Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rejoice, TFS is here to stay

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Default Rejoice, TFS is here to stay

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...qb-beyond-2016

Please ignore my troll thread title, just read the article!!!

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Things change and i stand by my stance that Denver will probably move on to Lynch next year otherwise it was a complete waste of a draft pick (unless they feel they can trade him to another team). Either way, they are going to have to address that Oline problem and make it a priority.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Things change and i stand by my stance that Denver will probably move on to Lynch next year otherwise it was a complete waste of a draft pick (unless they feel they can trade him to another team). Either way, they are going to have to address that Oline problem and make it a priority.
    I know, "tebow is our starter"....."hello Peyton, goodbye Timmy"

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Unless we see massive improvement from Lynch this offseason, I think Trevor has to be the guy heading into 2017.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Unless we see massive improvement from Lynch this offseason, I think Trevor has to be the guy heading into 2017.
    I agree. If Lynch is going to win the starting job it'll be in 2018 IMO. Which will be good timing because we will be at a point where we need to decide if we're resigning Trevor or moving on with Lynch.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Oh, and TFS approves this message

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm fine with this. TS has frustrated me at times but he's also shown flashes of brilliance at times. He is definitely smart and athletic. I hope some of the things that I don't like such as taking the easy throw almost every time, will be fixed as the OL gets fixed. I wouldn't mind seeing what TS can do behind a competent OL.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Somewhere Lynch12 is losing his shit right about now.....

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm fine with this. TS has frustrated me at times but he's also shown flashes of brilliance at times. He is definitely smart and athletic. I hope some of the things that I don't like such as taking the easy throw almost every time, will be fixed as the OL gets fixed. I wouldn't mind seeing what TS can do behind a competent OL.
    The thing to think about. A lot of young QB's have a problem with checking down too quickly. This is compounded when you have a horrid o-line. It's not something that a QB cannot grow from especially if they are a smart QB and Trevor has shown at least to me that he has a good understanding of the game.

I am excited to see what he looks like after another offseason taking starter reps, but the checkdown issue, that's something that can be coached out of a young QB.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The beautiful thing is the Broncos can take their time on this. Both Lynch and Siemian are getting paid peanuts while we figure out who is the long-term answer. We don't have to rush anything, and we don't have to put our chips in on someone like Tony Romo. And if Lynch turns out to be the guy, great. We have someone who can steer the ship until then. If not, then we have trade bait. There are several teams that would kill to be in our position. Personally I have become invested in Siemian and I don't know why. You can feel his absence when he misses games and the rest of the team seems to rally around him. What I don't want is another Cutler scenario where "the guy" of the future is put in before he is ready or without earning it. Bottom line is that Siemian has earned the starting QB position until proven otherwise. Now lets spend some money on an O-line!

20. The Following 10 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The beautiful thing is the Broncos can take their time on this. Both Lynch and Siemian are getting paid peanuts while we figure out who is the long-term answer. We don't have to rush anything, and we don't have to put our chips in on someone like Tony Romo. And if Lynch turns out to be the guy, great. We have someone who can steer the ship until then. If not, then we have trade bait. There are several teams that would kill to be in our position. Personally I have become invested in Siemian and I don't know why. You can feel his absence when he misses games and the rest of the team seems to rally around him. What I don't want is another Cutler scenario where "the guy" of the future is put in before he is ready or without earning it. Bottom line is that Siemian has earned the starting QB position until proven otherwise. Now lets spend some money on an O-line!
    I know what you mean about becoming invested and not knowing why. Over on the official forums I would mock and sarcastically belittle anyone that suggested in pre-season that Trevor would win the starting job. I was convinced that this was the most absurd notion possible. I figured for sure it would be Sanchez (HA!) or Lynch that would win it. Then about game 3 of the preseason I basically ate my crow and decided I liked our chances with the kid. He's grown on me week by week since then.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah, I fully expect a real QB competition next training camp. There's no need to rush or make a snap judgment, especially now when we're still playing this season. I'm sure the plan was to be ready to play Lynch next year, and that may still happen, but I think Siemian's play (and Lynch's) has left the door open for another year of Siemian. It will be one of those guys, though, which is why I say no to Romo. We need to spend our money elsewhere and see where we're at then.

24. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think Lynch sits for another season

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

26. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Yeah, I fully expect a real QB competition next training camp. There's no need to rush or make a snap judgment, especially now when we're still playing this season. I'm sure the plan was to be ready to play Lynch next year, and that may still happen, but I think Siemian's play (and Lynch's) has left the door open for another year of Siemian. It will be one of those guys, though, which is why I say no to Romo. We need to spend our money elsewhere and see where we're at then.
    The situation is really an ideal one. If Trevor wins the starting job, and Lynch continues to grow we could end up with Lynch in 2018 and trade Trevor, or we could keep Trevor and trade Lynch. It's really one of the most ideal situations we could possibly be in, we end up with Trevor, who shows promise and a 1st round draft pick that other teams will clamor over simply because of where he was drafted. We get to decide which one we want and we can deal off the other if we choose.

28. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont think you keep a first round QB on the bench for 2 seasons. Its not like he is sitting behind Peyton Manning right now so he isnt going to really learn anything from watching Trevor and its just too much value sitting there when that pick could of been spent on Oline or somewhere else last year. Im not sold that we will have both QB's here next year, yes, North has spoken and made a proclamation. One of those guys will be traded next season.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information