Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Here’s what’s in the DirecTV Now $35, 100-channel internet TV plan

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

YoutubeTV

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Here's an outsider option most don't know about. There is a streaming company called Vidgo (https://www.vidgo.com/) which has a very strong channel lineup at a very reasonable cost. You can stream it online or through Roku and possibly others. You won't get the regional sports channels, CBS, NBC or MLB Network but you can get a lot of sports channels including NFL Red Zone and ESPN Goal Line.

I honestly haven't tried it yet because there's no friggin' live sports to watch right now anyway. Once some sports resume, I will probably give it a trial. I was on Playstation Vue before it shut down right before the Super Bowl.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I just wanna watch Broncos football. I've had AT&T since early 2000s. They should treat me as a loyal customer, and let me watch Broncos football. I'll pay whatever the cost, but I hate the restrictions of being limited as far as the Sunday Ticket on the internet.

4. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I just wanna watch Broncos football. I've had AT&T since early 2000s. They should treat me as a loyal customer, and let me watch Broncos football. I'll pay whatever the cost, but I hate the restrictions of being limited as far as the Sunday Ticket on the internet.
    I'm sure they'd love to if they were allowed. As long as DTV has those rights, not much anyone else can do.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm sure they'd love to if they were allowed. As long as DTV has those rights, not much anyone else can do.
    Yeah. Very true. I believe those rights are done within the next couple years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah. Very true. I believe those rights are done within the next couple years.
    Yeah I'd love nothing more than for DirecTV to lose those rights. It's honestly probably just about the only thing keeping them in business.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah I'd love nothing more than for DirecTV to lose those rights. It's honestly probably just about the only thing keeping them in business.
    I agree. NFL would bank the money if they gave fans more options. I like the Redzone channel, but I'd rather watch an uninterrupted Broncos game. I get there are streams out there, but I'd just rather buy a reliable source to watch games. It's 2020. NFL has to come up with something better.

11. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I agree. NFL would bank the money if they gave fans more options. I like the Redzone channel, but I'd rather watch an uninterrupted Broncos game. I get there are streams out there, but I'd just rather buy a reliable source to watch games. It's 2020. NFL has to come up with something better.
    I’m not sure that’s true. They earn $1.5 billion a year from DirecTV. The number of subscribers makes no difference to them. They’re going to ask for more on the next contract. Do you think they could recoup ~$3 billion a year if they spread that across three different services? I would like to think that’s possible, but I still only see the options as limited.

Let’s say they offer a ~$1 billion a year contract to DirecTV, TimeWarner and AT&T. Can those companies make enough of a profit to earn their ~5% profit off that (I’m guessing at what they’d want on their profit margin here, someone correct me if that’s too high or too low a guess)?

That’s assuming, basically, that by spreading it to three services those services will see an increase in total subscriptions going up by 66%. I’m not sure that’s possible.

The other option is going in house with the distribution, like NBA, MLB and NHL. This would mean a ton more options, probably a streaming app available without a cable company, plus any cable company could pay for the rights and distribute it to their customers. This would be best for fans. But, I wonder if they can make anywhere close to ~$3 billion doing that.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 05-03-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m not sure that’s true. They earn $1.5 billion a year from DirecTV. The number of subscribers makes no difference to them. They’re going to ask for more on the next contract. Do you think they could recoup ~$3 billion a year if they spread that across three different services? I would like to think that’s possible, but I still only see the options as limited.

Let’s say they offer a ~$1 billion a year contract to DirecTV, TimeWarner and AT&T. Can those companies make enough of a profit to earn their ~5% profit off that (I’m guessing at what they’d want on their profit margin here, someone correct me if that’s too high or too low a guess)?

That’s assuming, basically, that by spreading it to three services those services will see an increase in total subscriptions going up by 66%. I’m not sure that’s possible.

The other option is going in house with the distribution, like NBA, MLB and NHL. This would mean a ton more options, probably a streaming app available without a cable company, plus any cable company could pay for the rights and distribute it to their customers. This would be best for fans. But, I wonder if they can make anywhere close to ~$3 billion doing that.

I'm not a business person. It seems you give us fans more options than Directv, it would pay off. I'd be willing to pay.

15. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information