Page 101 of 115 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1720

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thead: Broncos vs Chiefs 11/27/16

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If it's insulting to point out a behavior, like I said report it...

At this point I'm done interacting with you. Your responses in this thread have pissed me off more than the game itself. I normally like you as a poster...but for right now...We'll just agree to disagree.
    Sounds good to me.

Just seems strange to me you can't handle the argument/position of a "child", but whatever. Hopefully you don't have kids.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If we are playing hindsight (which many are) than you punt the ball and play it safe. You force KC to go at the very least 60 or so yds to get in FG range. They still would of had around a minute at the very least to work with. If you go for it on 4th down and dont get it they still get the ball around the Chiefs 40 yd line. While you can note the probability of getting a first down is better than kicking realistically we werent getting that first down because they offense had stalled at that point. So to me either going for it on 4th down or kicking it was basically the same to me because in either scenario the Chiefs were going to have a short field to work with. Even if Kubes goes for it on 4th down and doesnt get it we lose and then people would still be upset at the call. I have a lot of problems with some of Gary's playcalling but that wasnt one of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Three Keys Unlocked: Chiefs 30, Broncos 27

DENVER -- Losses don't come much tougher than that.

In a game that went as long as a regular-season game can, Cairo Santos caromed a 34-yard field goal off the left upright as 0:00 displayed on the clock in overtime, dooming the Broncos to a 30-27 defeat at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Santos' kick came after the Chiefs were set up at the Denver 48-yard line with 1:03 remaining after the Broncos opted to attempt a 62-yard field goal on fourth-and-10 from the Kansas City 44-yard line. Brandon McManus drove a line-drive kick wide left, and an offsides penalty and two completions set Santos up for the game-winning points.

McManus felt he was good from up to 68 yards, and given his long-range success in practice -- including successful kicks of 70 yards -- it was a decision that the Broncos were quick to defend.

"I’ve seen ‘B-Mac’ do that many times in practice," said Head Coach Gary Kubiak. "It’s on me. I just gave them a chance. I thought we could do it and we didn’t get it done.

"We've got confidence in B-Mac," cornerback Chris Harris Jr. said. "We've seen him kick 60-yarders. We know he's got the leg strength to do it. It just didn't go in today."

For most of the cool night, it didn't seem as if the game would come down to a pair of kicks in overtime -- and a series of explosive plays late in regulation that pushed the game to extra tme.

The defenses dominated the first three quarters, and the Broncos held the Chiefs offense to just 12.2 yards and 0.7 points per possession on their first 10 non-kneeldown possessions.

But late in regulation and in overtime, the Broncos allowed the Chiefs to drive to three consecutive scores -- the first to tie game at the end of regulation, and then on a pair of drives for overtime field goals.

Still the game might not have gone to overtime without a series of special-teams miscues that paralyzed the Broncos.
    rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-16ca10c13aba

Article sums it up - everything that went wrong.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Sounds good to me.

Just seems strange to me you can't handle the argument/position of a "child", but whatever. Hopefully you don't have kids.
    I have 3 of them, they are very well behaved thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    10 yards would still have been a 56 yard FG. You're right that 15 would have been better - 51 yard FG. Neither is guaranteed, as he had to "doink" the final one from 34 yards.
    Yeah in hindsight they needed every yard they gained. I don't know how good Santos normally is, but most kickers will make 51 yards in Denver easily. 56 is a tough kick but certainly reasonable.

