Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 13

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    The good.

Defense

Lynch.

The bad.

Not too much bad other than the o line still struggling but what's new?

I think this was a perfect Broncos style game on the road,, tough, gritty, not alot of excitement but a W, the key was no turnovers though, if we protect he ball were going to be in good shape most the time.
    Lynch cannot be classified as good. He missed three wide open receivers down the field. Could have had 2 easy TD's if he doesn't under throw 2 balls by 10 yards each.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived gregbroncs For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Maybe I am stuck in a malaise after last week, but I didn't have much to be positive about this game. Defense is still solid, liked seeing the turnovers, Von is the man, I liked Kalif Raymond.

Lynch was disappointing. The guy needs to sit the bench for at least a season and probably the second. I am not saying he is a bust yet, but he clearly isn't ready. Siemian is head and shoulders better and should be the starter going into next season.
    Most scouts/scouting reports said that Lynch was likely a 2-3 year project to become a NFL starter. If the Broncos were Cleveland, then you could maybe let him learn on the field, but it would be ugly.

Lynch under threw every long throw, except for the one where he overthrew Sanders on the right side. He was off target on most throws and but for a couple great catches, like the low one to DT, Lynch would have been down around 50-60 yards. As has been pointed out after DT failed to pull in several low throws far less off target than that, it isn't what DT normally does well.

Can't write Lynch off, because I think you can make an argument he is playing far better as a rookie than many experts would have expected. He had and has VERY steep learning curve due to the offense he played in in Memphis.

The punt team, kicking and receiving was a bright spot and the defense but for a couple drives was very good.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Kubiak will come out with a jet-sweep-counter-double-reverse-triple-Lindy with an underground jackhammer on 3rd and one...the OL will give up penetration at every gap and the play will go for zero yards...fans will complain about how predictable it was.

All teams have to do is sit in base defense, there isn't a ******* thing they have to worry about because the LOS scrimmage is theirs.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Kubiak will come out with a jet-sweep-counter-double-reverse-triple-Lindy with an underground jackhammer on 3rd and one...the OL will give up penetration at every gap and the play will go for zero yards...fans will complain about how predictable it was.

All teams have to do is sit in base defense, there isn't a ******* thing they have to worry about because the LOS scrimmage is theirs.
    dude has a good ******* point
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Kubiak was brought in to fix the offense. The offense is worse than it's been since the Tim Tebow days, and even then at least Denver could run the ball. IMHO The worst part about Kubiak is he doesn't know how to adjust throughout the flow of the game. He doesn't help out the struggling oline, and you can see as struggles go the playbook becomes diminished and there's no creativity in a different type of attack. I think there should be a real question on if the guy can still coach/teach offense.

I still think he wasn't a bad option to pick for Head Coach, he lets Wade Phillips do his thing on defense. I think he's very good at managing the ebb and flow of the organization especially through some questionable times with positions. He certainly hasn't helped those positions. Denver still has games where you wonder wtf is going on and why aren't we prepared to play. I would love to see some new direction hired to handle more of the offensive side, I do believe we're going to see this continued dumpster fire next year too.

P.S. Fire Rick Dennison already. That guy does f'n nothing and is a waste of space within the organization.
    Hot take is our coach doesn't put enough thought into the offense; classic internet right there. Let's fire all the coaches who JUST WON A SUPER BOWL THEIR VERY FIRST SEASON. The bums. Not the offensive line and tight ends coach who's been here SEVEN YEARS while his players impossibly managed to get WORSE every year: The new guys who haven't undone his seven years worth of damage in a single season.

I mean, Hell, Elway gave them the 59th overall pick and a bunch of guys picked in the 90s: What kind of idiots could fail to build rubble into a fortress with that?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

11. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    dude has a good ******* point
    Well, he kinda does: Our line imploding at the snap on ANY play call has gotten depressingly predicable. Since long before Kubiak and Dennisons return.
    Last edited by Joel; 12-04-2016 at 10:22 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ever since the Raiders game the biggest lament was "why doesn't Kubiak come out with six OL?", well...they did...and the six OLman promptly gave up a sack to a four man rush.

What do people expect them to do? Six ******* offensive lineman, four man pass rush, four receivers in route, seven defenders in coverage...you'd think Lynch would have all day to scan the field and find that needle in a haystack. Nope, sacked in under 3 seconds. If that doesn't paint a plain enough picture of how we have no idea what we're talking about then I don't know what will.

Every time we complain that they're not using their imagination and doing what other teams do, the Broncos do what we complain that they're not doing and it fails too.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

14. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    That's just the only way to get a 3-4 yd gain in Denver: In a month we'll be talking about Bookers "glass vaj," just like CJ, Ball, Moreno and McGahee. And probably criticizing him for "indecisiveness" and "dancing around." Just like Ball and Moreno. The problem's clear:

Our QB coach just isn't getting our 5th round linemen up to speed (I mean, OBVIOUSLY.)
    No one called McGahee soft. That's fiction. No one was calling CJ soft this year, either. When Manning was here no one had an issue with Moreno's godly season. Stop trying to lay the blame that a HC was supposed to fix elsewhere. Ball was just flagrantly bad, and that's why he's out of the league. He's a bad example to use.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

He would have to do something creative first before we can agree with this. He could, I don't know, use different short passing plays. Check it out man, there was once this short passing offense called the WCO, and it had all kinds of different route combinations and plays it could use. Even though the premise on just about every play was the same, it was still hard to stop. Check it out even further, sometimes they used this thing called playaction passing. Which, when you run the ball a lot, even if you suck at it, the defense typically has to respect. But it gets even deeper, bro, because sometimes you can call a pitch or run outside the tackles!!!!!!!!111111

