Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What made you a Bronco fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Brevity. Nice.
    I don't have a lengthy answer. On the seventh day, we watched the Broncos.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Born and raised in Denver. My dad went to games a lot back in the day, their favorites were always snow games. He'd come home with tales of snowballs being thrown at the enemy locker room entrance and the noise of sitting in the south stands and how during halftime you stayed in your seat and stomped the metal floors to interrupt halftime for the enemy locker room below you. I watched on Sunday's with him when he was home. My favorite player was Karl Mecklenburg, I first liked him because of a nickname I heard, the albino rhino. I remember during the 87 division win, my mom had one of those sun blockers in her car that was the Broncos, I ran out, got it out of her car and was running up and down the street with it, so happy we were going to the Super Bowl. I remember going down to MNF vs. the Raiders, not having a ticket, but going down talking shit to their fans. The Super Bowl wins, oh how I remember those! When I left my ex and got cleaned up off the drugs, I needed a healthy outlet, when you're going through sobriety, it's very easy to trade one addiction for another. My new addiction was the Broncos. Football played a key role in keeping me sober those first few years. It's been a constant in my life since I could remember. Thank heavens for football and thank heavens for the Denver Broncos!

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

John Elway.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Karl Mecklenburg, Tom Jackson, and Rulon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Born and raised in Denver. My dad went to games a lot back in the day, their favorites were always snow games. He'd come home with tales of snowballs being thrown at the enemy locker room entrance and the noise of sitting in the south stands and how during halftime you stayed in your seat and stomped the metal floors to interrupt halftime for the enemy locker room below you. I watched on Sunday's with him when he was home. My favorite player was Karl Mecklenburg, I first liked him because of a nickname I heard, the albino rhino. I remember during the 87 division win, my mom had one of those sun blockers in her car that was the Broncos, I ran out, got it out of her car and was running up and down the street with it, so happy we were going to the Super Bowl. I remember going down to MNF vs. the Raiders, not having a ticket, but going down talking shit to their fans. The Super Bowl wins, oh how I remember those! When I left my ex and got cleaned up off the drugs, I needed a healthy outlet, when you're going through sobriety, it's very easy to trade one addiction for another. My new addiction was the Broncos. Football played a key role in keeping me sober those first few years. It's been a constant in my life since I could remember. Thank heavens for football and thank heavens for the Denver Broncos!
    Great story. Glad you got clean and you have stayed that way.

Cool that the Broncos had something to do with it!
    I have been a fan since 1960....
    Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin
    bronconut/AGap "im just...being an ass rjent."

7. The Following User High Fived rjent For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith

I was born and raised in Arkansas, and the Razorbacks were the only kind of football madness I was used to. My wife joined the Air Force in 1985 and her tech school was here in Denver at Lowry when it was an Air Force Base. I had no defense against the Bronco mania we encountered here so I became a fan. I think that was Elway's third year. I remember running to a grocery store during halftime of a game and the game was playing over the intercom in the store. We made a TD and I high-fived a female stranger in the soup aisle. I've never managed to shake Broncos fever since then.

Lord knows I tried to find another team after 3 horrible SBs but I finally went all in at the beginning of the '98 season when I found a lonely Elway jersey hanging in a Sears in Honolulu and bought it. Watching football in Hawai'i is odd because the games start at 8:00 AM, 7:00 AM when no DST. I was up every Sunday morning in my Elway jersey to watch. When we were in the Super Bowl that year we had a house full of Green Bay fans that my wife had invited and my son took one look at the 2 cute daughters they brought and betrayed the Broncos, pretending to be a GB fan. The girls saw right thorough him and teased him the entire game for being a traitor. When the Broncos won I had to be a gracious host but when they left I whooped around the house for a while. It was glorious to be a Broncos fan! Finally!

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Hardwired For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post

the end
    Part of the story but there's more to it. You have a Denver connection

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post

the end
    I was going to say God, but 7 works as well, since some would say they are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwired View Post
    I was born and raised in Arkansas, and the Razorbacks were the only kind of football madness I was used to. My wife joined the Air Force in 1985 and her tech school was here in Denver at Lowry when it was an Air Force Base. I had no defense against the Bronco mania we encountered here so I became a fan. I think that was Elway's third year. I remember running to a grocery store during halftime of a game and the game was playing over the intercom in the store. We made a TD and I high-fived a female stranger in the soup aisle. I've never managed to shake Broncos fever since then.

Lord knows I tried to find another team after 3 horrible SBs but I finally went all in at the beginning of the '98 season when I found a lonely Elway jersey hanging in a Sears in Honolulu and bought it. Watching football in Hawai'i is odd because the games start at 8:00 AM, 7:00 AM when no DST. I was up every Sunday morning in my Elway jersey to watch. When we were in the Super Bowl that year we had a house full of Green Bay fans that my wife had invited and my son took one look at the 2 cute daughters they brought and betrayed the Broncos, pretending to be a GB fan. The girls saw right thorough him and teased him the entire game for being a traitor. When the Broncos won I had to be a gracious host but when they left I whooped around the house for a while. It was glorious to be a Broncos fan! Finally!
    Wooo Pig Sooie!!!

Where were you raised in Arkansas?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Born and bred.

Also 7.
    Same with me, I'm 3rd generation.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Atwater helped. So did Von Miller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Atwater helped.
    Woo pig sooie!

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I started playing organized football when I was 12 (1982).
    When I was 13 I was in a sporting goods store and an orange t-shirt with the Broncos "D" logo on it caught my eye and I bought it.
    My dad was already a huge Cowboys fan so I figured I should have an NFL team to cheer for as well.
    That was the same year they drafted Elway.
    Never looked back.

In 1994 my girlfriend (now wife) and I drove from Saint John, New Brunswick to Denver and saw the Broncs play the Raiders.
    We rolled into Mile High on a Friday morning and bought a pair of tix in the nosebleeds of the North stands.
    Elway and the boys got their asses handed to them that day but I may have looked at the scoreboard once...;-)
    I was too busy soaking it all in.

I cried like a baby on the living room floor when they beat Green Bay in Super Bowl 32.

It's been a long, fun (for the most part) ride.
    Last edited by EastCoastBronco; 12-06-2016 at 11:54 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Wooo Pig Sooie!!!

Where were you raised in Arkansas?
    Born in Ft Smith, grew up in Mt Ida when really young, then Pine Bluff all through school. Married in Fayetteville where our son was born. Relatives still in Mena, Hot Springs, Rogers, White Hall, Stuttgart, Conway, Magnolia. No connections to the northeast corner of the state but all over the rest.

Every time we go back there to visit, I remember the trees. We bought 40 acres of trees north of Hot Springs that we plan to retire onto eventually. Or immediately if I win the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwired View Post
    Born in Ft Smith, grew up in Mt Ida when really young, then Pine Bluff all through school. Married in Fayetteville where our son was born. Relatives still in Mena, Hot Springs, Rogers, White Hall, Stuttgart, Conway, Magnolia. No connections to the northeast corner of the state but all over the rest.

Every time we go back there to visit, I remember the trees. We bought 40 acres of trees north of Hot Springs that we plan to retire onto eventually. Or immediately if I win the lottery.
    What's that tiny place right off of Ft Smith? It's Ft something and I think it starts with a C.

What was the first jersey you have / purchased?

My first jersey was a gift and was a Tom Jackson. The first jersey I purchased myself was a Steve Watson

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information