Either way, the Chiefs wouldn't have any downside kicking from any distance because they'd be doing it as time expired. The only risk would be a block, which as we've seen can happen, but is extremely rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If we are playing hindsight (which many are) than you punt the ball and play it safe. You force KC to go at the very least 60 or so yds to get in FG range. They still would of had around a minute at the very least to work with. If you go for it on 4th down and dont get it they still get the ball around the Chiefs 40 yd line. While you can note the probability of getting a first down is better than kicking realistically we werent getting that first down because they offense had stalled at that point. So to me either going for it on 4th down or kicking it was basically the same to me because in either scenario the Chiefs were going to have a short field to work with. Even if Kubes goes for it on 4th down and doesnt get it we lose and then people would still be upset at the call. I have a lot of problems with some of Gary's playcalling but that wasnt one of them.
    The offense had stalled when Trevor threw the clutch 3rd down conversion to Derby on our goaline as well. It only takes one play. Even if you gain 8-9 yards and don't convert, that's still playing for the win while putting them further out of fieldgoal range.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Sports fans are hysterical.

40 seconds left, ball at the 30ish, Fox decides to run the clock and go to overtime and he's the most cowardly coach in history.

1 minute left, ball at the 44, 4th down, Kubiak decides to give his kicker a shot at the win and he's an idiot because it's obviously statistically better to play for the tie.

Playing for a tie is not what competitive people do. I understand the argument for going for it on 4th and 10 and trying to get a first down and I would have liked that decision as well, probably even more than attempting the FG, but anyone who thinks we should have punted the ball there is being a got-dammed little sissy Mary and I fart in their general direction.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    If anyone cares, Siemian was 20/34 for 368 yds, 3 TDs and 0 Ints, with a passer rating of 125.6. He also ran for a yard more than Bibbs on half as many carries. Despite literally pitiful "protection" and nonexistent run support, against a top D with first rate pass rushers.
    I'll translate this into MO-ese for the rest of you:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mckaylasad.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	9812
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Sports fans are hysterical.

40 seconds left, ball at the 30ish, Fox decides to run the clock and go to overtime and he's the most cowardly coach in history.

1 minute left, ball at the 44, 4th down, Kubiak decides to give his kicker a shot at the win and he's an idiot because it's obviously statistically better to play for the tie.

Playing for a tie is not what competitive people do. I understand the argument for going for it on 4th and 10 and trying to get a first down and I would have liked that decision as well, probably even more than attempting the FG, but anyone who thinks we should have punted the ball there is being a got-dammed little sissy Mary and I fart in their general direction.
    I don't think i've seen hardly anyone say a damn thing about punting the ball...Most felt like Kubiak should have gone for the first down (which is still playing for the win rather than the tie)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I would have punted and tried to pin them deep because I'm a sissy...

Or because maybe it's harder to go 60 yards than 20...

Either/or...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Can anyone help me with that TD at the end of the game to tie it (well before the 2pt conversion tied it)

I know it was a catch but Im having a hard time with it - but i equate it to even if a WR is on his knees when he catches the ball its still a catch unless someone touches him after he has control of the ball. I just feel like we got screwed

But the football gods gave us a big FU last night between that and the FG that bounces between the uprights

My heart hurts - wish I never turned the damn game on
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Broncos explain defeat: 'Loss was on everybody'
    Head Coach Gary Kubiak and Broncos players talk about their mindset following a tough loss to AFC West foe Kansas City on Sunday night.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...e-3c08041812f3

Von is the last one to speak - he summed it up best IMO

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

The sky is falling

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Can anyone help me with that TD at the end of the game to tie it (well before the 2pt conversion tied it)

I know it was a catch but Im having a hard time with it - but i equate it to even if a WR is on his knees when he catches the ball its still a catch unless someone touches him after he has control of the ball. I just feel like we got screwed

But the football gods gave us a big FU last night between that and the FG that bounces between the uprights

My heart hurts - wish I never turned the damn game on
    He was bobbling it. Had he caught it clean, he would have been down by contact at the 1/2 inch line, but because he was bobbling it, it actually helped him because he didn't have control of the ball until he was in the endzone.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

OB

Ugh, this isn't good. I get the intensity, but it just looks like we're imploding on ourselves.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/WATCH-...-punt-49350580

Talib pushing Norwood after the muffed return.

Though, I can't say I didn't want to do the same.

20. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information