Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Should Broncos root for Chiefs or Raiders victory Thursday night?

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Does it make me a bad person if I was rooting for season ending injuries for players on both teams? Didn't say I was proud of it.
    I hate the raiders more than anyone outside of the patriots...but I can't do that. The only time I actually somewhat enjoyed seeing an injury was when the chiefs popped cheater tom in the knee... Even then I felt a little disgusted for myself for being happy about the fact that we got to spend the entire season without Brady.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Does it make me a bad person if I was rooting for season ending injuries for players on both teams? Didn't say I was proud of it.
    Yes.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I am glad that KC has won over Oakland. Raiders could get knocked out from the playoff picture if Broncos, Chargers, and Colts win over Raiders.

5. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I am glad that KC has won over Oakland. Raiders could get knocked out from the playoff picture if Broncos, Chargers, and Colts win over Raiders.
    Long shot, but let's hope. Maybe the Broncos can go on a win and win out, and see KC, Oak and NE pile up some losses.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Long shot, but let's hope. Maybe the Broncos can go on a win and win out, and see KC, Oak and NE pile up some losses.
    It is a long shot, but lets not forget that Oakland excels in shooting themselves in the foot. It's how they've gone decades without sniffing the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Oakland to lose.

This puts us 1 game back in division. We we beat kc and oakland it puts all with same record with split head to head and division record is what counts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Oakland to lose.

This puts us 1 game back in division. We we beat kc and oakland it puts all with same record with split head to head and division record is what counts.
    Chiefs already have 4 division win, the best we can do is 3. So we need either the Titans or Chargers to beat them so we can win the division out right.

As far as the Raiders, if they beat the Chargers and Colts, they will have 3 division wins. With us both being 3-3 vs. AFCW and 3-1 vs. NFCS (we both lost to the Falcons), that’s 6-4 for both of us. As far as the non-divisional AFC opponents that we’ve both played:

Indianapolis: Denver – won, Oakland – future win based on the Colts’ not getting the upset.
    Houston: Denver – won, Oakland – won
    Jacksonville: Denver – won, Oakland – won
    Tennessee: Denver – must win, Oakland – won
    All of this adds up to a 10-4 record for both of us in common opponent matchups.

Then we move on to conference record, the Raiders beating both the Chargers and Colts gives them 9 conference wins, which is the same as the best we can do.

Then comes strength of victory, which I believe means the combined win lose records of all the teams we’ve beaten.

Aside from all of our common game wins, we’d also have wins against (current record in parenthesis):
    Cincinnati (4-7-1)
    New England (10-2)
    Kansas City (10-3) [we’d be 1-1 against the Chiefs; the Raiders would be 0-2]
    Combined record: 24-12-1

They’d have wins against:
    Baltimore (7-5)
    Buffalo (6-6)
    San Diego (5-7) [Raiders would be 2-0 against the Chargers, we’d be 1-1]
    Combine record: 18-18

Bottom line: YES, we will have the tie breaking advantage over the Raiders of both teams win out until we beat them in the season finally, but not against the Chiefs if they win the other 2 remaining games.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Funny you should say that because the Broncos end their season with New England, Kansas City and Oakland in that order. If any of them get another loss, odds are it will be Denver that causes it. Unfortunately, one loss won't be enough. KC already has a 4-0 division record so Denver has to win their season outright for a higher seeding than the Chiefs.

I was looking forward to a Patriots playoff game away from that slushbox but I think it is written into CBS' contract that the Patriots get at least one playoff game at home every year.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Funny you should say that because the Broncos end their season with New England, Kansas City and Oakland in that order. If any of them get another loss, odds are it will be Denver that causes it. Unfortunately, one loss won't be enough. KC already has a 4-0 division record so Denver has to win their season outright for a higher seeding than the Chiefs.

I was looking forward to a Patriots playoff game away from that slushbox but I think it is written into CBS' contract that the Patriots get at least one playoff game at home every year.
    We've hosted New England in the playoffs twice in the last 3 years...

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It is a long shot, but lets not forget that Oakland excels in shooting themselves in the foot. It's how they've gone decades without sniffing the playoffs.
    Decades before I started following the Broncos. Since '85, there are few, if any, teams that have been to the playoffs more. No decades long span.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    We've hosted New England in the playoffs twice in the last 3 years...
    Reading comprehension is your friend, Wave.

2003 - hosted Tennessee in divisional round.
    2004 - hosted Indianapolis in divisional round.
    2005 - hosted Jacksonville in wild card game.
    2006 - hosted New York Jets in wild card game.
    2007 - hosted Jacksonville in divisional round, hosted San Diego in conference championship.
    2009 - hosted Baltimore in wild card game.
    2010 - hosted New York Jets in divisional round.
    2011 - hosted Denver in divisional round, hosted Baltimore in conference championship.
    2012 - hosted Houston in divisional round, hosted Baltimore in conference championship.
    2013 - hosted Indianapolis in divisional round.
    2014 - hosted Baltimore in divisional round, hosted Indianapolis in conference championship.
    2015 - hosted Kansas City in divisional round.

That's 16 playoff games *hosted* in the past 13 seasons. That's a lot of added revenue to Bob Kraft and his buds. Oh, and look who has their own Sports Bar right there in the stadium. Why, it's CBS!! Must be nice to know you'll get at least nine home games per season if you're running the sports bar, right?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Reading comprehension is your friend, Wave. 2003 - hosted Tennessee in divisional round. 2004 - hosted Indianapolis in divisional round. 2005 - hosted Jacksonville in wild card game. 2006 - hosted New York Jets in wild card game. 2007 - hosted Jacksonville in divisional round, hosted San Diego in conference championship. 2009 - hosted Baltimore in wild card game. 2010 - hosted New York Jets in divisional round. 2011 - hosted Denver in divisional round, hosted Baltimore in conference championship. 2012 - hosted Houston in divisional round, hosted Baltimore in conference championship. 2013 - hosted Indianapolis in divisional round. 2014 - hosted Baltimore in divisional round, hosted Indianapolis in conference championship. 2015 - hosted Kansas City in divisional round. That's 16 playoff games *hosted* in the past 13 seasons. That's a lot of added revenue to Bob Kraft and his buds. Oh, and look who has their own Sports Bar right there in the stadium. Why, it's CBS!! Must be nice to know you'll get at least nine home games per season if you're running the sports bar, right?
    I don't understand this. Surely they get that because they keep winning. I mean I hate them, but you can't knock their record, even without the scandals they are still a perennial top seed play off team

17. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I don't understand this. Surely they get that because they keep winning. I mean I hate them, but you can't knock their record, even without the scandals they are still a perennial top seed play off team
    No one knows—CAN know—what they are "without the scandals," because no one's ever seen that. Actually, we have seen that if we go back to the pre-Belicheat era: They're the team that was utter garbage for 40 solid years, with the only exceptions being a pair of blowout SB losses a decade apart.

Absent the scandals, the Cheatriots are just the team so bad they made Tony Eason a bust and nearly did the same to Jim Plunkett.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

We know one thing, the P*triots don't think they can win without cheating. They've shown as much.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information