Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 13

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default The Good and the Bad: Week 13

I missed some chunks of this game and wasn't paying the closest of attention to what I did see, so I won't be able to add much this week, but here goes:

Good:

The defense, specifically CHJ, Roby, and Von for their forced turnovers. They are back to saving games for us, which is nice.

Booker. It didn't look like he had the best of stats, but that TD run was awesome. That was one of the toughest runs I have seen a Broncos RB make in a long time.

Bad:

The rest of the offense. I'm rooting for Lynch, but the guy ain't ready yet. And the line is still trash.

Again, short thread, so please fill in anything I missed.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Doesn't look like you missed much.

Good: win. Defense looked good.

Bad: Oline is just weak. Lynch looked better than the ATL game but remains a project with a long way to go.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Let me help you out with another good:

Kapri Bibbs!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

The good.

Defense

Lynch.

The bad.

Not too much bad other than the o line still struggling but what's new?

I think this was a perfect Broncos style game on the road,, tough, gritty, not alot of excitement but a W, the key was no turnovers though, if we protect he ball were going to be in good shape most the time.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Let me help you out with another good:

Kapri Bibbs!
    Agreed, dude ran very well today.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Booker. It didn't look like he had the best of stats, but that TD run was awesome. That was one of the toughest runs I have seen a Broncos RB make in a long time.
    That's just the only way to get a 3-4 yd gain in Denver: In a month we'll be talking about Bookers "glass vaj," just like CJ, Ball, Moreno and McGahee. And probably criticizing him for "indecisiveness" and "dancing around." Just like Ball and Moreno. The problem's clear:

Our QB coach just isn't getting our 5th round linemen up to speed (I mean, OBVIOUSLY.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    The good.

Defense

Lynch.

The bad.

Not too much bad other than the o line still struggling but what's new?

I think this was a perfect Broncos style game on the road,, tough, gritty, not alot of excitement but a W, the key was no turnovers though, if we protect he ball were going to be in good shape most the time.
    The fact you consider Lynch's performance good and criticize Siemian when he plays far better than Lynch did proves that you are a completely blind fanboy.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Lynch is not ready. I like the guy but Trevor is the better QB right now. I have a feeling this will go on even until the end of next year unless we sign a veteran FA QB or trade for one. Right now, I am not sure Elway is sold on what he is seeing from our offense, and I mean the WHOLE offense.

Just sucks seeing KC and Oak at the top of the division. It's very depressing.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Maybe I am stuck in a malaise after last week, but I didn't have much to be positive about this game. Defense is still solid, liked seeing the turnovers, Von is the man, I liked Kalif Raymond.

Lynch was disappointing. The guy needs to sit the bench for at least a season and probably the second. I am not saying he is a bust yet, but he clearly isn't ready. Siemian is head and shoulders better and should be the starter going into next season.

Where I am mostly down on the team is Kubiak's offense. It is awful. Three years into it, four different QBs, and it keeps looking worse. His inability to be flexible and play to players strength is a detriment to the offense. Expecting players to adapt to his way just isn't working.

I like Kubiak as a HC, hate him as an OC. I think Elway has to step in and do something. Starting with removing Dennison and Barone. Then hiring a real OC who can bring a better offense to the table. But I doubt Kubiak will go for any of that. Which leaves Elway in a tough situation this off-season.

I'm baffled as to why we have no quick pass plays on third and two or three. Screen, slant, RB in the flat. Lynch threw so many slow developing deep (and inaccurate) passes in those spots.

15. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Maybe I am stuck in a malaise after last week, but I didn't have much to be positive about this game. Defense is still solid, liked seeing the turnovers, Von is the man, I liked Kalif Raymond.

Lynch was disappointing. The guy needs to sit the bench for at least a season and probably the second. I am not saying he is a bust yet, but he clearly isn't ready. Siemian is head and shoulders better and should be the starter going into next season.

Where I am mostly down on the team is Kubiak's offense. It is awful. Three years into it, four different QBs, and it keeps looking worse. His inability to be flexible and play to players strength is a detriment to the offense. Expecting players to adapt to his way just isn't working.

I like Kubiak as a HC, hate him as an OC. I think Elway has to step in and do something. Starting with removing Dennison and Barone. Then hiring a real OC who can bring a better offense to the table. But I doubt Kubiak will go for any of that. Which leaves Elway in a tough situation this off-season.
    Comeon man! Maybe it has to do with the players he has been dealt. OC during our SB years, made a new franchise relevant (Texans) and gave a SB winning QB his best season ever (Flacco). Also got a SB win with one of the GOAT's ever, who only had one ring before. We don't exactly have stellar performers at critical positions right now on offense.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I'm baffled as to why we have no quick pass plays on third and two or three. Screen, slant, RB in the flat. Lynch threw so many slow developing deep (and inaccurate) passes in those spots.
    I can agree with this. I think a bit more creativity is warranted, but the Kubiak bashing is getting annoying.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Comeon man! Maybe it has to do with the players he has been dealt. OC during our SB years, made a new franchise relevant (Texans) and gave a SB winning QB his best season ever (Flacco). Also got a SB win with one of the GOAT's ever, who only had one ring before. We don't exactly have stellar performers at critical positions right now on offense.
    The sad thing is, we DO have a lot of great players at the so-called "skill" positions, but none of them MATTER as long as the defense is camped out in our backfield.

I do agree with axing Barone: While Kubiak and Dennison were making the expansion Texans into title contenders and rebuilding the Ravens line from rubble, Barone was in Denver running an offensive line every bit as bad then as now. I've really tried not to point fingers, but no less than FOUR former Pro Bowlers have regressed to nothing under his tutelage. The X factor seems pretty clear: When he was in Denver but Kubiak and Dennison weren't, his lines sucked and theirs were great, on two different teams; when they returned to Denver his lines went right on sucking.

And for the love of all that's holy, PLEASE DRAFT AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN HIGHER THAN 59TH OVERALL. Preferably a G higher than 90-something, too.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

21. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Good:

DT and Sanders got open against a pretty solid secondary.

Bad:

Lynch couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Pretty hard to watch at times.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

The good - the defense did it's usual work. It helped that we played a bad team and a bad QB, but they were solid against the run (except the QB scramble - shocker) and made plays when they needed to. The Roby pick was a gift, but the Harris pick was just a great job.

Bibbs - probably would have gotten more time, but now he has a high ankle sprain. Looked good in limited time out there.

Riley Dixon - I believe he punted 11 times for 506 yards in this game. Dropped a bunch inside the ten. Ice up that leg, son.

Khalif Raymond - I was worried after that first "return" but he looks shifty and fluid out there. Might actually be a return threat, which we could use.

The bad - Lynch was terrible. The Jags are a good pass defense but we had plenty of opportunities to make plays and just couldn't do it. One big overthrow to Sanders, the underthrown lollipop to a formerly wide open Sanders and the underthrow to DT down the sidelines were the biggest ones I remember. Missing receivers by miles on simple out routes. Get well, Trevor!

Run game in general / run blocking - Booker was bad statistically. Bibbs was good (as I said above) but most other times, we'd run on first down for a yard or two. No rhythm for this offense at all and it starts up front. Pass protection seemed better, at least that's how I remember it.

Injuries - Ray seems fine but Bibbs is hurt, and who knows about Winn or even Marshall. Can't afford to lose depth (I mean, in Winn's case, we only have four other d-linemen on the whole team!) when we're hitting the stretch.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information