Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Broncos 2017 Schedule

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Default Broncos 2017 Schedule

Regardless of the results of their final two games, the Broncos and Bengals are both set to finish third overall in their respective divisions this season. That means Denver will face Cincinnati in 2017, as team reporter Andrew Mason noted on Monday.
    In addition to playing the AFC West, AFC East and NFC East, the Broncos are scheduled to host an AFC North opponent (which we now know will be Cincinnati) and face an AFC South opponent on the road.

The AFC South opponent will be whoever finishes third place in that division this season. It will come down to the Texans (8-6), Titans (8-6) and Colts (7-7). To recap, the Broncos will face the following teams in 2017:
    Games at home:
    Chiefs
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Patriots
    Jets
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Bengals

Games on the road:
    Chiefs
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Eagles
    Redskins
    Titans or Texans or Colts

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016...ost-finalized/
    Last edited by Magnificent Seven; 12-23-2016 at 09:51 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Always the friggin' Patriots...

AFC East and NFC East. Expect a lot of frequent flyer miles and 11 am starts.

Say, King. How did the Cincinnati Bengals get their name?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post

The one year we could avoid them due to record we end up with them due to division. It's a good game to have on the schedule I think.

Anyone know how they determine home/away games against other divisions like AFC EAst/NFC East

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    The one year we could avoid them due to record we end up with them due to division. It's a good game to have on the schedule I think.

Anyone know how they determine home/away games against other divisions like AFC EAst/NFC East
    It's a rotating schedule - kind of complicated to explain but easy to follow. The easiest way to figure it is to look at the last time we played those divisions and flip the home and away games. Like, in 2013, we played the Giants and Cowboys on the road, so this year we play them at home. And in 2021, it'll be the other way, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    It's a rotating schedule - kind of complicated to explain but easy to follow. The easiest way to figure it is to look at the last time we played those divisions and flip the home and away games. Like, in 2013, we played the Giants and Cowboys on the road, so this year we play them at home. And in 2021, it'll be the other way, etc.
    Gotcha, so I'm assuming we play the Patriots at home because the last time we played the AFC East we played at NE. Saw we played them at home this year too so was surprised to see them at home next year also.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Gotcha, so I'm assuming we play the Patriots at home because the last time we played the AFC East we played at NE. Saw we played them at home this year too so was surprised to see them at home next year also.
    That is correct - the years we play a whole division are set to flip flop like I said. So we're playing the Patriots in Denver because the last time we played the whole AFC East, the game was in NE. In the intervening years, we play the team who finishes in the same spot in their division (and since we've finished first so many years in a row and so did the Patriots, it feels like we play them all the time). So in 2017, it's home to AFC North team, at AFC South team. This year, when we played the south, it was home to AFC East team, at AFC North team. In 2015, it was home to AFC East team, at AFC South team. For some reason, they have it set that you can play the same corresponding team at home multiple years in a row - this is why the last two years have been in Denver, yet in 2012 and 2013, that game was in NE. Like I said, kind of complex, but it does even out over a long period of time.

I really really really hope we play in Tennessee again.

9. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post

Cincinnati Zoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Cincinnati Zoo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1317.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	9930

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Ban Dan!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1317.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	9930

I've always wanted to see a team called the Gorillas in the NFL. There are enough cat-themed teams but none about apes. Headline writers would have a field day.

Make them the Cincinnati Harambes! Fans would go ape wanting the new apparel.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Move the Raiders to Compton and name them the Compton Silverbacks. The Washington Redskins could use a break, it's ok to be racist again.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Move the Raiders to Compton and name them the Compton Silverbacks. The Washington Redskins could use a break, it's ok to be racist again.
    What the hell man that's just wrong! It's the Compton SilverBLACKS! But that might be mistaken for being racist so they should go with the safer SilverAfricanAmericans.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I plan to be in Buffalo

Thanks MasterShake!!!

So Denver finished 3rd while the Titans finished 2nd but DenverBroncos.com has us playing in Tennessee instead of Indy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information