Thread: Rumor: Trent Baalke could end up with Broncos

Default Rumor: Trent Baalke could end up with Broncos

I saw this on Mile High Report:

SANTA CLARA – Trent Baalke does not figure to be out of a job long if, as expected, the 49ers part ways with their general manager at the conclusion of the season.

Multiple league sources told CSNBayArea.com the most likely landing spot for Baalke is under John Elway in the Denver Broncos' personnel or scouting department if 49ers CEO Jed York fires Baalke.
    Baalke, widely respected around the NFL for his work ethic as a college talent evaluator, is known to have a good relationship with Elway, the Broncos’ executive vice president of football operations/general manager. Baalke and Elway have spent time considerable together while the 49ers and Broncos held joint practices each of the past two summers
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/sour...ld-end-broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Whooooooooooo?

Does he know how to scout Oline, WR, TE? Elway cant scout those for shit, but Elway can scout Defenses like a boss. If he can scout the offensive side bring him into play saftey
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Interesting. Baalke built some really solid rosters when Harbaugh was there - between their o-line with Iupati & Staley, and their front 7 that featured Willis, Bowman and the others, I was always a little bit envious of how tough they were.

But he's also sort of developed a reputation as a first class *******. He basically pushed Harbaugh (one of the best football coaches at any level) out of a job. Then he inexplicably allowed Jim Tomsula to be their head coach instead of Adam Gase - and now Chip Kelly is in his second flameout.

I think he probably brings some solid talent evaluation chops and maybe would allow Elway to do a little bit less heavy lifting - but I worry about what he'd do to the culture here.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Here is how the Broncos are covering scouting, etc.

PLAYER PERSONNEL/FOOTBALL OPERATIONS
    Matt Russell - Director of Player Personnel
    Tom Heckert - Director of Pro Personnel
    Adam Peters - Director of College Scouting
    Mike Sullivan - Director of Football Administration
    Mark Thewes - Director of Team Administration
    Ray Jackson - Director of Player Development
    Mitch Tanney - Director of Football Analytics
    A.J. Durso – Assistant Director of Pro Personnel
    Jordon Dizon - Pro Scout
    Brian Stark – National Scout
    Eugene Armstrong - Southeast Area Scout
    Dave Bratten - College Scouting Coord./Area Scout
    Scott DiStefano - Midwest Area Scout
    Klein Kubiak - Southwest Area Scout
    Darren Mougey – Western Regional Scout
    Nick Schiralli - Atlantic Area Scout
    Scott Flaska - Football Analyst
    Bryan Chesin – Player Personnel Assistant

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/staff-directory.html

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Interesting. Baalke built some really solid rosters when Harbaugh was there - between their o-line with Iupati & Staley, and their front 7 that featured Willis, Bowman and the others, I was always a little bit envious of how tough they were.

But he's also sort of developed a reputation as a first class *******. He basically pushed Harbaugh (one of the best football coaches at any level) out of a job. Then he inexplicably allowed Jim Tomsula to be their head coach instead of Adam Gase - and now Chip Kelly is in his second flameout.

I think he probably brings some solid talent evaluation chops and maybe would allow Elway to do a little bit less heavy lifting - but I worry about what he'd do to the culture here.
    How many scouts do you know that impact the culture? I think it's probably going to be a good thing. He has an eye for talent, between him and John we might be able to finally get some of those holes filled.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    How many scouts do you know that impact the culture? I think it's probably going to be a good thing. He has an eye for talent, between him and John we might be able to finally get some of those holes filled.
    Well my read on the situation is that he wouldn't assume some low-level scouting role - I'd expect him to be pretty close to a GM-type of level. Maybe John takes a step back and lets Baalke run the day to day GM duties. That could potentially impact culture. Not saying it's a likelihood - but I also don't think Baalke would accept some run of the mill scouting role after running the 49ers for 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Does he know how to scout Oline, WR, TE? Elway cant scout those for shit, but Elway can scout Defenses like a boss. If he can scout the offensive side bring him into play saftey
    He drafted Iupati...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Well my read on the situation is that he wouldn't assume some low-level scouting role - I'd expect him to be pretty close to a GM-type of level. Maybe John takes a step back and lets Baalke run the day to day GM duties. That could potentially impact culture. Not saying it's a likelihood - but I also don't think Baalke would accept some run of the mill scouting role after running the 49ers for 6 years.
    Agreed. If he were brought in I would think he'd be director of scouting or something along those lines and put above all those people Carol just posted the list of. Maybe even on an even keel with Kubiak in terms of voting for draft picks, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i've heard that scot mccloughan was more responsible for the drafts in san fran-- don't know if it's true or not, but the fact that their drafting has gone downhill badly may support that. . . if so, it's not the biggest endorsement of baaaaalke. . . who knows, though. . . if we sign him, i hope he's an effin' badass. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information