Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Paxton starts again

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Paxton starts again

Im actually fired up about this... If its going to be against anyone.....Jags are a good choice.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Let's be honest here. I'm not very optimistic. He played pretty bad against the Falcons and the Jags have the #4 pass defense. This could be a really, really rough game. I hope he does well, but I'm setting my expectations super low because last we saw him, he clearly wasn't ready for the NFL.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

He's going to struggle. Badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Rotoworld isn't very optimistic.

"The Broncos have already said Siemian could play without practicing, but the situation is officially a concern. If Siemian doesn't practice Friday, it's hard to envision him suiting up against the Jaguars. Paxton Lynch would be a major downgrade for Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas."

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/...trevor-siemian

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

I hope the kid has a great game!!!!

PFL!!!!!

8. The Following User High Fived capt. Jack For This Post:

More recently, now that it's confirmed.

"The talented Jaguars pass defense has been tough on quarterbacks this season, allowing just one opposing signal caller to top 280 yards against them on the year. Lynch struggled against a weaker pass defense at home against Atlanta in Week 5, managing 223 yards on 35 attempts with one touchdown and one pick. He took six sacks behind a sub-par Broncos offensive line. Lynch will be a low-end two-quarterback-league play in Jacksonville."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11206/paxton-lynch

That said, while I'm not excited in terms of the Broncos chance to win, because he's almost certainly a downgrade in that department, like last time, I'm excited to see what Lynch can do and how much he's grown in the last six or so weeks.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He's going to struggle. Badly.
    I think even Trevor would have struggled. We have got to figure out how to run the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I think even Trevor would have struggled. We have got to figure out how to run the ball.
    Why you say even TS it makes me laugh. Like "Even Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, John Elway, or Drew Brees," would struggle makes sense. I know what you mean, it is just kind of funny.

Jax's offense isn't a world beater like it was last year, but they have a lot of weapons. If the defense doesn't fix itself up we are in for a long, long, long road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Why you say even TS it makes me laugh. Like "Even Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, John Elway, or Drew Brees," would struggle makes sense. I know what you mean, it is just kind of funny.

Jax's offense isn't a world beater like it was last year, but they have a lot of weapons. If the defense doesn't fix itself up we are in for a long, long, long road.
    I'm not saying it in the manner you compared it to, I'm just saying that Trevor is thus far based on evidence available the better of the two QB's currently and even he would have struggled if healthy. I think no matter who the starter was, offensively this was going to be a difficult game. Our defense should end up feasting on the inept Jaguars offense.

In the same regard, I found it funny a couple days ago to read multiple Rotoworld entries talking about first how the offense in general would suffer a major downgrade with Lynch, and then talking about a major downgrade to Thomas and Sanders.

I think it's a bit overblown. I still think a lot of his problems was knowing a week ahead of time that he was going to start and he spent the week thinking about how he needed to not screw up and putting pressure on himself. While he was inaccurate coming in in relief, he was MUCH better in that game and got better as the game went on.

So, I'm hopeful that with those first start jitters gone, he will perform much better in this second start.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I hope Paxton does great.

Just please - ban Lynch12.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    In the same regard, I found it funny a couple days ago to read multiple Rotoworld entries talking about first how the offense in general would suffer a major downgrade with Lynch, and then talking about a major downgrade to Thomas and Sanders.

I think it's a bit overblown. I still think a lot of his problems was knowing a week ahead of time that he was going to start and he spent the week thinking about how he needed to not screw up and putting pressure on himself. While he was inaccurate coming in in relief, he was MUCH better in that game and got better as the game went on.

So, I'm hopeful that with those first start jitters gone, he will perform much better in this second start.
    I actually take a different take on that. The reason he looked better in relief is because the Bucs had no tape on him, they hadn't prepared for him. Their entire week was spent expecting TS and they got Paxton instead.

The Falcons on the other hand new what was going to be on the field and were prepared for it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I actually take a different take on that. The reason he looked better in relief is because the Bucs had no tape on him, they hadn't prepared for him. Their entire week was spent expecting TS and they got Paxton instead.

The Falcons on the other hand new what was going to be on the field and were prepared for it.
    I don't put too much weight in the "have tape on him" theory. He simply didn't play well against the Falcons.

I mean, teams had years of "tape" on great QB's like Elway, Manning and Brady. It didn't stop them from winning games.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Putting ANY QB (or RB) behind this line is setting him up to fail. It'll be amusing to watch Lynchs fan club make all the same excuses for him that they dismissed out of hand for Siemian, but otherwise there's little to be psyched about here. Either we beat a team any legit playoff team MUST beat (in which case, big deal) or they beat us (in which case we'll get a week of analysts talking about how the reigning Champs are in a tailspin, only a SINGLE game above .500.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

One of the reasons Lynch struggled vs Atlanta is that the pass protection made Vic Beasley look like Von Miller. Unlike what we did vs KC and made it a little better in the second half, we didn't make any adjustments vs ATL. We still haven't figured out how to help out the right side of our Oline in pass protection.

I'm interested to see if Lynch has improved since then. I'm hopeful he has. I also think everyone is overrating how poorly Lynch played. He did a decent job in the intermediate passing game (something we don't have anymore - with Siemian it's either 5 yd passes or deep shots). I will watch with guarded enthusiasm.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

23. The Following 7 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information