Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Locker Room Finally Fractures

Default Locker Room Finally Fractures

When the beaten Broncos spilled into the locker room, before the door was opened to reporters and other outsiders, coach Gary Kubiak gathered his players and asked if anyone wanted to address the team. Veteran left tackle Russell Okung, who signed with the Broncos last March, stepped forward to speak, and cornerback Aqib Talib strongly objected. According to several witnesses, that set off a spirited shouting match between the team's defensive backs and offensive linemen -- one which Kubiak had to diffuse before it turned ugly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ss-to-patriots
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

2. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

GEM

Broncos secondary = best in the game and one of the best secondaries ever.

Broncos offensive line = pathetic pile of dookie. Not sure if it is an all-time shitshow, but one of the worst in the league.

I don't blame Talib for going off. He probably shouldn't have done it. But knowing that the offense is killing you, and knowing that the line is the biggest part of that, I wouldn't want to hear any lineman say shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The lockerroom probably fractured a long time ago.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Broncos secondary = best in the game and one of the best secondaries ever.

Broncos offensive line = pathetic pile of dookie. Not sure if it is an all-time shitshow, but one of the worst in the league.

I don't blame Talib for going off. He probably shouldn't have done it. But knowing that the offense is killing you, and knowing that the line is the biggest part of that, I wouldn't want to hear any lineman say shit.
    This is hard to process, because frankly we have no idea what the locker room looks like after a loss. But, I guess I don't even understand this as a motivational tactic by Kubiak (but I fully admit it's possible he does this after every loss). Its long past confessionals from the group that ****** the game up.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

It might have been a classic rah-rah lets rally around one another type shit. No one wants to rally around an offensive line that shits the bed and then rolls around in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It might have been a classic rah-rah lets rally around one another type shit. No one wants to rally around an offensive line that shits the bed and then rolls around in it.
    Nobody wants to hear that passed (past?) the high school level, especially if it's coming from a position that is so thoroughly inept.

Btw, speaking of Okung, if you want a good laugh go watch the that holding call on him that put Denver in 2nd and 18 on the opening 3rd qtr drive. It's criminal to make that call, but such is NFL Officiating.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Good. The defense should be pissed off at an offense that can't help the team, itself and more often than not strands the defense on the field for long portions of the game.

I hope that Talib bitch slapped Norwood a few times too.
    Go Broncos!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

There was a 2nd and 10 play where the Broncos lined up 3-wide with a TE inline in shotgun and ran the ball vs a SIX man defensive front and got 2 ****ing yards. It was the play before DT dropped an easy/perfect pass.

This happens every week, this is the playcalling that the Broncos own OL have campaigned against, saying "it's not working". It doesn't get any easier than a six on six run play. Utterly pathetic.

It isn't a stretch to suggest that practicing against the Broncos OL has contributed to the defenses issue at stopping the run. They play against this group all week and must think they're invincible.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I can't say I'm surprised by this. My only surprise is how tame it seems to be. This was basically the season. This is the superbowl, effectively, and 3 points at home?

Yeah, I'd be pissed to.

15. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

"We did dominate them," Ward said of the Patriots, "but when they don't have to pass, No Fly kinda gets eradicated, so we've got to try to make plays in other areas ... strip the ball, whatever. But it's tough when they don't have to pass the ball.

"You've got to be in a position to make plays, but teams don't even have to throw the ball on us. If they're not in a position to throw, it's hard to get an interception. And even when they run, their running backs have two hands on the ball, so it's hard to make plays (against) the run."
    #NoNeedToFlyZone

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Technically, Denver could win their 2 remaining games and still make the playoffs so not all hope is lost. Frankly, im surprised NE didnt beat us by a bigger margin but i can understand why the defense is a little more than frustrated at this point.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

if you told me before the season started that the Patriots would come to Denver and score 16 points, Brady would not throw for many yards, and Blount would be held in check, I would wonder how badly the Broncos blew them out. Now, with the offense we have seen this year, I'm not the least bit surprised that it's a loss, and it wasn't even close.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    if you told me before the season started that the Patriots would come to Denver and score 16 points, Brady would not throw for many yards, and Blount would be held in check, I would wonder how badly the Broncos blew them out. Now, with the offense we have seen this year, I'm not the least bit surprised that it's a loss, and it wasn't even close.
    Yeah, if you offered me the option to accept 16 pts before the game, I would have bit your hand off

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

O-line was garbage last year too, I suspect the only thing that stopped the defense from snapping last year was the fact that Peyton Manning was in the locker room. We lack leadership on Offense. DT will never be the leader of the Offense, that's not who he is. Trevor Siemian is too young and too inexperienced to be that guy. Offense is lost, and Kubiak has not solved the problem. Every week I think to myself, is this the week we find our offense and score 24+ pts? Nope, we retract.

25. The Following 5 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    O-line was garbage last year too, I suspect the only thing that stopped the defense from snapping last year was the fact that Peyton Manning was in the locker room. We lack leadership on Offense. DT will never be the leader of the Offense, that's not who he is. Trevor Siemian is too young and too inexperienced to be that guy. Offense is lost, and Kubiak has not solved the problem. Every week I think to myself, is this the week we find our offense and score 24+ pts? Nope, we retract.

Pretty much my feeling. No one has taken charge of that offense and normally QB is where you go to look but if that guy isnt that type of player than someone else needs to step up but i just dont see anyone on offense willing to be that guy.

27. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information