Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kubiak would be gone after this year without Wade

Default Kubiak would be gone after this year without Wade

After yesterday's craptastic offensive performance, I came to this conclusion: Kubiak is lucky that Wade Phillips came here and basically won a SB all by himself with his defense. If they hadn't, this team wouldn't have sniffed a SB last year, and he would probably be gone at the end of the year.

Adopted Bronco:

Probably still should to be, to be honest

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Would of, could of, should of, but wont. He's only in season two and rebuilding the roster following a SB title. He will get time with the team before he eventually gets the axe if he cant right the ship.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Good grief. Such fickle fans.

9. The Following 10 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I wake up each day and I thank the heavens that I was born in Denver and raised a Broncos fan. God forbid, he dropped me off in Cleveland or Oakland. When in the middle of our worst offensive performance in years, we're still in contention for a wild card spot in the playoffs. We are a very spoiled bunch!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

My biggest fear when Kubiak was hired, was the fact that him and Elway go way back, and that might make Elway more hesitant to give him the axe at some point if it's needed. However, I don't think it's remotely time to think about firing him.

I haven't been impressed with the play calling. I think it's beyond predictable, and to only muster up 10 points against Tennessee is beyond embarrassing. Lose to them 30 - 24, fine, but 10 pts is pitiful on all fronts - considering he was the one calling the plays.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he inherited a team with a shit O-line, and he hasn't been given enough time to correct that issue. Aside from a garbage O-line, I think we could be a 10+ win team. I think with a good O-line, the run game will come with it, along with a better passing game. I think Siemian is far, far, far, from the problem. He put us in a position to win yesterday all the while being clobbered throughout 4 quarters. He also is being relied upon even more because our run game is non existent.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I was asking myself just the other day where the "Fire Kubiak" threads were. How many weeks did it take for John Fox? This is Elway's ex-roomie and good friend. It will take A LOT to get him fired and I think we all knew that when he was hired. How responsible is Kubiak for the decisions on having two rookie QBs and drafting guys like Sambrailo and Schumacher who are a waste of space? Some? None?

The OL are like dominoes. When one tumbles, you have to fix it right away or the other ones crumble around them.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Kubiak has a very long leash. If you are in favor of Kubiak getting fired then I am affraid it's going to be a long long time before he is gone.
    Last edited by DenBronx; 12-12-2016 at 05:40 PM.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

14. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Threads like this make me question fans of the team sometimes.

So, yes - Wade developed a GREAT defensive game that played a HUGE part in us winning the SB last year. Well, guess what: Wade wouldn't be here if Kubiak wasn't the HC.

IMO, obviously.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

You could also put blame on elway for the lack of OL talent. In his tensure all but 1 1st pick in draft has been on defense. OL has been picked up in 2nd or 3rd and of thise picks none are worth a damn.
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 12-12-2016 at 05:24 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Kubiak is a Super Bowl winning HC. Wade came to Denver because of Kubiak. Kubiak would have to have a McDaniels-esque meltdown to get fired.

I agree though that without the defense we're a 4 win team best case.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

20. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    You could also put blame on elway for the lack of OL talent. In his tensure all but 1 pick in draft has been on defense. OL has been picked up in 2nd or 3rd and of thise picks none are worth a damn.
    And his FA OL pick-ups have been shit as well. Was Vasquez an Elway FA? He was pretty good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    And his FA OL pick-ups have been shit as well. Was Vasquez an Elway FA? He was pretty good.
    He was and he was good 1st year we had him or so and now he is unemployed.

Kubiak is going to need a much better OL before this offense can flourish. In his type of system it requires effective blocking and right now we don't have that. Siemian and Paxton are way more mobile than Manning was and are still getting hit way too much.

I didn't expect much from this team this year anyway. I believe Trevor is going to be a way better QB next season but we need to get him some protection.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

24. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information