Thread: Former Avalanche teammates react to Marek Svatos’ cause of death

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Default Former Avalanche teammates react to Marek Svatos’ cause of death

I didn't know this had happened.....it's so sad and man he was only 34.....that poor family.

BOSTON — The on-ice struggles of the Avalanche pale in comparison to the pain and grief they are feeling for Marek Svatos’ family in Lone Tree and Slovakia. Svatos, who played for the Avs from 2003-10, died Nov. 5 in his Lone Tree home with a combination of powerful drugs in his system, the Douglas County Coronor’s Office announced this week.

It was also learned Svatos, 34, had codeine, morphine and an anti-anxiety medication in his system when he died of a combined drug intoxication. He had a history of heroin use and had gone through drug rehabilitation, according to the coroners’ report.

rest of the story:

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/07...ado-avalanche/
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Damn, that sucks. I had heard he died, but I had no idea it was an overdose. Terrible. I feel bad for his family.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Damn, that sucks. I had heard he died, but I had no idea it was an overdose. Terrible. I feel bad for his family.
    I had not even heard that....which says a lot right now that the Avs are really not relevant in CO sports right now....it's just super sad and so dang young.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    I had not even heard that....which says a lot right now that the Avs are really not relevant in CO sports right now....it's just super sad and so dang young.
    On 11-6, I posted the article about his death in the Avs thread on here. The article was on the Denver Post site.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    On 11-6, I posted the article about his death in the Avs thread on here. The article was on the Denver Post site.
    I missed that Carol...have not been looking at thread in a while. What I meant was that I would of heard it over and over on the TV news if the Avs were having a better year.

It reminds me when I was working in WI and the Russian Hockey team went down in a plane crash and the only way I knew about it was a friend sent me a text. There was no local news or national for that matter that I could find.
    Getting Stoked

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information