Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we fix this team in 2017?

Default How do we fix this team in 2017?

I was discussing this with some friends earlier. We all know that Kubiak's biggest flaw is that he's too loyal to screw ups. The biggest problem we have is we've got coaches operating outside their depth. Barone isn't an o-line coach, Dennison is a garbage OC. The biggest steps we could take to right the ship is this.

1. Move Barone back to TE's. He's not a bad TE coach, but he clearly can't coach o-line...
    2. Move Dennison to o-line coach. Again, he's a crap OC. He has no business doing it, but he can coach the o-line. He was the o-line coach from 2001-2005 and again in 2009.
    3. Take away Kubiak's control over the offense. Kubiak is a good HC, but he needs to focus on that and only that.
    4. Bring in a true OC to run the offense. My dream option would be to hire Kyle Shannahan as the Assistance Head Coach/OC.
    5. Drive Jordan Norwood off a cliff in a pinto.

This solves two issues. We don't upset Kube's loyalty (which is a good and a bad thing) but we also start utilizing people in areas that they are strong rather than taking a guys with little or bad experience in a position and making them in charge of that area.

What things do you think we could do to have a better year in 2017?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Karl Mecklenburg, Tom Jackson, and Rulon Jones

Can you even find a Pinto that still runs?
    I have been a fan since 1960....
    Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin
    bronconut/AGap "im just...being an ass rjent."

4. The Following User High Fived rjent For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rjent View Post
    Can you even find a Pinto that still runs?
    I mean it doesn't need to run really. We could tie him to the seat and let the defense push him over, I'm not sure that they would need a lot of incentive.

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

1) Fix the Oline, that must be priority one. Whether you draft a couple or get them through FA its got to happen.

2) RB- I like Forsett, CJ, and Booker but im not convinced any of them are really game changers. McCaffery is projected as a first but as the 3rd ranked RB to got that round. If Denver doesnt see a Lineman they like i think Christian would be a good selection.

3) As Mike suggested, Kubes needs to relieve his play calling duties to an actual OC. We just are not creative enough in schemes and to me very predictable on offense.

4) LB- I still think we need a playmaker on the inside. Im not super impressed with our LB corp at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    1) Fix the Oline, that must be priority one. Whether you draft a couple or get them through FA its got to happen.

2) RB- I like Forsett, CJ, and Booker but im not convinced any of them are really game changers. McCaffery is projected as a first but as the 3rd ranked RB to got that round. If Denver doesnt see a Lineman they like i think Christian would be a good selection.

3) As Mike suggested, Kubes needs to relieve his play calling duties to an actual OC. We just are not creative enough in schemes and to me very predictable on offense.

4) LB- I still think we need a playmaker on the inside. Im not super impressed with our LB corp at the moment.
    I think I agree on all points. I'd love to have McCaffery here, the Raiders want him, but we pick before they do

9. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Problem is, is "WE" can't do shit about it. But it sure is fun to talk about!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Problem is, is "WE" can't do shit about it. But it sure is fun to talk about!
    Obviously we can't do anything, but it's the offseason. Gotta have something to talk about in the offseason (yes... I know, season "technically" isn't over, but it is...)

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

****en sick of this shit. There are two games still to play and fixing the team in 2017 can't start until 2016 is done. Hold off until we see how we finish. I'm just pist LOL
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    ****en sick of this shit. There are two games still to play and fixing the team in 2017 can't start until 2016 is done. Hold off until we see how we finish. I'm just pist LOL
    If you think we are anything other than out of the playoffs, that's fine. But we're done...All that's left to figure out is our final record, but the season is basically over.

Honestly I'm not even mad about it. Seasons like this have to happen every now and then, we've had years of success in a row, we'll rebuild, reload and come back hard next season.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

The line needs to be upgraded. Some of that has to come from better personnel. Some of it has to come from better scheming. Some of it has to come from player development.

We need better playcalling. It's not cutting it. We call games in listless and tepid ways. Dogfish said it best by calling it uninspired.

Kubiak needs to decide if he's conservative or aggressive. One week he's kicking long bomb field goals and the next week he's wasting timeouts and kneeling while giving up a FG shot.

We need more than one good runningback. It's embarrassing that we don't have that. FFS, the Cleveland Browns arguably have that.

We need development on the middle of the DL. Sly Williams has become a turd. He can kick rocks and suck cocks for all I care.

A TE who is competent would be nice. Green is trash and should be given up on. Darby might be a guy, but he's had some fumbles and awful drops. I think it would be foolish to write him off OR expect him to be the real deal.

Our returnman isn't on the team.

We carry far too many shitty WR's. Lattimer is garbage. Norwood is super garbage. We need less garbage at that position. We would be so ****** if DT or ES missed a lot of games.

Ultimately, the offense needs a strong reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

19. The Following 7 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

We are not done but the odds are heavily stacked against us right now. Not only do we have to win the last 2 games but we need help in other areas as well. Its not really a bad thing to start thinking about how to improve the team next year whether we are able to make the playoffs or not. The team has some very glaring needs and it was already a long shot to repeat anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    We are not done but the odds are heavily stacked against us right now. Not only do we have to win the last 2 games but we need help in other areas as well. Its not really a bad thing to start thinking about how to improve the team next year whether we are able to make the playoffs or not. The team has some very glaring needs and it was already a long shot to repeat anyway.
    And as was mentioned above, we as fans can't do anything. This is just a discussion of what could be done. Very little of it likely will be done.

22. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

We need more scrub wide receivers at the expense of other positions of need.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Step one; trade Trevor Siemian for a 12-pack and large pizza.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    We need more scrub wide receivers at the expense of other positions of need.
    Thank you!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information