Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1413

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Titans 12/11/16

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Your quarterback is gonna get sacked a lot.
    So what should a QB do if he knows A. his line can't block worth a damn B. his secondary and tertiary blockers suck ass? Should he just snap it and immediately toss it to the sidelines? Then we'd all be complaining because he throws it away on every play. Instead he does the best with the crap he's been given. It's hard to make a decision when you've got defenders swarming from both sides and no where to go. You get rid of it as fast as you can and hope it's enough.

A lot of you guys seem to expect a miracle out of a player that is basically a rookie and has linemen hellbent on getting him killed. Could he be doing better? Sure and he will with time, but he's doing the best that he can with some of the worst protection I've ever seen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Your quarterback is gonna get sacked a lot.
    Right. A QB should never, ever get sacked.

Let's talk about the 13 QB's in the league who have been sacked more than Trevor, or Aaron Rodgers, who has one less sack (but has played in more games). He must SUCK in calling out protection packages or eluding a rush.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So what should a QB do if he knows A. his line can't block worth a damn B. his secondary and tertiary blockers suck ass? Should he just snap it and immediately toss it to the sidelines? Then we'd all be complaining because he throws it away on every play. Instead he does the best with the crap he's been given. It's hard to make a decision when you've got defenders swarming from both sides and no where to go. You get rid of it as fast as you can and hope it's enough.

A lot of you guys seem to expect a miracle out of a player that is basically a rookie and has linemen hellbent on getting him killed. Could he be doing better? Sure and he will with time, but he's doing the best that he can with some of the worst protection I've ever seen.
    Just so we're clear, asking a quarterback to make sure an offensive lineman and not a running back be set up to block a defensive end with four rushers would be a miracle?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Well, apparently Siemian should be on Brady's level. And if you say anything to defend the kid, you're a Siemian apologist who knows nothing about football.

I've put on my cape and from now on, when a negative thing is said about Siemian, I will fly into the thread to the tune of Mighty Mouse.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Just so we're clear, asking a quarterback to make sure an offensive lineman and not a running back be set up to block a defensive end with four rushers would be a miracle?
    91 is a LB.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Well, apparently Siemian should be on Brady's level. And if you say anything to defend the kid, you're a Siemian apologist who knows nothing about football.

I've put on my cape and from now on, when a negative thing is said about Siemian, I will fly into the thread to the tune of Mighty Mouse.
    And I will put my Underdog persona to rest, now that someone else is fighting the good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    91 is a LB.
    He's an edge rusher though. Some of those guys might have came off and guarded the TE. Hard to tell with those guys.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post

I don't think picking up the pass rush is Tom Brady level NFL quarterbacking. I'd say it's pretty basic.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

91 is a LB.
    My bad. He had his hand in the dirt at the beginning of the play so I called him an end.

My bad. He had his hand in the dirt at the beginning of the play so I called him an end.
    In today's football, not much difference. Either way, he was a pretty clear rusher.

I don't think picking up the pass rush is Tom Brady level NFL quarterbacking. I'd say it's pretty basic.
    I've gone over a million times, but I guess I'll do it again. Green missed the pick up, Booker missed the pick up, Siemian was going through progressions and it's also been pointed out he had his back to the rusher....but hey maybe if you keep saying it over and over again, you'll finally be right. :shrugs: He's a 7th round pick, he missed a pickup, then again, so did his TE and his RB. The coach himself said the pass pro was missed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It's just a dumb argument to place blame solely on the QB. Potentially two offensive personnel missed the block and/or assignment. QB had his back to that side of the field until a second before he got hit.

Either way, and as I stated before, this one play didn't cost us the game. Get over it.

It's just a dumb argument to place blame solely on the QB. Potentially two offensive personnel missed the block and/or assignment. QB had his back to that side of the field until a second before he got hit.

Either way, and as I stated before, this one play didn't cost us the game. Get over it.
    I guess it's a testament to the QB and offense that the only thing worthy of Monday morning QBing is this one play...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I guess it's a testament to the QB and offense that the only thing worthy of Monday morning QBing is this one play...
    Dude took what, 60 snaps in the game and we're arguing over one of them?

Dude took what, 60 snaps in the game and we're arguing over one of them?
    51 passing snaps and 9 rushing, so yea, 60 total.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information