Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Here’s what’s in the DirecTV Now $35, 100-channel internet TV plan

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Here’s what’s in the DirecTV Now $35, 100-channel internet TV plan

AT&T-owned DirecTV unveiled the details on Monday of its own version of internet TV that promises — much like its competitors — few customer restrictions for a plethora of popular channels that will start at $35 a month.

Called DirecTV Now, the service lets subscribers watch live TV on mobile devices and connected TVs and includes local networks ABC, Fox and NBC, but not CBS. Like competitors from Dish Network’s Sling TV to Sony PlayStation’s Vue, there are no long-term contracts, no credit checks and users can cancel at anytime. The new service debuts Nov. 30.

“There’s over 20 million households that are not part of the pay TV ecosystem today,” said John Stankey, CEO of AT&T Entertainment Group, during Monday’s launch event. “This product is tuned to address portions of that base, to find the folks that maybe couldn’t pass credit checks, to look at the cord shavers and the cord nevers, and find a way to complement what is already a great premium subscriber base for those who have not been able to get into the ecosystem.”

Now’s lowest-priced plan, at $35 a month, offers 60 cable channels like ESPN, HGTV, CNN and Nickelodeon. For a limited-time, subscribers can upgrade to the 100-channel plan for $35 instead of the regular price of $60 a month. As long as the customer stays with the Now service, they get to keep the $35 plan. The 100-channel plan adds channels like DIY Networks, BBC World News and NBA TV.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/28...ernet-tv-plan/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Not a good first impression. It doesn't like Firefox. It doesn't like Windows lower than Windows 8. It demands to sign you up before telling you what channels you're getting.

Sling TV combined blue and orange networks for $49/mo gives me Fox and NBC (where available) and a myriad of ESPN, Fox and NBC sports channels. They also have NFL Network, NFL Red Zone, NBA tv and NHL Networks. My local sports are on Root so I'd want to know if Root is included. Otherwise, I don't care what else is on. Add the CBS All-Access to either package separately for $5.99/mo.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Not a good first impression. It doesn't like Firefox. It doesn't like Windows lower than Windows 8. It demands to sign you up before telling you what channels you're getting.

Sling TV combined blue and orange networks for $49/mo gives me Fox and NBC (where available) and a myriad of ESPN, Fox and NBC sports channels. They also have NFL Network, NFL Red Zone, NBA tv and NHL Networks. My local sports are on Root so I'd want to know if Root is included. Otherwise, I don't care what else is on. Add the CBS All-Access to either package separately for $5.99/mo.
    Cable and Satellite companies are scrambling to catch up when they should have offered packages like this years ago. This is the same hubris that brought down Blockbuster when Netflix came of age. People are used to on-demand entertainment and these "packages" seem archaic at this point. I'd gladly pay a few bucks per regular cable channel and a little more for select premium cable channels if I got to CHOOSE which channels. A true pick your package.

I cut my cable in 2009 and I don't miss it at all. Netflix, VUDU, Amazon Prime Instant Video, HBO GO, Sling TV, etc. are all more viable options at much better rates. Guess what? I will never watch HGTV. DIY Network? Pfft.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The part I miss is the DVR. It can be done and people do it but I'm not happy with the results. I have a workaround for NFL (Game Pass) and many college games (Watch ESPN) where I can record a game replay. I'm a bit disappointed that MLB Network isn't part of most of these deals.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The part I miss is the DVR. It can be done and people do it but I'm not happy with the results. I have a workaround for NFL (Game Pass) and many college games (Watch ESPN) where I can record a game replay. I'm a bit disappointed that MLB Network isn't part of most of these deals.
    The over the air DVRs from Channel Master are FANTASTIC. I have an older one that just records live TV (you can schedule recordings too) and it has a built in TV guide. The new one feature Sling TV, Pandor, VUDU, and other things. My parents have that and got the Sling Subscription and I am going to get one soon. Amazon Link

Buy AT&T and like it you heathens! I need $$$ lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I like AT&T because I'm grandfathered into their unlimited data plan for my phone. They hate me and always try to give me a free new phone to get a new plan.

11. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

You can go to your account from your mobile device and switch your account back and forth between blue and orange at no cost. It only takes a few minutes. The charges just go back and forth between how many days with each package. I think mine cost $22 last month.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You can go to your account from your mobile device and switch your account back and forth between blue and orange at no cost. It only takes a few minutes. The charges just go back and forth between how many days with each package. I think mine cost $22 last month.
    You can. The ESPN lineup is $20 and the Fox lineup is $25 but I get both and the sports extra so I can watch whatever channel I want without waiting for SLING to catch up. Once football season is over, I may drop the Fox half though since there isn't a lot to watch until you get to the NHL playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I like AT&T because I'm grandfathered into their unlimited data plan for my phone. They hate me and always try to give me a free new phone to get a new plan.
    I was but I switched my plan because they would throttle my data after 3GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I've had ATT for like a decade. You're welcome.

16. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

CNET has done yeoman work to provide a comparison between Sling TV, DirecTV Now and Playstation Vue:

https://www.cnet.com/news/directv-no...nels-compared/

Currently, there is no interface for Roku users for DirecTV Now. There is no DVR capability although Sling TV and DirecTV Now both claim they will have a cloud-based DVR with limited time storage to debut in 2017. Sunday Ticket is not available.

CBS is not available (they have their own $5.99/mo app they want you to buy.) Sling TV does not have MLB Network but DirecTV Now does not have NFL Network or Red Zone or ESPN Goal Line (college football's Red Zone).

So, if I were to switch, I'd lose some channels I like and add some channels I want. Just about as one expects. It doesn't seem ROOT Sports is available on any of them although you can get Regional Fox Sports or Comcast Sports channels. You'd think ROOT would be available on DirecTV Now since DirecTV and AT&T own ROOT Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I've had ATT for like a decade. You're welcome.
    Ive had it for about 4 months now that Amber gets it 50% off. I think Verizon was more reliable but can't complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Hi, pal. I know, that I'm crazy, but I would love to watch Netflix in 4k quality, but my internet is slow as a snail and I could not do anything with that. I extended the range of my Wi-Fi router, I used the Ethernet cable and I still can't have enough speed to watch even in 2k quality. The only one thing left to do is to change my Internet provider to a better one, to have a better speed plan. I've heard that this could be done easily via usave.co.uk service as this one is the best on the market and a lot of people have used it at least once. A lot of friends of mine told me that I will be able to find the best providers in my area, the only one thing that I will have to do is to give them my postal code, and they will make all the necessary job for me. I think I will try, there is a lot of TV series that should be watched in wonderful quality.
    Last edited by RoyalRich; 05-04-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalRich View Post
    Can you recommend me a good tv plan, please ?
    Sling TV. You're whale cum.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information