Which we did twice in this game, and they worked. Almost as if they should be used a little but more because if they are effective the defense would have to res....p...ect....whoa......
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    No one called McGahee soft. That's fiction. No one was calling CJ soft this year, either. When Manning was here no one had an issue with Moreno's godly season. Stop trying to lay the blame that a HC was supposed to fix elsewhere. Ball was just flagrantly bad, and that's why he's out of the league. He's a bad example to use.
    People have been calling CJ fragile since 2014, and I think silkamilkamonico was actually the one who liked to talk about Morenos "glass vag" all the time; people were so down on Moreno that he probably never would've gotten back into the rotation—if McGahee hadn't GONE ON IR. The year after he led the NFL in yards AFTER CONTACT, in fact, while everyone said, "how can you say our line sucks: We led the NFL in rushing!"

Look a little deeper. Or a lot. Or at least past the personal animus.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He would have to do something creative first before we can agree with this. He could, I don't know, use different short passing plays. Check it out man, there was once this short passing offense called the WCO, and it had all kinds of different route combinations and plays it could use. Even though the premise on just about every play was the same, it was still hard to stop. Check it out even further, sometimes they used this thing called playaction passing. Which, when you run the ball a lot, even if you suck at it, the defense typically has to respect. But it gets even deeper, bro, because sometimes you can call a pitch or run outside the tackles!!!!!!!!111111

Which we did twice in this game, and they worked. Almost as if they should be used a little but more because if they are effective the defense would have to res....p...ect....whoa......
    The Broncos run a WCO and that's been shit on around here too. I'm sorry, teams have zero reason to respect playaction...the defenses are stopping the run with basic 7 man fronts, most times even with just the front four. The Broncos trap on the OL and they block no one...the defenders either stack and shed with the greatest of ease or the lineman don't have any idea who to block. The run zone and the backside defender slams the cutback lanes, that's if the front side defenders don't blow the play up before the RB can find a cutback lane. They run gaps and the DL just uses the OL as human shields until the RB runs up his linemen's asses. They can't reach block, they can't cut block and they can't figure out who to block when they finally do get to the second level.

And because of this the back seven can squat on the quick passes, proof of this can be seen in the first three games when WR screens turned 3 Ints, one of which turned into a Pick 6. The dink and dunk doesn't even work, and even if it did that'd would still drive fans nuts. They're basically left with low percentage/low risk outside bucket throws, which should leave TE's down the seem but there's no Broncos TE's that threaten the seem and no QB with the balls to challenge that part of the defense. They rarely get enough time to run crossing routes.

They literally suck at everything, up to and including playaction.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 12-04-2016 at 11:45 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

People have been calling CJ fragile since 2014, and I think silkamilkamonico was actually the one who liked to talk about Morenos "glass vag" all the time; people were so down on Moreno that he probably never would've gotten back into the rotation—if McGahee hadn't GONE ON IR. The year after he led the NFL in yards AFTER CONTACT, in fact, while everyone said, "how can you say our line sucks: We led the NFL in rushing!"

Are you suggesting that the fans' opinion of Moreno would have kept him out? If we have that much power then get Kubes in here asap because a few of us would like to help him with his play calling.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Which is why I said no one was calling him soft THIS year. No one cares about Silka....I'm not going to take a shot on a guy who isn't here to defend himself but I will say not too many people flock to his posts for insight. Oh, there were some years where you claimed that the line was total trash when it wasn't.... Also, many years Emmitt Smith led or was up at the front of the line for YAC....and the Cowboys had a great line in those days. That's not the best argument to make, especially when the RB in question is a powerback...

So, I honestly think you should get past your man crush on your OC/HC and get better conclusions.

The Broncos run a WCO and that's been shit on around here too. I'm sorry, teams have zero reason to respect playaction...the defenses are stopping the run with basic 7 man fronts, most times even with just the front four. The Broncos trap on the OL and they block no one...the defenders either stack and shed with the greatest of ease or the lineman don't have any idea who to block. The run zone and the backside defender slams the cutback lanes, that's if the front side defenders don't blow the play up before the RB can find a cutback lane. They run gaps and the DL just uses the OL as human shields until the RB runs up his linemen's asses.

And because of this the back seven can squat on the quick passes, proof of this can be seen in the first three games when WR screens turned 3 Ints, one of which turned into a Pick 6. The dink and dunk doesn't even work, and even if it did that'd would still drive fans nuts. They're basically left with low percentage/low risk outside bucket throws, which should leave TE's down the seem but there's no Broncos TE's that threaten the seem and no QB with the balls to challenge that part of the defense.

They literally suck at everything, up to and including playaction.
    I'm sorry, but if you're always running the ball, they have to respect it because if you don't it opens someting else up. It might not open up the game and make it all roses and sunshine, but that's the power of the PA. Oddly enough, in the third game TS went nutso on the Bengals. Because the playcalling exploited the Bengals gameplan....which was to stack the box and dare TS to beat them. That same team with Atkins and Dunlap (two very strong pass rushers) and decent corners. That game showed good playcalling. And we ran decently with CJ early on in the year....

So guys...I hate to break it to you, but it is possible to produce with this offense. And we have a HC who is supposed to be an offensive guru....who is calling the plays....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information