shove them up your gigantic colon
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Cordy Glenn
    Gabe Jackson
    Ali Marpet
    Shaq Mason
    Only ONE of those guys is an OT, but heres where each was drafted: 41st overall (the lone OT, Glenn,) 81st overall, 61st overall, 131st overall.

Philip Blake
    Vinston Painter
    Michael Schofield
    Ty Sambrailo
    Only one of THOSE guys is a G, but here's where each of THEM was drafted: 108th overall (the lone G,) 173rd overall, 95th overall, 59th overall.

So Elways talent Evaluation is IRRELEVANT: He "couldn't" have drafted ANY of the first four since his POSITION valuation had already spent those picks on positions he prioritized higher. That's why we have Shaq Barrett and Shane Ray to take over when Von or Ware need a rest, and Roby and Webster when Talib's in street clothes because he injured himself accidentally or an opponent intentionally, but have NO starting linemen worthy of the name. Sambrailo was the ONLY 2nd round pick we spent on a lineman, and even that was the year after we made the SB (i.e. he was the PENULTIMATE 2nd round pick, just TWO spots above the top 3rd round pick.) Elway won't lop off the head that made all THOSE calls, because it—like the consequences of those calls—rests squarely on his own shoulders.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information