Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Paxton starts again

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Oh how I remember it...AFCCG and got beat. (Spend a 1st rounder on a Qb). Go 7-4, lose to the Chiefs and replace the starter for the 1st rounder. End the season 9-7 and miss the playoffs. The sub was made JUST BECAUSE. No injury, but for ego.

The Broncos weren't the same for years until PFM came to town. Do we really want this QB fight again? 7-4, WON THE SB, just got beat by the Chiefs, and peeps can't wait to see the #1 pick play.

Oh by the way, where is that pick from YEARS AGO NOW? Floundering in Chi town and about to hit the IR whIle being hated by the city, fans, and teammates
    Siemian is hurt, dude. It's nothing like kubes has much of a choice.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Oh how I remember it...AFCCG and got beat. (Spend a 1st rounder on a Qb). Go 7-4, lose to the Chiefs and replace the starter for the 1st rounder. End the season 9-7 and miss the playoffs. The sub was made JUST BECAUSE. No injury, but for ego.

The Broncos weren't the same for years until PFM came to town. Do we really want this QB fight again? 7-4, WON THE SB, just got beat by the Chiefs, and peeps can't wait to see the #1 pick play.

Oh by the way, where is that pick from YEARS AGO NOW? Floundering in Chi town and about to hit the IR whIle being hated by the city, fans, and teammates
    Not the same; despite several similarities, there are also several key differences. Siemian wasn't last years QB, and Plummer wasn't a 2nd year 7th rounder whose ONLY snap before 2006 was a kneel down. We knew what we had (and didn't) with Plummer, but Siemian's far less of a known quantity. There's no way of knowing what Cutler would've become if both he and Kubiak had stayed in Denver; Lovie Smith's hardly known for developing QBs (Grossman and Orton, anyone?)

Be careful of the false dichotomy, too: Just because Plummer (or Siemian) isn't the answer doesn't prove Cutler (or Lynch) is, nor vice versa. If it were as simple as either/or, Cleveland wouldn't have gone through a dozen QBs in as many years.

If Plummer and Cutler offer a lesson from which we can benefit, it's that NEITHER had quality NFL coaching to develop them, nor quality NFL protection and run support giving them time to learn how to scan the field, read defenses, go through progressions and generally run an offense. Plummer got happy feet because awful Cardinals teams gave him no pocket; Cutler forces passes because the Bears gave him the same problem. By the time Plummer got to Shanny and Kubes it was too late; he was a finished product who only got frustrated by their disciplined offense. Flip side, Cutler only had a few years with them before going to a defensive team that treated its offense as an afterthought.

So don't make Lynch run before he can walk, or you'll end up with another injury-prone QB scared of his own shadow, throwing desperate passes even on the rare occasions he DOES have protection, because he never knows when it'll break down, only that it WILL break down, and usually sooner than later.
    Last edited by Joel; 12-03-2016 at 04:01 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

4. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Siemian is hurt, dude. It's nothing like kubes has much of a choice.
    Plummer and Siemian are not in the same situation

Trying to draw comparisons to the Plummer/Culter scenario and this scenario is absurd. For one, Plummer was a veteran and TS is a young upstart. Secondly, and more importantly, TS lost his job due to injury.

Kubiak was been committed to TS as much as any HC can be committed to a guy like TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I think even Trevor would have struggled. We have got to figure out how to run the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Why you say even TS it makes me laugh. Like "Even Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, John Elway, or Drew Brees," would struggle makes sense. I know what you mean, it is just kind of funny.
    step back off freyaka, f***er. . .

"even trevor" vs "trevor would have struggled also". . . potato, po-tahto, either gawd damn way we need to run the ball. . . and maybe even pass protect a little bit also. . .

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I hope Paxton does great.

Just please - ban Lynch12.
    +5,000 to both of these sentiments!

Last edited by dogfish; 12-03-2016 at 08:51 PM.

9. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'm just waiting for motorboat to chime in. Good night now!!! Mic drop!!!
    wait, wut?

come on now, bud. . . you haven't posted here in like five years, and that pathetic and totally random attempt at a drive-by troll was the best you could muster?

do better!

:emancipator:

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Ok, maybe no more Herules IPA's for me

:mtn_man.....what

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Ok, maybe no more Herules IPA's for me

:mtn_man.....what
    alright, we'll let you go this time. . .

the hercules is a damn fine brew. . . #ColoradoUbesAlles

mtn is still around and kickin', but he hasn't posted here in quite some time. . .

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

He'll lead the BRONCOS to a win.

Packers/Texans game here. #suckstobemewithnodirectv

17. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

This post is complete non sense, nobody has time for fairy stuff youI are speaking. Cuter is no lynch, two complete different humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    He'll lead the BRONCOS to a win.

Packers/Texans game here. #suckstobemewithnodirectv
    Barbarian.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

20. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Barbarian.
    Any QB the BRONCOS put out there should win this game.

Any QB the BRONCOS put out there should win this game.
    I meant because you don't have the ticket. What are we - living in the 50s?
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

23. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I meant because you don't have the ticket. What are we - living in the 50s?
    Oh....I did until we moved here. #ihavenoballswifegetsherway

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Oh....I did until we moved here. #ihavenoballswifegetsherway
    Sad.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information