Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Paxton starts again

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Let's be honest here. I'm not very optimistic. He played pretty bad against the Falcons and the Jags have the #4 pass defense. This could be a really, really rough game. I hope he does well, but I'm setting my expectations super low because last we saw him, he clearly wasn't ready for the NFL.
    Our OL and prob no OL in the league has allowed as much pressure as lynch got in that game. I will try to find the stat again on the high percentage but it was over 50% off drop backs he has pressure. I want to say 60% but i will not say for sure till i find that stat again. But siemian has seen at most upper 30%. That in mind.

Lynch did not help the OL either with scrambling and slow decision making. But it would be really hard for him to repeat that performance. Lynch has a quicker release but slower descision making for sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I cant wait to watch him play, but really hope he doesn't get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I actually take a different take on that. The reason he looked better in relief is because the Bucs had no tape on him, they hadn't prepared for him. Their entire week was spent expecting TS and they got Paxton instead.

The Falcons on the other hand new what was going to be on the field and were prepared for it.
    The other team having tape doesn't give you happy feet and have you panic in the pocket. I think it was far less about what the other team game planned and far more about what Paxton didn't do well, which was made worse by having two backup tackles (not that the starters don't suck as well).

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    One of the reasons Lynch struggled vs Atlanta is that the pass protection made Vic Beasley look like Von Miller. Unlike what we did vs KC and made it a little better in the second half, we didn't make any adjustments vs ATL. We still haven't figured out how to help out the right side of our Oline in pass protection.

I'm interested to see if Lynch has improved since then. I'm hopeful he has. I also think everyone is overrating how poorly Lynch played. He did a decent job in the intermediate passing game (something we don't have anymore - with Siemian it's either 5 yd passes or deep shots). I will watch with guarded enthusiasm.
    As it is, Beasley, Jordan, and Houston are halfway to the HOF, just on their performances against the Broncos line this year.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    I hope the kid has a great game!!!!

PFL!!!!!

Same!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Our OL and prob no OL in the league has allowed as much pressure as lynch got in that game. I will try to find the stat again on the high percentage but it was over 50% off drop backs he has pressure. I want to say 60% but i will not say for sure till i find that stat again. But siemian has seen at most upper 30%. That in mind.

Lynch did not help the OL either with scrambling and slow decision making. But it would be really hard for him to repeat that performance. Lynch has a quicker release but slower descision making for sure.
    Here's the % of plays where QB was under pressure for Siemian's last three games and Lynch's one game.

54% Oak
    45% NO
    43% KC

36% ATL

9. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Here's the % of plays where QB was under pressure for Siemian's last three games and Lynch's one game.

54% Oak
    45% NO
    43% KC

36% ATL
    Where did you get thosr from?

Quote Originally Posted by nightterror218 View Post
    where did you get thosr from?
    pff

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    pff
    Was just curious the number i saw posted for the atl was much higher. But i would trust pff more.

Was just curious the number i saw posted for the atl was much higher. But i would trust pff more.
    The number was in the 60s. I don't know where he found those bogus numbers from. Pff is a joke by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    The number was in the 60s. I don't know where he found those bogus numbers from. Pff is a joke by the way.
    Ok, seriously, is this Paxton's kid sister?
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Ok, seriously, is this Paxton's kid sister?
    Yes.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    Please prove it.

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

It was a rough game all-around for the rookie QB, who finished the day with a 38.1 passing grade while also coughing up a couple of fumbles. Lynch especially had his struggles when he was put under pressure. On 17 pressured dropbacks, Lynch was able to manage just six pass attempts, and he completed three of them for 40 yards and an interception go with a 31.9 QB Rating. Lynch found most of his success today when he was throwing quick passes in the short-to-intermediate range. When Lynch got the ball out of his hands in 2.5 seconds or less he completed 16 of 20 passes with a 112.3 QB rating, but when he held onto the ball for 2.6 seconds or more he was just 7-of-14 with a 39.0 QB rating.
    47 drop backs, 17 pressures.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...roncos-grades/

Siemian's last three starts

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-kc-den-grades/
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-den-no-grades/
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-den-oak-grades/

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Oh how I remember it...AFCCG and got beat. (Spend a 1st rounder on a Qb). Go 7-4, lose to the Chiefs and replace the starter for the 1st rounder. End the season 9-7 and miss the playoffs. The sub was made JUST BECAUSE. No injury, but for ego.

The Broncos weren't the same for years until PFM came to town. Do we really want this QB fight again? 7-4, WON THE SB, just got beat by the Chiefs, and peeps can't wait to see the #1 pick play.

Oh by the way, where is that pick from YEARS AGO NOW? Floundering in Chi town and about to hit the IR whIle being hated by the city, fans, and teammates

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information