Thread: The Bearer of Bad Browns News

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default The Bearer of Bad Browns News

Thought it was an interesting read:

https://theringer.com/mary-kay-cabot...346#.ohnjdga0y

"I feel sorry for these poor people,” says Mary Kay Cabot. “I really do. It’s heartbreaking to me.” She is gazing forlornly out the press-box window, at all the Cleveland Browns fans.

It is early Sunday afternoon, and the worst team in football is hosting the Cincinnati Bengals at FirstEnergy Stadium in snowy, frigid, inhospitable downtown Cleveland. Should the home team falter today, its record will drop to an unsightly 0–13. It’s getting ugly. Recently, some jokers ran an EA Sports full-game simulation that had the Alabama Crimson Tide beating the Browns 34–0; other jokers closer to home are threatening to throw a parade should the boys achieve perfection and finish 0–16. “It’s disrespectful,” lamented veteran cornerback Joe Haden to reporters the week before. “We’re literally the laughingstock of every joke.”

Cabot is among the longest-suffering and highest-profile of those reporters. For many, she is the official Bearer of Bad News, the Goat Whisperer. She’s put in 20-plus years at hometown paper The Plain Dealer (online at Cleveland.com), along with regular radio and TV gigs, local and national. This stretches back to before the team’s first iteration bolted for Baltimore in the mid-’90s. The Browns’ head coach when she started? Bill Belichick.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

:d :d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

What happens when the browns gut all talent for a youth movement but whiff on all drafted players

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    What happens when the browns gut all talent for a youth movement but whiff on all drafted players
    You mean like drafting an undersized running QB in the first round with 4.8 speed?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Haslem is getting what he deserves, he'll probably fire yet another HC after one season and start the process all over again.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Haslem is getting what he deserves, he'll probably fire yet another HC after one season and start the process all over again.
    I really thought they should have stuck with chudzinski

9. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

wow, too bad. what a huge hole. I feel sorry for the first pick, and the woman reporter too.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information