Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 14

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'm not even mad.
    Well, at least you already have 25% of that list taken care of... Baby steps...

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    All of the sudden, I'm on the Romo train!

Watch, Kinger is going to flip out in a second.

Romo is a nicer, better teammate version of Jay Cutler. Always hurt, never clutch.

If Romo came here he would do just enough to put us in a position to almost make it, and then he would throw a pick 6 and lose.

I really like Romo (and hate Cutler), but please keep him away from this team.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Romo has a wonderful fourth quarter comeback record.

I don't actually want him -- we drafted Lynch and have TS. The answer is there
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I don't know how to do the twitter quote thing....but this is from Vic Lombardi quoting Kubiak today.

"Kubiak on his offensive struggles last two years: "we won a lot of games. So somebody is doing something right". Hmmmm"

https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/stat...91164185473024

This is the same type quote that made me hate Fox (i.e. not too shabby). It is some bullshit thinking. This team wins because of defense.

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I don't think Siemian is the problem at all.

I think the problem is the O-line and the play calling, we knew this going into the season. The alarming part is, it hasn't gotten better. We signed Okung and Stephenson thinking they'd help, but it hasn't. There has been any corrections, or improvement throughout the season, and we're relying on what is basically a rookie QB to power his way through games with just his arm since the run game isn't existent.

If you knew going into yesterday's game that we would hold Tennessee to 13 pts, you would of thought we won.

It seems like every opening drive we start off with a 5 yard in/out route. Try to run the ball on 2nd down, fail, try to throw it on 3rd, fail, rinse and repeat. I hope we can somehow hang onto Wade Phillips for a long time, and I hope Kubiak googles playbooks from other teams because what he's doing, isn't working.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'm not. He's a young QB who played with a small playbook in college. If I recall correctly, the Denver coaching staff and scouts were more than comfortable with his QB intellect.
    Everyone projected for him to be a project. He had to be taught how to line up under center in training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Everyone projected for him to be a project. He had to be taught how to line up under center in training camp.
    Let's hope Elway didn't teach him what linemen's butt to stick his hands under.

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I'd rather have Perry Como then Tony Romo

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I'd rather have Perry Como then Tony Romo
    You dug deep for that reference. Well done.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

14. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i'm afraid our line might actually get romo killed on live television. . . probably a poor idea. . . we're better off spending our cap space to get some actual NFL-caliber linemen, and developing the young QBs we have. . .

16. The Following 11 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

How many years did John Fox coach before Elway fired him? I believe it was 3 years. Anyway, I'm guessing that if Elway and company actually get better players along the OL and things remain the same on offense next year, Kubiak will be gone. Kubiak's comment yesterday about "winning a lots of games the last 2 years so somebody is doing something right" definitely rubbed me the wrong way. Thing is, the somebody doing something right is Wade Phillips.

Wade did on defense what Kubiak refuses to do on offense which is to build an offense around the players you have, not force players to fit a system.

While it sounds like I'm advocating firing Kubiak, this is not the case. I believe he can be a good HC, but he should be relieved of his OC dutiis after the season is over.
    Last edited by Traveler; 12-15-2016 at 04:45 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    How many years did John Fox coach before Elway fired him? I believe it was 3 years.
    One and done
    Superbowl
    One and done, fired

20. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I think this is a fair point. All things considered, it's hard to be critical of either QB at this point.

But Siemian just seems like Matt Schaub v 2.0 to me. I just can't see him ever being anything more than that. Maybe that's unfair, but I can't see it.
    I'll take Matt Schaub v 2.0 if they can run the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'll take Matt Schaub v 2.0 if they can run the ball.
    With this defense, all they needed was a good running game and a game manager at QB that limits turnovers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Thank goodness Lynch12 is gone, I won't get my head bitten off for saying this. Dennison and Kubiak have outright said they had to dial back the offense for Lynch. Siemian is what we are stuck with, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Now, I don't think it's quite as bad as you do, but that's ok. I just think it all starts and ends with this pathetic offensive line. If they had even just a couple good players, I think Siemian would look much better, but we don't, so he don't. I think they should do what Schlereth said this morning. Let them all line up on the field and let the defense take free hits on them so they can know what their qb is feeling every play of every game. Schlereth went off on the line this morning...it was great!I hope every one of those jackasses heard it or the coaches play it for them.
    I missed this yesterday....heck this the great of the good....

I love Skink and the examples he's said makes a whole lot of sense to me on the shows I've seen/heard him on. I've always heard it all begins in the trenches.....right now our O line has serious issues, well they have for awhile but Peyton covered a lot of woes there. Without a Hall of Fame, even a old one, those issues have been exposed. We have a true rookie QB and one that might of well be at least Brock got to carry the clip board most of last year when he wasn't playing.

Then we lost our mini Peyton in CJ....he could block and could help TS with reading the D and plays in general.

Malik made our run D so much better and I think that's the missing link in our D trench and Ware has lost what ever that magic was last year. Marshall has been fighting that hamstring for a while now and he is really important out there with Danny being gone.

When Peyton retired we lost that football mind and leadership, it left a big void. With his skills going down so much I thought it would be easier to replace than it has been. We don't have a O line to help our young QB and the D is getting worn down....
    Getting Stoked

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information