Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we fix this team in 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Ryan Ramcyk is making 1st rnd noise but I think he just injured himself. Plus, he's from Wisconsin, they have a lot of bust OP lately.

Garett Boles is a sleeper right now, he moves like a TE, but he's from Utah. Ugh.
    What about that G from Notre Dame?

Guys it's not always about first round talent. Second round talent often works out, too. Jonathan Cooper was supposedly the greatest guard prospect of all-time and he could barely start for this team. There are going to be real free agents out there, and we will have the draft.

It'll be alright. I promise it'll be alright.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Guys it's not always about first round talent. Second round talent often works out, too. Jonathan Cooper was supposedly the greatest guard prospect of all-time and he could barely start for this team. There are going to be real free agents out there, and we will have the draft.

You're right, it's not, it's about the right talent. But Denver hasn't tried an offensive lineman in the first round in eight years. Seeing the needs of this team, it would be a good year to try that route as second round and free agency hasn't done much.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You're right, it's not, it's about the right talent. But Denver hasn't tried an offensive lineman in the first round in eight years. Seeing the needs of this team, it would be a good year to try that route as second round and free agency hasn't done much.
    When that other team I used to root for turned the franchise around it did start with a ginger at QB and a stylegod at WR. At the time they had to contend with a budding Steelers offense, the longball Ravens, and a league moving towards the passing game. They signed in FA a bunch of corners. Some young, some old, some talented, others not to much. But they brought in a lot of corners and safeties. Jonathan Joseph, Leon Hall, Newton, Williams, Pacman, Iloka, Reggie Williams, and a bunch of other guys I can barely recall. The answer was found in bringing in a lot of guys and tinkering around with it.

It worked out well. That awful team with that awful owner, fans, coach, and city, did not reach. If there wasn't a top flight secondary guy -even though they jerked it to secondary players- they didn't reach. I doubt that Elway will reach. So if that means we take a guard in the first, I'm cool. If that means in the first round we draft a run stuffing nightmare, I'm cool.

There are almost always older guys who have a few years left in the tank, too. Whitworth would instantly be the best guy on the line. I'm lobbying for that. Even for depth, he's been a guard and LT. That's just an example. Honestly, a first round guard is dope, too.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    What about that G from Notre Dame?
    He's getting 1st rnd talk but he's a Redshirt Soph, I don't know if he comes out.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You are the worst nihilist ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You are the worst nihilist ever
    You wanna know a real secret?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You wanna know a real secret?
    Maybe?

I'm still content knowing John Elway is in charge and not any of these other ********* around the league. Every move he makes he's doing it to win a super bowl. Not to sell tickets and make money. The guy wants to win. More importantly he wants to win with the Denver Broncos. #InElwayITrust

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I was discussing this with some friends earlier. We all know that Kubiak's biggest flaw is that he's too loyal to screw ups. The biggest problem we have is we've got coaches operating outside their depth. Barone isn't an o-line coach, Dennison is a garbage OC. The biggest steps we could take to right the ship is this.

1. Move Barone back to TE's. He's not a bad TE coach, but he clearly can't coach o-line...
    Yeah, he is; his best "TE" was a puffed up WR who "can't block the sun out of his eyes." We KNOW he can't coach TEs because (wait for it...) that's what he was doing for us the FIRST time we moved him to the offensive line (i.e. before we moved him BACK to TEs last time.)

2. Move Dennison to o-line coach. Again, he's a crap OC. He has no business doing it, but he can coach the o-line. He was the o-line coach from 2001-2005 and again in 2009.
    He was also the OC when Kubiak left for Houston, and the OC there when Shanny and the rest of his staff were axed in favor of McDumbass and his. He ran quite productive offenses in both Denver AND Houston—but since Barone was one of the guys McDumbass brought to Denver, Dennison didn't have that handicap then.

3. Take away Kubiak's control over the offense. Kubiak is a good HC, but he needs to focus on that and only that.
    Funny, most folks seem to feel it's the other way around, but Kubiak was a good enough OC to win back-to-back SBs in Denver, and reach a third AFCCG before his OC talents got him promoted to HC in Houston (the sole reason Dennison replaced him as our OC.)

4. Bring in a true OC to run the offense. My dream option would be to hire Kyle Shannahan as the Assistance Head Coach/OC.
    Dennison's proven a fine OC in two different cities, and Kyle Shanahan's already GOT a pretty OC gig in Atlanta, running that "obsolete" ZBS system to great effect, so we can't hire him away since it would be a lateral move.

5. Drive Jordan Norwood off a cliff in a pinto.
    NOW we're on the same page.

What things do you think we could do to have a better year in 2017?
    Draft OTs higher than 56th overall, and Gs higher than 95th. It's better to have five quality linemen and a pair of quality OLBs (or CBs) than five quality OLBs (or CBs) and a pair of quality linemen (not that we even have THAT many.) That's not an exaggeration either: I've heard more than a few posters rave about Lorenzo Doss and Dekoda Watson, but they're BOTH #5 on a depth chart with only TWO starters. Meanwhile Schofield's battling Sambrailo for a different starting spot.

Oh, and bounce Barone: The SOLE consistency in his SEVEN tenure as TE coach, then line coach, then TE coach, then line coach is that our TEs AND line have ALWAYS sucked, under THREE head coaches AND three GMS. Insanity is doing the same thing for seven years and blaming the coaches you just hired LAST year.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Maybe?
    You killed the moment. I was going to give you insight into the real me. But you, you did me dirtier than the vag of a Raiders fan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You killed the moment. I was going to give you insight into the real me. But you, you did me dirtier than the vag of a Raiders fan.
    Don't be so dramatic.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Don't be so dramatic.
    I'm eating chips and drinking a soda. It's hard to be dramatic doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Draft OTs higher than 56th overall, and Gs higher than 95th. It's better to have five quality linemen and a pair of quality OLBs (or CBs) than five quality OLBs (or CBs) and a pair of quality linemen (not that we even have THAT many.) That's not an exaggeration either: I've heard more than a few posters rave about Lorenzo Doss and Dekoda Watson, but they're BOTH #5 on a depth chart with only TWO starters. Meanwhile Schofield's battling Sambrailo for a different starting spot.

Oh, and bounce Barone: The SOLE consistency in his SEVEN tenure as TE coach, then line coach, then TE coach, then line coach is that our TEs AND line have ALWAYS sucked, under THREE head coaches AND three GMS. Insanity is doing the same thing for seven years and blaming the coaches you just hired LAST year.
    Oh, I imagine about 1/2 the teams in the NFL are thinking of doing that. Meanwhile, according to Broncos Insider Cecil Lammey, the draft guru, this is a below average draft for OL and a bunch of teams desperately needing them.

I imagine college going to the spread offenses everywhere does not help the development of NFL ready OL.

I think we have to face the fact that it's going to take multiple years to rebuild the OL. It has been a cancer on the team for the entire Manning era, and it just got worse this season when there was no Peyton with a lightning release to get rid of the ball when the RT just completely whiffs on his man and lets him come running through unblocked. Or the LT, or the RG or the LG. . . .

I say we get Cordarrelle Patterson to be a return man and WR depth.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information