2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I still can't believe that people think this is actually what Kubiak wants his offense to look like and that different plays will make a damn bit of difference.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I still can't believe that people think this is actually what Kubiak wants his offense to look like and that different plays will make a damn bit of difference.
    Of course this isn't what he wants his offense to look like. A Pop Warner coach wouldn't want his offense to look like this. The frustrating thing is that he apparently has no idea how to fix it. A little imagination might help compensate for the lack of talent up front. Continuing to run, and fail, at the same stuff for two years clearly hasn't made the offense effective, so try something else.
    Last edited by spikerman; 12-04-2016 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Typo
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    That's just the only way to get a 3-4 yd gain in Denver: In a month we'll be talking about Bookers "glass vaj," just like CJ, Ball, Moreno and McGahee. And probably criticizing him for "indecisiveness" and "dancing around." Just like Ball and Moreno. The problem's clear:

Our QB coach just isn't getting our 5th round linemen up to speed (I mean, OBVIOUSLY.)
    I admire your passion about the deficiency of Denver's O-line. But tis what tis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

The win was good.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I can agree with this. I think a bit more creativity is warranted, but the Kubiak bashing is getting annoying.
    Fairly agree. Kubiak singled out "ball placement" as Paxton's issue tonight, and had Paxton been accurate, the game has far different timber. Lynch was off tonight.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Of course this isn't what he wants his offense to look like. A Pop Warner coach wouldn't want his offense to look like this. The frustrating thing is that he apparently has no idea how to fix it. A little imagination might help compensate for the lack of talent up front. Continuing to run, and fail, at the same stuff for two years clearly hasn't made the offense effective, so try somrthing else.
    There's no play imaginable that doesn't require the OL to do their job, though, they try to pass to set up the run and run to set up the pass. The Broncos have also been limited by their QB for three straight seasons.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Good: Von, Talib, CH Jr., Roby, J Stew.
    Bad: Pax (and O-line, ofc, duh)

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Nature of the beast. When things go good the HC is praised, and when things go bad the HC is criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    There's no play imaginable that doesn't require the OL to do their job, though, they try to pass to set up the run and run to set up the pass. The Broncos have also been limited by their QB for three straight seasons.
    I mentioned earlier that I was excited to see the play action mis-direction make a comeback today, but the Broncos never seem to run it when it would be most effective. They also don't seem to run it with Siemian. They are supremely predictable. Since Denver can't just line up and beat people offensively they have to do it creatively. It just frustrates me that they don't seem to understand that.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

15. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I admire your passion about the deficiency of Denver's O-line. But tis what tis.
    Frustrating as Hell's wha' 'tis. As are the constant suggestions it's Kubiaks fault because he "has no idea how" to fix it and should "try something else." He's trying what gives a mortally wounded offense its best—ONLY—chance, and the proof of his judgement's that it was good enough to beat ALL of last years top AFC teams (TWICE, in NE*s case) and the SB favorite IN the SB to win a championship of our own.

All he's done after that is start a second-year final-round QB who got his first real action on Opening Day, and still post an 8-4 record in arguably the toughest division in the league. Yes, the D's a huge part of Kubiaks strategy, but that's hardly an indictment of his coaching. Regardless, avoiding screw ups long enough for a great D to win the game isn't as easy as it sounds (ask Camolina how well that worked in the SB.)

I hope Elway's finally seen the light on our linemen, but have hoped that for several years and am fully prepared to remain a voice crying in the wilderness.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    They are supremely predictable.
    My complaint.

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

The one thing I would get mad at Kubiak for was how we'd always line up under center and run the ball for no gain in short yardage, but the past 2 games he's tried running from the shotgun, play action pass under center, and passing from the shotgun on multiple plays and none of it worked. Our short yardage offense (and our entire offense in general today) is just completely incapable of doing anything.

Kubiak was brought in to fix the offense. The offense is worse than it's been since the Tim Tebow days, and even then at least Denver could run the ball. IMHO The worst part about Kubiak is he doesn't know how to adjust throughout the flow of the game. He doesn't help out the struggling oline, and you can see as struggles go the playbook becomes diminished and there's no creativity in a different type of attack. I think there should be a real question on if the guy can still coach/teach offense.

I still think he wasn't a bad option to pick for Head Coach, he lets Wade Phillips do his thing on defense. I think he's very good at managing the ebb and flow of the organization especially through some questionable times with positions. He certainly hasn't helped those positions. Denver still has games where you wonder wtf is going on and why aren't we prepared to play. I would love to see some new direction hired to handle more of the offensive side, I do believe we're going to see this continued dumpster fire next year too.

P.S. Fire Rick Dennison already. That guy does f'n nothing and is a waste of space within the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Our short yardage offense (and our entire offense in general today) is just completely incapable of doing anything.
    There's no creativity with it. This how illogical our short yard offense is - Kubiak builds an oline built to maneuver and move, and he lines them up in short yardage and plays a power game running the same play every time. It's f'n stupid and illogical. You don't have a power built line. Figure out how to do something else.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information