Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Kubiak would be gone after this year without Wade

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I liked it when our offense was the most dynamic ever and we got embarrassed in the SB.

That was awesome!
    I liked when we played that same team to a tie in regulation the following season with all starters healthy.
    In Elway We Trust

2. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    The return in the Super Bowl?
    So we are going with one instance of dumb ******* luck as his "lot of plays". Alrighty then.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So we are going with one instance of dumb ******* luck as his "lot of plays". Alrighty then.
    Not sure. I'm just trying to come up with examples.
    In Elway We Trust

5. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

At this point I'd be fine with Kubiak being gone, as long as they found a way to keep Wade at Defensive Coordinator. Kubiak is supposed to be an offensive guy, yet since he's been here the offense has been pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    At this point I'd be fine with Kubiak being gone, as long as they found a way to keep Wade at Defensive Coordinator. Kubiak is supposed to be an offensive guy, yet since he's been here the offense has been pathetic.
    The offense has been poor because we don't have an o-line capable of running his offense. This is partially on him, but Elway deserves some credit for this fact. Elway is a great GM, but he cannot draft and develop o-line talent. It's one of his biggest areas of weakness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Everyone seems to forget just a few years ago, we had the best offense the league has ever seen, and got blown out in the SB. At that point, Elway focused on the defense (even though we had a few key players out for that game), and went on to have a historic defense two years later. At the expense of the offense.

I am very confident they'll fix the offense, and it starts with getting key players in vital positions. It's all not on Kubiak. It's not all on Siemian either. It's a combination of the OL not being able to block for the running game, having a 1st year starter at QB, having our main RB do down with a season ending injury, the free-agent OL players not playing like they should be, etc. etc.

You'd think that the Broncos are the Browns, for crying out loud. We just won the damn Superbowl, and you all act like there's a bunch of hacks that run this team.

Talk about spoiled. You all sound like the democrats at this point.
    Last edited by BroncoJoe; 12-19-2016 at 11:47 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

You all sound like the democrats at this point.
    Damn dude, thats really dishing out the hatorade. lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It Kubiak is fired, Phillips is probably gone.
    Wonder if Kubiak walks if Dennison goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

"This is the worst offense in my 38 years of covering the Denver Broncos"-- Sandy Clough.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Wonder if Kubiak walks if Dennison goes.
    That's the speculation from the likes of Nalen and Schlereth, he might be willing to dump Barone but even that's debatable.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    "This is the worst offense in my 38 years of covering the Denver Broncos"-- Sandy Clough.
    I don't know if it's the worst I've seen in my more than 38 years of watching, but if it's not, it's in the discussion. Maybe the strike year was worse.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

There is a certain inflexibility in mindset, tactics, and offensive template that has no place on NFL battlegrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I don't know if it's the worst I've seen in my more than 38 years of watching, but if it's not, it's in the discussion. Maybe the strike year was worse.
    It's the worst in recent memory. I remember being convinced that it couldn't be worse than last season...it is.

It's by far the worst OL I can remember, I can say that with 100% certainty.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    You could also put blame on elway for the lack of OL talent. In his tenure all but 1 1st pick in draft has been on defense. OL has been picked up in 2nd or 3rd and of thise picks none are worth a damn.
    When the Broncos lost the 2013 SB, Elway decided that Defense wins championships, and that he needed to concentrate on building a dominant defense. That meant trying to get by with mediocre OL and virtually no high draft picks on Offense. Cody Latimer was a 2nd round pick, but he's a bust.

Right now, they have 2 talented players on offense: D.T. & Sanders. C.J. is another, but he's a RB and on IR. Who knows about next season? I could argue that the defensive backups like Zaire Anderson, Corey Nelson and Todd Davis are better than anybody on the Offense except Sanders & D.T.

Peyton Manning was able to cover up for a lot of offensive deficiencies. Well, he's not here this season and it shows.

Well, if the Broncos fail to make the playoffs this year (virtually a given at this point) they will be drafting in the teens rather than the late 20's or in the 30's like the last 4 years. So, hopefully they can draft some better players.

But, virtually all the busts have been offensive picks and FAs. Their defensive acquisitions have mostly been great - like the Darien Stewart pickup.

Elway has shown a consistent lack of ability to draft offensive players.

OFFENSIVE DRAFT PICKS:

2016:
    RB Devontee Booker, 4th
    G Connor McGovern, 5th
    FB Andy Janovitch

2015:
    T Ty Sambrailo, 2nd
    TE Jeff Heuerman, 3rd
    C Max Garcia, 4th

2014:
    WR Cody Latimer, 2nd
    OL Michael Schofield, 3rd
    C Matt Paradis, 6th

2013:
    RB Montee Ball, 2d
    WR Tavaris King, 3rd
    OL Vincent Painter, 5th

2012:
    QB Brock Osweiler, 2nd
    RB Ronnie Hillman, 3rd
    C Phillip Blake, 4th

Just look at that litany of failure!

20. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    It would be hard to say that any offense with John Elway was worse than this. With Elway (or Manning) even if there's not a lot of talent on Offense, they could make plays and at least they always had the team in the right play for what the defense was showing.

Right now, a mediocre QB in Trevor Seimian is NOT making up for other deficiencies on the Offense, so the team is unable to score. At all. They went literally 1/2 a game yesterday without a first down.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information